[Mar 10, 2019] Trials of Piety Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Piety!

NOTE: The Trial officially starts at 07:00 GMT. This post is scheduled to go live one hour earlier at 06:00 GMT.

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of the start time, force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

This thread is for sharing and discussing your teams. :slight_smile:

You may also be interested in this older thread from the first time Trials of Piety occurred:

Overview

• Trials of Piety allows Clerics and Monks

• The bosses are Joon, Vivica, Boril, and Friar Tuck

• Monsters are green/nature and blue/ice

Final Boss HP

Each boss in Stage 3 has 4195 HP.

This is one of the stronger sets of bosses. Along with Friar Tuck’s ability to heal the bosses, that can make carpet bombing/nuking a bit more challenging than some of the other Trials.

Guides

@Mariamne’s excellent overview of the Trials of Piety:

If you need it, @Mariamne’s full guide to the Trials and Hero Classes is here .

@madmarv has also created a video tutorial series for each Trial.

Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Piety?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur
0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Piety?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages
0 voters

Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• What items did you use, if any?

• Did having a lot of healers and defensive heroes with few hitters in the Cleric Class impact you?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• Anything else interesting to share?

2 Likes

My team last time:

My recollection is that Friar Tuck was a bit difficult to take out without items, given the lack of heavy hitters.

Since there’s no AoE boss in this one, I’m going to remove Boril and swap in Wu instead. I’m hoping the attack buff, 3 stack of yellow, and defense debuff from Wilbur will be enough to make wearing him down with tiles effective.

The only other notable changes in my team since last time are more emblems for Wilbur, and Vivica has grown up quite a bit.

5 Likes

Had to use miracle scroll on last one, couldnt remember mr Tuck being so tough, Monk emblems straight on Wilbur

4 Likes

Hawkmoon 3/50 - Wilbur 3/60 (need one more blade) - Wu Kong 4/54 - Leonidas 2/60 (realistically in line after Li Xiu for orbs, of which I only have one anyway) - Bane 3/50

Completed the first two fairly easily (a few healing potions, a little frustration from having two colors and bad boards coming into the last battles), fairly confident about going into level 3 on this one, though I will certainly bring some offensive items.

Should I replace Bane with Li Xiu 3/3? (gains 26 team power, but then I have one less striker)

1 Like

No rez was needed but almost all items were needed. It came down to Joon vs Joon.

2 Likes

Li Xiu’s mana control could prove useful with Friar Tuck. If you can slow down his healing enough to have time to do more damage each time, you may be able to wear him down faster than he heals.

That said, you may well need to go item heavy on this one if possible — Dragon Attacks, Bombs, and Axes are ideal, if you have them.

1 Like

Screenshot_2019-03-10-10-21-39
In last trial my Joon was ~4^60 I think
Easiest one for me

2 Likes

Team power 3569, no battle items

2 Likes

Success!

This time went pretty well — I was able to kill Boril with tile damage, and Leonidas helped keep Friar Tuck in check.

I wore down Friar Tuck a lot with tile damage while Wu and Wilbur were active. He really melts away with the defense debuff and attack buff.

I didn’t do as good of a job ensuring one of Rigard or Vivica was charged constantly as I should have, and eventually started losing heroes once I was out of minor healing and mana pots.

I used 2 bombs along the way while duking it out with Friar Tuck and Joon to dull their attacks a bit.

By the end, I was down to just Wu at full health, up against Joon with 200-and-change health.

I had tiles to hit him with, and Wu was active. But Joon was about to fire.

Deciding not to let my bizarre item stinginess get the best of me, I tossed one more bomb at him, and called it a day.

The tokens were enough for me to unlock one more node on Wilbur. This screenshot is from after the second stage.

The Cleric Emblems were added to the growing pile for when Vivica is maxed — which should be before Trials of Piety rolls around again!

5 Likes

Same team. I guess i didn’t screen shot it again last time. I’m pretty sure Boril was like 1/1 haha and Friar was like 3/36. It was painful finishing him. As you can see i stopped on Boril as I’m just now finishing the last levels maxing my Grimm out and i know i brought Alice to 2/60 right after i pulled her.
Eventually both Li Xiu and Wilbur will get maxed. I just dont use Wilbur all that much right now. Not a lot of fire power for this one, so I’ll probably skip the last level again. I don’t need a 50 minute battle with the healers and no debuffers.
Only did the first level since i didn’t save enough WE for this.
Oh, and of course Rigard will get maxed too eventually…but he’s not a priority for me right now.

3 Likes

Bring Wu, Boril and three healers, so tile-dmg and reposte will kill em fast, while you sustain…

Wilbur may also be useful, to spread dmg, if some of your fellows were still a little weak. He also buffs hard.

2 Likes

Well, don’t know if it made a big difference, but I finished the third stage (with dragon attacks and bombs) pretty handily after subbing in Li Xiu. By the time the fifth board came around, there was almost no red or yellow to be seen, which meant either charging specials that one-shot my heroes or carpet bombing. I chose the latter. Joon got one special off, and so did Boril, but he died from the fire from the Dragon attack…

1 Like

Riposte was my source of damage here. Was able to grind them on the 3rd level with one boril 4x70 and another at 3x60 positioned at the flanks. Also brought two healers (hawkmoon + rigard) Last hero was Li for some mana control

Battle didnt take too long and their heal was less of an issue compared to last time due to counter attack from all my heroes

3 Likes

Congrats on making it through!

Carpet bombing is a good approach until you get your team leveled up more, so that certainly still counts as a great victory. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Clicked battle and forgot Wu :see_no_evil:

Without him I needed 5 bombs, 5 axes, 10 minor and 5 average mana potions. Also the fight lasted about 20 minutes. :zipper_mouth_face:

Shame on me, but at last I did it on the first try. Friar Dumb was just annoying without Wus tile-dmg. Li wasn’t that helpful. Hugging like dmg and only one turn gained each special usage. The bosses fired uncountable times…

Here are the pics.

Next time Wu and Li to have some more serious holy tile-dmg.

2 Likes

Mobs

@zephyr1
Mobs are green/ nature and blue/ ice

Forges

Remember to craft replacements for the items you used

Team

Current team

Wu Kong 4*+3
Wilbur 4* 4.70 ( new )
Baby Rigard 4* 3.57
Hansel 4* 4.42
Papa Rigard 4*+7

Changes

Off color, 1 day, power leveled Wilbur to 4* 4.70. Wilbur replaced Joon. I will level Wilbur to 4*+1 ( maybe 4*+3 since he is a color stacking hero ) then resume leveling Wu Kong to 4*+15. Probably leave my second Wilbur at 4* 1.1 for now.

Mobs were a lot easier with red Wilbur doing double damage to green mobs. Removing Joon left me with only one special skill with weak damage ( Hansel’s Witch Killer ). Considering swapping Wu Kong for Joon when Joon gets a lot stronger ( currently 5* 3.38 ).

I saved on 100% mana and Arrow Attacks, but I used as many Dragon Attacks and Bomb Attacks

Wilbur versus Wu Kong

I find Wilbur very powerful, but less versatile and more finicky than Wu Kong. Similar to Proteus/ Hansel.

Personally it annoys me that special skill duration seems to get shorter and shorter as the heroes level. Gunnar gets 5 turns, Wilbur gets 4 turns, the rumored Aegir rebalance gets 3 turns.

Because one of the most powerful 4* special skills is Ramming Pulverizer - which lasts 6 turns - and Wilbur’s Wonderful Feast overwrites it, this can also make picking heroes difficult since there is no purple or blue Wilbur as there is for Ramming Pulverizer.

Wu Kong

But with Boril’s reflect damage, Wu Kong does as much harm as good. I am mainly using Wu Kong for his defense and HP until Joon can get stronger.

4 Likes

I was able to complete all three stages with this team:

Items used: 4 Minor Mana, 5 Arrows, 5 Axes

Not a lot of direct damage, but Boril’s reflect, Kunchen’s -DEF, and Wu Kong’s +ATK were enough to get it done. Hatter got taken out by the bosses in the 3rd stage, but I finished - can’t wait to get him leveled up! :smiley:

4 Likes

Same team as last time but I just brought some items to have a less longer battle.

So the coming in the last stage was not so bad

But Mnesseus was targeted a lot, one shooted 2 times by Joon, and I revived him once. Finally, to get it done, I used some items.

So I dunno, I have Elkanen at 1.1 but honestly I don’t want to… :grin:
Let’s see the V20 and I wish I will get some others heroes in this class :crossed_fingers:
Maybe Boril will be leveled in a couple of months…

3 Likes

That’s my team. Finished Stage 1 and 2 at full health. Waiting on WE to refill before doing Stage 3 but I don’t see much trouble there

3 Likes