[Apr 3, 2019] 🔵 Trials of Mysticism Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

Used the same team as the last time… I’ve been blessed with wizards.

Kiril 4.70 - Zeline 4.80+3 - Proteus 4.70 - Merlin 4.70 - Ameonna 4.70

I think last time I had less trouble - last fight bosses took my Kiril down very soon so I had to work my way out with items. Emblems secured but cost me 5 bombs and 2 dragons.

1 Like

Worst trial for me… used everything except the kitchen sink. I seriously need to replace Janghir…
4.45 Sartana, 4.70 Kirill, 4.01 Kirill, , 3.60 Kashy, 3.60 Kang

Used pretty much most of the items… At least 3*
SighIMG_20190403_055424

3 Likes

So, I swapped Ulmer for Gill-Ra, so went in with 2 purple, 2 blue and a green. The double blue was extremely useful for the mobs. Due to carelessness, I lost Skittleskull on the third wave of mobs (filling my specials, didn’t notice that she got a heavy hit until too late). In the final battle, I unloaded dragon attacks and bombs, then went about killing the bosses. Ulmer was lost on Quintus’ last hurrah (unfortunate cascade of reds and yellows charged him when I wasn’t ready for it).

Items used: 5 potent mana, 5 dragon banners, 5 dragon attacks, 5 bombs

Chochin ate the trainer and gained 8 levels… Sabina will be getting the sorceror emblems (but needs 30 or 40 for the next node). No real candidates for the wizard emblems, unless I want to kit out a 3-star.

2 Likes

This one was easy last time for what I am remembering but this time it was a bit harder.

I should have worked to have a better board for the final stage and used my little potions before the death of 4 heroes… :grin:

Anyway, it’s done with the same team as last time :

2 Likes

It’s amazing what can be done with 1 Proteus 3 healers and some small mana pots lol. This has to be the most fun class quest for me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It seems now the mobs can kill Ulmer in 2 hits. The bosses have slight increase in HP.

No personnel change, but Sabina and Proteus went up from 3/60 to 4/50. Oh no, I just realize when I write this that I forgot to change 2 of my troops to the better ones…
Old team:

New team:

10 healing potions, 10 minor mana potions, 5 bombs, 2 dragon attacks.

Yes, I use Proteus to prevent them from firing. After I run out of potions, their HP already fall below 900 thus three bombs dropped were enough to end the fight.

I bring Proteus and Kashhrek. I had Kashhrek between my strongest and most important hero to keep them alive.

Yes, and I am considering to bring my second Proteus to 3/60.

Sabina and Proteus will have the emblems when they reach level 70.

I wasted some of the healing potions on Ulmer and Graymane, I decided not to wasted it on them anymore so they fail to reach the last stage. After reviewing the battle, I think I shoukd have treated them only as blue puzzle dummy. I should have nit bothered about keeping them alive. If I had saved more healing potions for Sabina-Kashhrek-Proteus, I might be able to save more bombs. Maybe next time I can replace the dragon attacks with mana potions.

2 Likes

Two maxed Isarnias ftw :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

This trial was hard. First of all I decided not to use heavy bombing, So I used only axes this time to reduce attack strength. Also, most of my available heroes are purple, so they are weak agains two of three bosses (and the most dangerous ones).

I started with this line up
Trialteam2fail

I failed 3 attempts having only one boss with a minimum health left. I could’ve used gems, but decided not to.
Since it was so close, and all I needed was just a bit more health for my heroes, I made one more attempt, but in this case a changed Merlin for Sabina to have more healing. Merlin showed himself useless, as his attack is not strong and Mindless Attack lasts just for 3 turns which doesn’t give noticeable effect.

This worked.

5 Likes

I won all three levels so I had to recreate my team here:

I had super healing potions as well, not the littler round bobbies.

I used a LOT of healing potion on the last level, and a few mana potions. Nothing else. Was surprised to win! :grin:

9 Likes

Very defensive team. :slight_smile: How long did it take to pass a final stage?

Not long, surprisingly (maybe a few minutes?) I expected to fail. I have very little offensive in those classes, alas.

Edit: Proteus was the MVP. So long as Quintus wasn’t gaining mana, he wasn’t firing, and my healers could repair dmg in between.

6 Likes

Here’s my team. Thanks to Proteus the bosses never fired.

3 Likes

This is one of my weakest teams, probably. Just did the first two, I aint even gonna try the third one.

1 Like

Unbelievable, the mobs killed 3 of my team and I had to nuke the bosses all the way down.

Normal attacks took my weaker dudes.

5 Likes

Former Team:
Guinevere 4^50
Ameonna 3^29
Proteus 4^10
Onatel 2^60
Kashhrek 4^50

Current Team:
Guinevere 4^80 +3 (def, HP)
Hel (3^56) - acquired last Atlantis
Proteus 4^70
Onatel 3^38
Kashhrek 4^50

Healer-heavy and mana-controlling team, albeit almost toothless.

3 Likes

Last team going in based on the roster it spit out:

My team this time:

I have to say the “all purple” strategy is… not ideal. Besides it being weak to mobs and bosses, a board drought can put one behind the 8 ball real quick. It’s telling (for me at least) that I’m seriously considering maxing Quintus just because he’s the only classic sorcerer which would make trials a lot easier. A 2/60 Quintus just isn’t enough firepower. Gill-Ra was a great benefit due to the plethora of things her ability brings, but it hurts being on a 3* body.

Alright. Full board, fire Kiril, Gill-Ra, then Quintus. Go!

…crap. Okay, time to nuke it from orbit.

Still took blowing mana pots to blow Quintus twice and some cleanup tiles, but I got it. Should’ve brought axes. I did carpet bomb the last time, I should mention.

3 Likes

In case anyone was wondering: Using both Proteus and Onatel will result in no mana gain for anyone as long as Proteus is active. So Onatel only steals mana that the enemy would actually gain, not potential mana. Still ok if they activate at the same time. Onatels effect lasts one turn longer, so if you activate them at the same time you get the nice 100% gain. If you wait a turn for Onatel the enemy will gain almost no mana for 5 turns.

3 Likes

Bombs, dragon attacks, cleanup.

2 Likes

I was optimistic I wouldn’t need them but I used all my arrows, axes, and bombs this time (didn’t take dragon attacks with me). Got Balthazaar down to about 7% and Ulmer to 25% before I panicked and let them all rip (Ulmer and Quintus both had attacks that were about to go off). My lineup:

1 Like

My Proteus-Hel-Onatel-Guinevere lineup was a mana overkill.

1 Like