Troop Comparison & Summary! -- Including Ninja Troops AND New Magic Troops

Mana 23 is the morst important breakpoint so I would continue with mana troops first.

As others have pointed out the bypass ability is even more important. They got the same breakpoints as mana troops (5,11,17,23,29). I only got a green ninja troop which I am running on Bertila most of the time.

I told you dude. Publik skoo educashion. Meh, Iā€™m just to lazy to read. Rather just have someone answer it

Guess this was the info I was looking for. So this means, that Ninja troops too should be levelled up to 11 as their most important ability gets stronger on this point (and later on 17, 23 and 29), right?

Yes. Those are the same levels for increasing the unique ability on all 4* troops.

I know this has been published quite awhile but just to let you know as a " beginner - >mid lvl " player here this is extremely useful.
I m building based on your guide after studying troops and the only problem I canā€™t follow your advice completely because one bloody colour (red)ā€¦ Red critical troops just love appearing in my portal with an exception this month finally a red mana and Ninja.
Thanks for the share!

Mana troops optimal level is 23, going to 30 only gets 2% more mana but takes a long time and lots of feeders.

What is optimal level or critical $ ninja troops?

1 Like

@DocBrown your threadā€™s been merged into one of mine :stuck_out_tongue:

For me, crit & ninja ā€œoptimalā€ levels are at one of the break-points where you get more bypass or critā€¦ So I would hazard that Ninja would probably be L17 and Crit would probably be L18

2 Likes

Alright, update on my troop progress and priorities (if anyone cares haha)

I have now JUST completed my primary Mana Troops to L29. This gives me the following troops:

• Mana 29
  • Mana 23
  • Mana 11
  • Crit 10
  • Ninja 2-3

Next steps are to feed 2* and above to the third mana troops getting them (hopefully) to L23 also. 1* will be fed to my Ninjas to get them to L11

8 Likes

Is there a break point for feeding troops? Like from that level itā€™s better to use 2* feeders and from that level 3* and so onā€¦
Before these levels should only 1* be used.

Iā€™m using 1* untill lvl 11, 2* to lvl 17 and 3* onewards. First set is at lvl 23 btw.
Dunno big itā€™s optimal tbh

3 Likes

Same here, but it was more an empirical observation, not hard-studied finding

1 Like

Comes back to how much excess food you got :slight_smile:

Obviously the food cost per feeder goes up the higher level the troop is; so there comes a point for each individual where they canā€™t hack paying so much food for just 40 exp given by a 1* troop.

For me that point is somewhere between L7-L11 usually.

3 Likes

Thx mates. So if I have a level 11 mana troop it makes sense to level a second mana or crit/ninja troop with just 1* feeders. The 2* are exclusively for my level 11.

My approach was to pump all in one mana troop to lvl 17 or 23.
I think i will make it your way because then i have more troops of the same colour for war/raids/tournaments.

Iā€™d go for a second mana, but main goal should be first mana set at lvl 23

1 Like

I use 3-1-1 and my priority is to have 3 mana troops. Right now I have almost a complete set at l17 (except nature, but will be there shortly). These are very useful for average heroes with the mana node.

Then two sets at level 11. This is crucial for v.f wars, so the 3 can fire in 6 tiles. I have not managed to get to a 3rd troop at level 11 in each colour, but level 5 is also a good level that I use with costume heroes.

3 Likes

I think the same. The breakt point for average heros to 9 tiles is one of the strongest if not the strongest =)
Thx for sharing

1 Like

Doing exactly that:

For all colours:

• Mana1 = L26/27 ----> L29 in 2/3 months (already have excess 4* feeders in all colours for final 28-29 push)
  • Mana2 = L17. ----> Start towards L23 when above done
  • Mana3 = L11. ----> Start towards L17 when above done
  • Ninja1 = L10
  • Crit 1. = L 6. ----> Go to L10 some day.

Have started using 1* troops to level up troops I use in events:

• 2* Blue
  • 3* Red

All above is contingent to excess food scenario & feeder availability.

My kill % in raid / wars is better against high TP (4900+) defences with 23-17-11 troop = 3-2 combo.

• Since almost 2 years, Gazelle , still, leads her team hunt with 3-1-1 super successful combo.
3 Likes

Updated the OP to include stat progression for the new Magic Troops.

Will update rest of the information gradually over time.

17 Likes

Thanks for the update ! A minor error on level 30 magic troop. The boost must be +20% mana.

2 Likes

Uppppsssā€¦ Fixed now

Thanks
20chars