Trying to determine the number of global players

I understand what you say - and generally agree - but the thread title is “trying to determine the number of global players” :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

A deeper question: Do E&P fans secretly want the game to shrink and die? I think people paying attention to the game have a sense that this is a slowly sinking ship, and all of the new events and heroes introduced in the last twelve months are an attempt to get one last cash infusion from the property. There are threads dating back years that make this case. It might be so; it might be inevitable. Should a player want this?

6 Likes

But they are approximately show the same

We haven’t data from official sources (and never will) so we “work” with that we have
Do not play in tournaments, do not hit MT… Players who just enter the game 2-3 times per day for grinding. In my opinion this is not active players :slight_smile: It is closer to players who get bored/tired with this game. I think limit breakers and costumes for all heroes (included already OP) did their “work”

2 Likes

I don’t or, to be extremely honest, don’t feel any need whatsoever to go out there looking for another game.
But… there are issues with E&P and many players don’t go thru them easily.
My guess is that there are players who are bitter towards the game for a lot of different reasons so, yes, I expect a portion of players to be willing for it to die.
Among those the ones I can definitely understand are players dealing with some form of addiction therefore unable to quit themselves.

@TeslaTry of course we work with what we have but if seems rather pointless.
We can get an idea but we can’t even infer how valid that is.
And as your message shows we even lack a definition of active player :woman_shrugging:t3:

The fewer players there are, the easier it is to reach top 1%…

I don’t think SG is going to provide that information. It doesn’t serve a purpose nor their interest. Thus, us forum users try to provide a ballpark figure of active accounts. Doing so, on a regular basis, will give us an idea on the number of players Small Giant has lost or gained over the course of these periods. This will also aid us in determining whether “the ship is actually sinking or is still cruising towards a distant money island, accumulating more bucks on its way”.

We know SG has that info. They have all the metrics and data needed to establish that information. As such, they will be exploring new markets to infiltrate their business. Years back, there were very very very few Korean and Chinese players in the game. Now, we see their names and alliances in the leaderboards. I don’t believe that they provide new content and new heroes and new events just to squeeze more money from the players just because they have determined that the game is going down fast. I won’t be surprised if SG is going to offer this game in Mars or Jupiter just for them to continue having their goose lay its golden eggs.

1 Like

Yes, even they know, it still based on active player, so… the info is always changed and counting, not alaways the same with others like event challange, tourney, etc…
But, with your sample on test zero hit, we as forum users finally can know about how many active player on that times at least… :+1:

1 Like

FWIW, here is the current ranking of my alt on the MT, taken just a few seconds ago:

So, I just broken the 1.1 million threshold of active accounts.

3 Likes

Thanks Ultra! This is a great service you’re providing. We can take the game’s temperature once per month, if you’re willing to sacrifice your alt’s MT loot.

1 Like

There is one more payout from Zynga to SG, based on EP performance from March 2021 to Feb 2022. As part of the purchase agreement.

Read this. Posting record sales thanks to Empires & Puzzles, Zynga pays $122 million | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz

1 Like

The results from my MT rounds were very surprising. My scores and ranking improved, but the percentile was much worse. (Total damage here)

Month —————-Damage————-Rank—————Percentile
January ————-1,822,407————15,260—————Top 1%
February————-1,762,784————10,996—————Top 1%
March —————-1,770,535————13,819—————Top 1%
April ——————-1,458,348————10,996—————Top 1%
May—————-—-1,862,691————12,709—————Top 5% (and could still go down)

Higher scores at higher rank but lower percentile=fewer players participating overall, but those who continue to play tend to be the top scorers?

1 Like

I tracked my raid performance on a weekly basis for more about two years - ranking and percentile.
This can be used to determine a range of players. What I found in 2019, is that the data points to about 1.18 million participants. In 2020, that number was about 1.38 million. I only tracked the first couple of months in 2021, so the data is less fine tuned, but points to between 1.25 to 1.48 million.

It could just be more players have learnt how to play MTs.

Taken a few seconds ago, here is the screenshot of the current ranking of my alt:

Currently, it is at 1,216,344th place. In less than 2 hours, the final ranking will be determined.

2 Likes

Yep.

1,236,563rd in the mythic titan, 0 damage inflicted against it, and still getting rewards :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@sft1965

Do we have the same ranking?

BTW, my main account got to Top 1% in top hits and top total.

I wonder if my ranking will get changed later :thinking::thinking::thinking:

So, is the game sinking then? Those who left the game, did they make an impact? Did SG dropped their income generated? So many questions, we will know next episode. Until then…

3 Likes

This is from a couple MT before, and not even a zero.

You can draw your own conclusion.

wow.
1,434,918 to 1,236,563
That is actually huge.
The game IS dying.

3 Likes

Thanks Ultra! I hope you do this each month. I really appreciate your contribution.

1 Like

Lets not forget that in many counties pandemic is almost over and people went outside to live a bit.
I’ve had a few games myself that i deleted from my phone recently, so i guess for some people it was the end of EnP adventure.

2 Likes

I also imagine the first few Mythic Titans had more active users as people tested it out. Some active players don’t both with it and may not opt in now.

Even if we take the numbers as is a 10% drop isn’t killer. Let’s see where we’re at in a few months. If this number drops below 1 million then it will be more of a trend.

2 Likes