🔵 [June 5, 2019] Trials of Strength Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Strength!

This is the First of the Trials in the 5th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 3.5 hours earlier at 3:30:00 AM (03:30 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Strength

Now that the Class Trials are on their 5th Cycle and seem to have reasonably stabilized, I’ve moved all of the guide information to a separate thread.

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Strength?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Strength?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Strength?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Strength?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Strength

• Fighter Boldtusk and Fighter Delilah are excellent healer options, but of course not everyone has them. Do you have one of them available, and did you bring them along? If not, how did you manage the lack of healers?

• The Barbarian and Fighter Classes have some big hitters — the “Strength” name for these Trials is no surprise. Did you find it helped to have some strong attackers for your team?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

• What items did you use, if any?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Strength occurred:

5 Likes

BT(+14),Grimm(+4), Kage(+3), Magni(3/70) and Azlar.
The only change is Magni, who replaced LJ. More blue tile damage helped a lot, but I almost killed myself against the counterattack. Had to use arrows for safe measure.
I’m now waiting for the last scope to ascend Magni. After that I don’t think my team will change anymore. I recently got Elena from TC20, but she won’t be in training for a long time, since I also got Marjana (my only 5* rouge) a week ago and also a Khagan (though I don’t know if I’ll train Elena or Khagan first).

Emblems continue to go to BT and Kage, trainer was for Marjana.

4 Likes

The game spammed green tiles at me constantly. In the final battle I used 1 dragon attack and one bomb.

2 Likes

One of the easier trials for me. Gretel - BT + 13 - Grimm +14 - Gravemaker 3.70 - Delilah 4.62.
A few tweaks since the last time - Delilah has gone from 3.70 to 4.62 (finally got the darts and have been solely maxing her in the last couple of days). Panther is still stuck at 3.70 (waiting for her last tabard) and makes way for a 3.70 Gravemaker. I figured that the red elemental link with boldtusk would be slightly more synergistic.
No problems taking down the trial without the use of any items. I made sure going in to the final boss fight my team were fully charged up with plenty of Delilah minions as sponge cushions. Focused first on Azlar as he is the main threat. Gretel’s special prevented him from firing his special on the 3rd turn and in turn killed him. Nashgar died the following turn although he did get his special off on Gravemaker who laughed it off. He is used to playing with fire after all.
Finally after a small recharge, Gretel was ready to go again and finished off Elena.

Trainer hero is going to Delilah. (Well any 2* feeder and above is going to Delilah at the moment) and I hope to have her maxed by the end of the week so I can then focus on Gravemaker.
Will be saving my emblems for Delilah and Gravemaker when they are maxed.

3 Likes

My team: Obakan 4/80+6, Colen 4/70+7, Grimm 4/70, Hu Tao 4/70, Little John 3/60

-I don’t have Delilah. I do have Boldtusk but he is at 1/1, unfortunately. I have to finish Guardian Falcon first, but I hope to get to Boldtusk soon so he can replace Colen.
-My team was all AOE, so that did dilute their hits somewhat, but Grimm has really high attack and even at 3/60, Little John hit pretty hard.

-No, my team didn’t really change at all. I plan to swap Hu Tao for Poseidon and Colen for Boldtusk in a future trial of strength.
-No change, but I might max Little John. I have been avoiding him because I don’t care for his slow mana, but I did find him really useful for this trial.
-Some heals. Antidotes for the AOE. And mana pots to charge Little John and slow down enemy mana generation.
-I didn’t get enough emblems to upgrade Obakan and I’m saving the fighter emblems for Poseidon. So they are sitting in inventory for now.
-Wilbur ate the trainer hero.
-I found Little John’s mana generation reduction extremely useful. I hadn’t used Little John that much, this trial has convinced me he might be worth the ascension mats after all.

4 Likes

This one is still a pretty weak trial for me: Boldtusk +10 / Namahage max / Rudolph max / Grimm +9 / Grimm somewhere in 3rd tier (could have Valen instead, but went for 3x defense down).

Absolutely no problem with the first two stages, but I don’t think I’m trying the third stage anyway. No way to keep all those weak heroes alive… Obviously Boldtusk and Grimm are the big recipients of the emblems.

2 Likes

Pretty comfortable considering team wasn’t full of good hero’s.

Magni 3/70, Poseidon 3/45, gormek 4/40, Hu Tao 3/60 and Gato 3/20

Gato didn’t make it to last stage, used 5 bombs, 1 dragon, 5 health pots & some antidotes.

All emblems waiting, fighter for Magni / Poseidon one day and barbarians for me to get a good hero in that class lol.

Trainer hero also waiting for one of the above to get to 4th tier

2 Likes

Did some leveling on Gretel before, used about 2/3rd of my items, antidotes are the most important here and tried to control mana by Gretel and Little John. Azlar got some fresh meat afterwards. It’s all in my clip.

6 Likes

" Nashgar not strong enough to crush commander, commands good".- love that barbarian expression.

Previous team Hu 3/60, Delilah+ 4, Grimm 4/70, L.J 3/60 and Colen 3/60.

This time, BT +2, Delilah +4, Grimm +4, LJ and Colen still same.

Items : minor mana potions 9, minor antidotes 1, carpet bomb 2 and 1 dragon attack. LJ and Colen fell from Azlar and Nashgar 's blows, then BT and Grim took up their case, as a result, Azlar popped, then Elena, leaving Nashgar suffer the final blow.

The trainer goes to RedHood, barbarian emblems go to Grimm, and fighter emblems to BT, from their valiant efforts they both deserved it. :blush:

4 Likes

Last May 1 team was:

Which did already pretty good considered an underleveled Magni.

This time Magni was on the bench since the MVP Poseidon wanted to play:

Used an axe just because i could :joy: without it i could have definitely risked to loose the fight :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

it was the easiest trial till now

quiet weak team: BT 4/70, Colen 3/60, Grimm+8, LJ 4/47, HTao 3/60

but good starting board + careful tile management and luck :grinning:

full charged before final stage, one red diamond ready to reload Colen and BT and a lot of blue tiles,
used only one axe, and some mana pots, none of the bosses launched their specials

next trials of strength I will go with Mr Azlar, I hope :sunglasses:

2 Likes

To my suprise I have finished this trail without using any items at all.

Only change I made in team is that i swapped Gormek +0 for a Grimm +10.
All other hero’s where already maxed before.

Line up:
Grimm +10 | Bold +0 | Elena +5 | Sir dances a lot +0 | Little John +0.

Went into the last level with bosses fully charged all hero’s
Let loose the juice and then slowly grinded them down while Bold could heal them up where needed.
Key was Little John his mana gain reduction, none of the bosses got 1 special in at all.

Recently got Azlar from TC20 so he got fed with the trainer.
Emblems I have not decided yet who will get them.

3 Likes

No good boards, so lost too many heroes before reaching the bosses. Saved my arrows, axes and bombs for another day! Here’s to hoping I’ll have Boldtusk next time around!

4 Likes

My team from last Trials of Strength:

My team from this Trials of Strength:

Grimm #2 wasn’t quite ready yet but I threw him in for fun to see how the team would do. The whole team is a bit squishy and LJ was getting pounded, I lost him in Round 3, just couldn’t keep him alive. The double Grimm helped a lot in the Boss stage though so I look forward to finishing him off. The final result:

Didn’t have to use weapons so I’m very pleased with the result. Super Grimm stuck at +14, 2 emblems short of another Wound level.

5 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

The Battle

This one remains pretty straightforward for me.

I used a few more minor healing than last time due to a slower board during the Bosses, and swapped in some minor mana to feed Boldtusk when needed, but otherwise it’s nothing major.

The Bombs are a nice safety net, but I didn’t use any this time or last at the least.

Shiny New Emblems

Boldtusk stepped up twice to +14, and Grimm stepped up once to +12.

RNG is really starting to show in Emblem distribution, with my Monk Wilbur at +18 and Barbarian Grimm at +12, even with these extra Barbarian Class Trials completed.

Click for Screenshots and Stats

Still Hungry

Gormek #2 got the Trainer snack, and is slowly approaching max for my War bench.

5 Likes

Boldtusk 4/70+10

Yes… and should have been better… (more on that latter :sob:)

Maxed and emblemmed Boldtusk, Grimm, & Hu Tao.

Old Team:

New Team:

Should have been if not for my silly mistakes. (more on that latter :sob:)

10 Healing Potions, 5 Potent Healing Potions, 5 Axe Attacks, & 5 Bomb Attacks. Actually, it was more. (more on that latter :sob:)

Gonna put Hu Tao to +4 and then focus on Boldtusk untill +20.

Kiril.

Lost 20 flags… almost lose 40… :sob:

I should have won the first attempt, many items left and I just need to throw 1 bomb to win it… but I lost it… here are my mistakes:

• I forget to review my attempt at the previous trial, I thought Rudolph was merely for stacking thus I let him die early, not remember that I use the mana cut to prevent Azlar and Elena to fire early or at the same round…
  • I neglect to check Colen’s HP and he died before boss round.
  • I forget that Elena have revive talent, I kill her with gem, charging her in the process but she revive and fire her skill, killing my Hu Tao and put Grimm at critical condition, Azlar slash attack finish him and I lost… Azlar’s HP was bellow 300 and I have abundance items left, should have use healing potion or axe or bomb which remain unused… :sob:

On the second attempt, the puzzle was insanely bad, lot of green and purple all waves, I have to use all items and I almost lost it again… :neutral_face:

8 Likes

Sounds like quite the ordeal! Glad you made it through on the second time. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Last time my forge wasn’t leveled up and my team was Grimm 4/70, Colen 3/60, plus Rudolph and other maxed 3*. I got my ■■■ handed to me by Azlar in the third stage…

This time my team was Boldtusk 4/65, Colen 4/70, Hu Tao 3/60, Grimm 4/70 and Rudolph+7. Boldtusk made all the difference, his healing allowed me to finish the first 2 stages easily. During third stage Azlar gave me some problems again but I nuked his mane with some bombs.

I got more emblems for Grimm and the trainer went to BT :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I just noticed we have the same team :smile:

2 Likes