Truly random boards would be great

Can you please make the boards in game truly random instead of “yeah those are random”? For example it’s ridicculous how the boards change from good/average to horrible when climbing up with trophies.

Everyone seems to have their own position with trophies, if you are higher than you should you’ll get more worse boards to lose even those raids that you should easily win.

Changing different line ups affects the boards as well so it’s no where near random. Same goes when attacking titans. If the boards would be truly random, those changes wouldn’t affect and the board would also give other colors than what is missing. You could raise titan hp instead of messing with the boards to keep some challenge in there.

Fighting against board instead of titans or another players makes me wonder what’s the point of all that.

They are random. The less colors you use on the team, less right color shields you will get. It is not like the game is programmed to give you a certain amount of right color shields neither should it be.

5 Likes

This is errant nonsense.

2 Likes

This post is truly ___________ (randomly generated word here)

3 Likes

I just disagree strongly. When you take out for example your green hero the board will be full of green tiles. That wouldn’t happen if the boards are random. Mayby sometimes but not always like it does now. I don’t say that there should be always certain amount of right colors, no. But why is there increased amount of missing color.

Just my opinion of what I have noticed since I started

This is what we call ‘Confirmation Bias’.

If you have a theory, then by all means devise a way to test it and then present the evidence. We’ll even help you collect data. But please don’t just tell us what you think you see. It’s silly.

7 Likes

@Brobb it’s silly how I spend money on pulls and get random 3/4* but not a single damn 5* I think this game hates me and is biased against males!

2 Likes

No, no, no! It is biased against females. I was supposed to train Joon and Grimm today, but I got 2 3*!!!

3 Likes

Must be. That’s the thing about randomness - when it feels like you’re unlucky, that’s sure evidence that the system is rigged against you.

Yeah okay guys got your point. I’ll start gathering the stats to post it later :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@SilentSneakerS every time I play the lottery I say the SAME thing to myself about the numbers. I swear the lottery system is against me!

3 Likes

Sometimes… Yes, i have the same feeling.
Exactly in the same moment you take out a color… BOOM! Gems everywhere. Dragon! Explosive! Combos!
And the double color? Nope, on vacation, sorry.

In that case i do think too it’s not random, but taking in consideration that i literally never run a rainbow team, it happen only few times.

So i don’t care.

The only time boards are not random is to start off, the first board you see is designed to have no matches but other than that it’s always random. They suck sometimes and other times they are great.

3 Likes

The first board can have matches before any moves are made

1 Like

Correct but you don’t start with tiles going up automatically, sorry if it wasn’t clear what I meant.

I have had a board in which tiles went up before I made a move. Granted this has only happened once out of who knows how many thousands of boards

2 Likes

Opposite of that, in the 8 months I’ve played this game, I’ve had exactly one board that immediately shuffled at the start. I don’t recall if that caused an automatic match though.

Same, once out of tens of thousands of boards.

1 Like

Okay so I have been recording my farming in 8-7 and have numbers from 30 boards for now.

First of all the blasting about random boards was perhaps not the best way to approach this but how ever glad that I did that so I got your response.

I changed the missing hero color and 16 out of 30 there were more missing color tiles in the start up board than other colors. How ever after that it was totally random which color tiles was dropping the most.

So yes I was wrong and boards are random. I also noticed that my playing style was wrong which created the situation when the whole board was full of missing color.

So to sum this up, sorry for the blast but thank you for the tips and getting me focus on my playing style :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hmmm… I’d say @Pops is spot on in proposing that it’s rigged to produce no already-complete matches on the opening board.

The reason? When we run out of matches, it shuffles the board, and from there you more often than not see one or more pre-made matches trigger.

Haven’t done the probabilities, but my gut tells me with only 5 colours, the total distribution of boards would have a non-negligible percentage with a 3 or more combo in place… I’d even venture a reasonably high percentage.

They can’t leave that opening board to chance otherwise you’ll see too many trigger a match straight away, which will of course make a mockery of any strategy with regards to opening moves in close Raid matches.

Anyone interested in running a simulation to determine the chances of a random opening board having at least one match? I’m guessing about 20% or more…

2 Likes