Translation from Forum for Small Giant

Hello Forum,

all memebers playing in other languages than English know the problem that the translations are often quite bad. Therefore I want to open a poll to see, if the Forum is willing to help. If the participation is high enough, SG maybe will open a new cathegory where we can correct the translations.

• YES! The Forum wants to help to translate the cards discriptions correctly!
  • NO! I don’t care about false translations

0 voters

4 Likes

@Rook is always willing to help

Thanks Celtibero, I absolutely agree. She really helps whenever she can but I don’t know which languages she speaks :wink:

1 Like

Use Google translate. I encourage you to do it in order to write in English :smile:

1 Like

If you consider the results “English”…

But seriously, the OP was talking about the in-game content, specifically cards. Clearly SGG does rely on non-native translators or software. For example, “Gobbler” got translated as Pavo in Spanish—turkey. Easy to see how a bad translator could make that error, but it’s completely not the right word.

SGG isn’t the only company with some translation failures, do you remember that Chevrolet decided to introduce its popular Nova in Mexico without changing names? Of course, “no va” in Spanish means “doesn’t go”. :joy:

2 Likes

Or Mistubishi. Did not change the name of their “Pajero” in spanish countries. Which means in vulgar speach “wanker”. LOL

Well. which languages do you speak? And I am sure that I am better than Google! Not a nice reply at all.

It would be fun to help :grinning:

2 Likes

Google translation is so bad.
Lets give an example.
In Arabic we have a wisdome says:
الصبر مفتاح الفرج
Which means :
Patience is the key to salvation
But Google translate it to :
Parience is the key of vgaina !
Cause Arabic has َ ُ ِ to give voices of A O E of each letter.
But Google can’t see the differences between them and only see the word الفَرَج as الفَرج
الفَرَج = Salvation
الفَرج = Vagaina
:rofl:

3 Likes

Especially for arabic SM really needs your help! That’s so embarrassing!! :scream:

2 Likes

That’s why it is called ‘Montero’ here in South America :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I would like to help with Spanish.

2 Likes

Thanks @dotcom. So we have so far, arabic (which is highly recommended!), Spanish and German. I guess even more with 15 voters :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Polish here. Hero cards are often wrongly translated plus there is a lot of mistakes in battle items descriptions.

2 Likes

Hey! Now we have 4 languages! Thanks mate! or shall I say Dziękuję?

1 Like

I’d like to help with Italian. Several specials are wrongly translated and are not comprehensible.

2 Likes

Hey thank you! now 5! Grazie!

Yup I’d love to help.
I really love this game and am going to do aby thing could makes it better.

1 Like

I can help for french, some french translations are horrific !

1 Like

Awesome suggestion @Sorsha! Sadly, unless you need something translated into an American Southern drawl, I am useless in this endeavor :tired_face:

(Gawwwblerrr - ‘Gobbler’ Translated!)

1 Like

I speak English, Bad English, “Southern”, and a smattering of “Anglo-Saxon Vernacular” (i.e. swearing).

For everything else, I struggle with Google Translate (please forgive me everyone!) :grin:

3 Likes