[Jan 20, 2019] Trials of fortitude teams

I’m thinking maybe I should try bringing Brienne next time instead of Gadeirus. I still use her for the attack buff on 8* titans, so using her for this seems reasonable. That was my biggest challenge on the third stage; I couldn’t build up enough attack damage to take out Boril and Vivica without resorting to items.

Mixing her with spirit link from Kailani is smart, though I’m not sure who of Melendor, Rigard, Vivica, and Boril I’d want to drop for her. I think I just need to level Vivica more.

1 Like

That is a tough call.

I did have to use items, but that was expected. Time stops helped alot to shut down Boril and Horghall. Then the grind began of trying to make sure I hurt Vivica more than she healed… The only battle I’ve ever had that too longer was the Dark Lord… Was very underpowered… But pulled it off lol.

This was mine. Slight challenge but I don’t think it will be the hardest for me.

regrets feeding Brienne to Obakan :joy::sweat_smile:

Yes Kailani exists solely to protect Brienne, and Br is the damage dealer with Caed

1 Like

Mana control is a good solution to Vivica, so Time Stops were a smart choice. Even with Brienne around, you’d need a lot of tile cascades (and few inadvertent tile hits) to drain Vivica faster than she heals.

It’s a little debatable, though, whether using Time Stops or nuking with items is more crafting-efficient, depending on what you have in stock.

1 Like

You monster!

Every time Brienne comes up, I like to share this video from @ScndStar using her on a 12* titan:

Brienne is definitely not to be underestimated…

And I would keep an eye open when you’re sleeping, her twin may yet revenge your heartless feeding.

3 Likes

Time stops were the ones I had the most in stock. Over 100. Crafted a ton to deal with mother north at christmas and got through easier and used less than expected. That’s my reasoning in a nutshell.

I’ve been short on iron for crafting arrows etc as I’ve been throwing it all at levelling my TCs to 20. Will have 3rd one in about an hour… The last is at 16… Then I think I’m gonna do a crafting splurge to get back to normal levels.

So glad I’m a collector… I’ve kept at least 1 copy of every 3plus hero that I’ve recieved.

1 Like

Wonders how many times you were planning on killing Mother North. :thinking:

Given your ample stock, that was a good item selection then.

And this is a great reason not to have tried to craft bombs/dragon attacks/axes if you didn’t already have them in stock.

Hey, that’s exciting, congrats!

1 Like

Same here, and it’s not just us.

Going back to that thread. I think she’s tried to make peace with me. In early January I got onatel on a gold coin. Not Evelyn that I was looking for but she seems nice and isn’t even 2.60 yet.

1 Like

Nice pull!

Not to drag us off topic, but as a quick thought — I suspect she’ll be useful for the appropriate class trials, in addition to other uses on offense.

I was expecting to do more runs than the 2 it took… My roster depth is/was just starting to be useful as it were. Was still fighting to stay in Gold. Amazing what you can accomplish in a month…

I was motivated enough to have told myself I’m beating the event whether it takes 1 try or 100… I have issues with myself letting guaranteed rare ascention items go…

Very excited to have 3 TC20s spewing out heroes in a bit. Hopefully get the 4s and 5s I want now. :grin:

I appreciate the preparedness — and you’ll use the extra items eventually.

Congrats on all the progress, you’ve advanced a lot in the last couple of months!

And tc20 is a big milestone, of course. It may take a while, but it’ll eventually give you plenty of heroes to work on. I ran 3xtc20 for a while too when I first got there. Now I’m not running any because I have plenty to work on leveling for quite a while to come…

On a topic-related note, the tc20s will really help flesh out some of your holes in classes. There are plenty of great 4* to make use of, even without waiting on 5* showing up.

1 Like

No kidding… That’s amazing. Who’d have thought a 3* would be good on a Titan that big…

Great video. Thanks for posting it.

1 Like

There was a reason why I went back and levelled Brienne, who I didn’t get early on, even with a decent levelled roster of 4* and 5* heroes to work with. She really is that useful.

1 Like

Most definitely. I gotta say I’m really enjoying the class quests. Helped me focus, and while I still have the holes, it’s forcing me to be creative in my team set ups and/or use characters that were collecting dust and thought useless. I think they’ve done a great job on this update.

3 Likes

I like it a lot too. The variety of team building is a fun new challenge — and threads like this one demonstrate how much it’s making us all look at our rosters in new ways vs. the usual “best defense team” threads.

3 Likes

Yeah, I agree, she’s hugely helpful in general — and certainly makes sense for Fortitude. Though she’s obviously squishy as a 3*, she’s one of the best attack buffers in the game. Even Khiona as a HOTM didn’t get an all-allies version of her buff.

1 Like

Maybe these class quests will make Aegir look good :joy:

2 Likes