Troops - 3* Hero’s

I am purposing the idea that empires needs 3* mana troops Not just life or crit.

It’s not reasonable for 5* to be the only one with a mana troop Option.

balancing it where 3*had a mana troop would be reasonable.

Because 3* hero’s skills are comparable to other hero’s Such as 4* & 5*.

The troop limitation for tournaments is alway one below the hero limit; i.e., 3* heroes and 2* troops, 4* heroes and 3* troops, and 5* heroes with 4* troops.

Why? One answer may be that there are no five-star troops.

Another answer is that it enables newer players to compete without the disadvantage of not having leveled up four-star troops. It takes a while to even get a 4* troop, much less level it up.

A cynical answer is, by requiring varying troop levels for tournaments, SG increases the likelihood that we will invest more in “lower” troops for it’s ripple effect on revenue – troops require a lot of food, and that likely translates to gem purchases for that food.

4 Likes

I don’t understand I think its lame no 3* or 2* troop has a mana troop

1 Like

I mean what the heck the heros they have are comparable. Imo I think its nonsense so think change the topic slightly

Perhaps I misunderstood the question in the OP. Is it “Why do tournaments restrict the level of troops?” or “Why aren’t there mana troops lower than four stars”?

3 Likes

Yes. I think a change should persist being a added 2/3* mana troop like the 4* has.

Having only one star ranking being the only one with a mana troop option makes no sense.

Your question, then, is a design question. Only the SG team can explain unless someone wiser than me has the history of this design choice.

Originally there were no 4 star troops when the game was first launched, hence there was no concept of mana troops. 4 star troops were added later on, while all other troops (3 stars and below) remained the same. Atleast that’s what I know.

Maybe @Gryphonknight can clarify. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They rebalanced mana heavily in v1.4, especially fast and slow heroes, defense team mana from combos, 4* troops and introduced the first mana control hero ( which was also the start of the 5* HotM business model ).

Notes

Click for notes

The whole thing is a very interesting read, but lacks any context:

(1.4 Release Notes)

Some highlights

Some context

4* troops

Only Epic Troop summons gives 4* troops, but I cannot find a primary source that says when Epic Troop summons was added.

The forum appears to start with Empires v1.4 .

FIN

3 Likes

Wow. Very interesting read indeed. Thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What about creating of new 3 star mana troop? We see only new 4* troop, but the game is not only 5* heroes and 4* troop. I thing that will be really interesting if EP considers the option to create new 3 * troop that increases the speed of mana recovery.