[Mar 13, 2019] Trials of Decimation Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Decimation!

NOTE: The Trial officially starts at 07:00 GMT. This post is scheduled to go live one hour earlier at 06:00 GMT.

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of the start time, force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

This thread is for sharing and discussing your teams and results. :slight_smile:

You may also be interested in these older threads from the first time Trials of Decimation occurred:

As well as this thread when Emblems were first offered in the Shop, using the “Decimate” combo of Classes:

Overview

• Trials of Decimation allows Fighters and Wizards

• The bosses are Balthazar, Elena, Oberon, and Ulmer

• Monsters are red/fire and purple/dark

Final Boss HP

Each boss in Stage 3 has 4051 HP.

This is one of the higher-HP sets of bosses (though not quite as high as Piety), but without a healer amongst them, carpet bombing/item nuking is very practical if needed.

Guides

@Mariamne’s excellent overview of the Trials of Decimation:

If you need it, @Mariamne’s full guide to the Trials and Hero Classes is here .

@madmarv has also created a video tutorial series for each Trial.

Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Decimation?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur
0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Decimation?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages
0 voters

Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• What items did you use, if any?

• There are more healers and mana controllers available amongst Fighters and Wizards than many of the other Classes — did you find that made it easier to make it through the bosses than some of the other Trials?

• There’s little debate about Proteus being awesome for this Trial, but there’s some debate about whether Proteus is a hairless cat. Thoughts? :face_with_monocle:

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• Anything else interesting to share?

2 Likes

In last Kash wast at 1^01 and no emblems on Isarnia and BT

4 Likes

This was my team last time:

The team I’m going to try this time:

I pulled Kiril during this last Atlantis, and while he’s not well leveled yet, his defense and hp both already exceed Gato’s, his attack isn’t far behind at 499 vs. 517, and he’ll add more opportunity for healing and attack buffing, plus the benefit of a defense buff.

So I think he’s worth swapping in.

This Trial was pretty easy and low-item for me last time thanks to Proteus. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m hoping with the addition of Kiril and Emblems on Boldtusk and Proteus it’ll be even more straightforward this time around.

3 Likes

My team last time was

Hu tao 3/60
Kiril 4/70
Onatel 4/80
Kashhrek 3/60
Colen 4/70 no emblems on anyone

This time

Misandra 4/44
Kiril 4/70
Onatel 4/80 +2
Bt 4/70 +5
Colen 4/70

Between onatel stealing and bt+ kiril buff the 3rd stage did not last long :wink:

1 Like

Might not get the 3rd one

2 Likes

That’s not a bad team, considering. But the lack of healing definitely won’t help.

If you can make it through the monsters to the bosses, and have your specials charged to use once (make sure to fire Ulmer first), you could definitely bomb your way to victory.

3 Likes

@Robkirky1
Try to bring health, mana, bear banners and dragons…

I bring this team.

First one was a joke, since all bosses died on tile dmg… Now I’m waiting for we.

Check your troops. CPU set up a 1* instead of my 4*…

3 Likes

:joy: thought of that, and might swap out Balthazar for Valin too and hppe for good board

3 Likes

DECIMATION

MEANS

REDUCE
BY
A
TENTH

And is a perfectly good punishment.

We don’t need journalistic hyperbole corrupting perfectly good words.

Thank you.
And enjoy the trial etc

2 Likes

Do you think Ulmer is s good teacher for percentage?

8 out of 10 won’t calculate right. That’s about 95 percent… :wink:

1 Like

20 tasty emblems

1 Like

Apparently I didn’t share my team the first time around again? Odd. I really thought i was? Maybe not i guess.
I used the same team this time around. Definitely much more leveled.

I already premarked that I’ll finish all 3 stages even though i only had the WE to finish the first so far. Debated using my 4/20 Magni, but i know I’ll want Kiril’s healing plus attack/defense buff for the last stage.
This is definitely one of my most powerful teams. I am VERY wizard heavy in my Roster. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I went inti the final battle having only used a minor mana potion and with the team fully charged. I unloaded bombs and dragon attacks and the team cleaned up.

1 Like

Im low with wizards and fighters, this time i used lot of bombs and dragon attacks.Usually i dont waste battle items for the final stage if my team power under 3100, but Bt need this emblems. :slight_smile:

Trials of decimation, tp 2896 - YouTube

1 Like

Three holy heroes against two dark jn the last stage. Guinevere and Onatel controlling mana and the mighty Proteus. Poor Oberon, Ulmer and Balthazar never had a chance to unleash their specials.

2 Likes

Old team: (Proteus was 3/60 at that time)

New Team:

Result:

I only use 4 healing potions, 2 bombs, and 2 dragon attack.

This is probably my easiest trials so far.

Next trials of decimation, I will bring mana potions for Proteus and try to do it without dragon attacks. Proteus is really helpful, I would be able to do it without dragon attacks if I had bring mana potions to keep him charged.

Waiting for Boldtusk and Proteus to reach level 70.

2 Likes

I have the same team as last time, just considerably more leveled:
Balthazar 3/50, Boldtusk 4/70+3, Ulmer 3/42, Rudolph 3/50, Valen 3/50.

First level was extremely easy. Second level I had rather poor boards going into the final stage. Needed several healing potions to get through. Oberon amusingly revived FOUR TIMES. Of course having one hit point, he wasn’t very dangerous at that point…

In about twenty minutes, I’ll have to decide whether to try level three. I would obviously have to go with dragon attacks and bombs along with healing poitions if I do.

The only real options I have to change up the team would be an unleveled Kashrekk or Gato 1/6, which don’t really seem like good ideas. Or I could sub out Ulmer for a second Balthazar at 3/32 or so…

EDIT: After a very successful first round of war, I decided to go for it. I used 10 mid-healings and 5 potent healings to get through the first four levels, arriving to the fifth stage with Balthazar, Ulmer, and Rudolph charged (used Valen to pick off the last bat in 4 and Boldtusk to keep everyone alive). Then specials and carpet bombing - five dragons and five bombs. I was able to take out the rest with tiles before any specials went off.

2 Likes

The team used is the same as the last time used.
Only added one emblem to Elena in between.

So far did the first 2 levels on auto farm without having to intervene.
I think I will magane the final battle without too many items being used but will bring them just to be sure.

Will update once I have had time and flags to do final level.

1 Like

I just switch my maxed BT for Isarnia at 4x70 this time.

Nothing to worry for me on this one as the last time. This trial is one of or the easiest for me.

1 Like