Trying to determine the number of global players

What i had for this tournament, forget to post it

4 Likes

Mine. Taken a few hours before reset.
Close enough.

4 Likes

MT participation is a new low. Currently place 6116, outside of top 1%.

1 Like

Too many events to me :sweat_smile:

In my case, tournament and CoE already drained out my energy so i attacked mystic only once :joy: no wonder if many choose not to attack at all

Looks that way. For now.

There’s usually a last minute rally about 2-3 hours before timer expires. About 4 more hours to go for this event.

2 Likes

@OGdirty1Kanobi did you manage to get this week’s RT number?

I forgot to SS before using 1 flag to clear POG task. :smirk:

Didn’t take a screenshot but it was around 713K

Thank you. Will use that number

I have 621,832 for final MT participation. Hope that helps @BlackZed!

1 Like

I got that too. Thank you for the info.

Haven’t gotten around to updating my records yet. It’s a slow lazy day today. :crazy_face:

We all need those slow and lazy days to survive. Hope you can enjoy it :slightly_smiling_face: you deserve it!

1 Like

One strong attack with battle items got me 399,718 damage, which translates to
rank 32,351 for single attack
rank 289,863 for total damage

The total damage is nothing to write home, but I’m a bit surprised that only 289,862 players were motivated enough to go for more than this 399,718 total damage.

It’s a sunset industry for MT. Numbers have declined slowly but surely. Unless Zynga manages to attract enough newbies and keep them playing for awhile.

2 Likes

What I have for this tournament

3 Likes

I apologize if I’ve asked this before, but does anyone have an idea of how many people play puzzle combat?

Reason I ask: there’s a lot of chatter about if the game is dead, declining playerbase, SG turning off servers (not limited to recent discussions, somehow this has been happening for years).
I assume PC has fewer players and yet it still exists.

My assumption is that if PC survives on a smaller playerbase, E&P would too.

4 Likes

Another thing to note, it’s usually the same ones that keep bringing this up. Not matter what change comes out, automatic reaction is “game is dead”.

3 Likes

Very true. Sometimes I think certain people want the game to be dead.

2 Likes

I deleted my PC app after a few days. I don’t think I even reached anywhere high enough to participate in events there.

PC is still plodding along cos it still brings in revenue, enough to justify its existence.

EP will be the same. It will plod along as long as Zynga is satisfied with revenue generated. I can’t see why Zynga would kill a golden goose that lays US$20m golden eggs (on average monthly) anytime soon.

Unless Zynga has a replacement for that golden goose. In which case they would can PC first since its revenue is significantly lower. Or whichever game brings in lowest operating cash surplus.

Those naysayers should react in a more productive manner if they want EP to die: delete their EP account to hasten the player decline, giving rise to the usual side effects, thereby hastening the death of EP.

Decline is minimal currently. Maybe 5000 exit monthly (my guess). There should still be newbies joining.

300k downloads (at least that monthly) should retain at least 1% => 3000 players. End result (my guess) => net decline 2000 monthly (my guess).

At this rate, EP will still plod along 10 years from now, unless those exiting are whales.

6 Likes

Hope they decide eventually to treat the golden goose a bit better, by improving QoL and more listening to the beta testers and some constructive forum opinions, to potentially sustainably grow the goose

2 Likes

Zynga is trying while adhering to their business strategy.

• more freebies currently than 1 year ago (yeah … it coincides with power explosion but at least there are more freebies)

• more stuff to do to cater to those who want to go more (more to retain player engagement though)

• adjusted some IAP pricing (non USA players can now get (at least 1x 200 gems at $0.99 in their own currency similar to US$0.99 for 200 gems)

Example for me (Singapore) :

600 gems $3.98
=> 1st 200 gems $0.98
=> 2x 200 gems @ $1.48 each (old price) = $2.96
=> rounding $0.04

• permanently fixed Rare Quests & Mirage on Wednesdays. Yeah Zynga diddled us players some by fixing total rare quests

• upcoming reductions in a troop levelling costs

5 Likes