Pardon me if there are plenty of language mistakes in the text below… but honestly, I believe everyone deserves to know the truth about our training camps.
It was a bright, sunny morning in the Mighty Panda Castle. A young fledgeling was happily following a castle guide towards the main training camp.
– And who’s that tired girl? - he asked the guide while pointing at a person leaving the camp.
– If I remember correctly, that would be Aife. - answered the guide.
– Pardon if I’m rude, but why is she so… plump?
– Oh, she’s gone through the level one training.
– Aaaaand… how is that related? - young fledgeling kept pressing for the truth.
– Totally forgot you’re a newcomer. Naturally, she’s eaten the other four candidates.
– She’s the last one standing.
– Is the training always like that?!?
– Well, technically you aren’t forced to consume your opponents. You just need to win.
– And what happens to the other people?
– Naturally, they die. - the guide shrugged.
– Cannot they… I do not know… give up or something?
– Oh, they can.
– So why don’t they?
– Beast fodder.
– Or mobile archery targets.
– Is it always like that?
– We like it simple. It is a last man standing. Well, not always a man. Man, woman, sometimes lizard. You catch the drift.
– Aaand, why is that guy crying in the corner? - young fledgeling pointed at a sobbing creature sitting by the wall.
– Ah, he’s doing level twenty training.
– Is that way worse?
– Ninety-nine opponents.
– All gonna die?
– One will survive.
– But why? Why like this?!?
– Last man standing is really popular among the viewers lately. They call it battle royale or something. Youth trends are difficult to follow.
– Can I… can I give up?
And in they went. May the luck be with the young fledgeling.
If there is any other explanation of how the training camps work… feel free to share.