Training camp RNG poll: at what point does the RNG system decide which hero you will pull from a TC?

• As soon as you put the recruits into the TC
  • Once the training is completed
  • When you actually collect the hero(es)
  • It’s a secret, only the devs know

0 voters

I think evidence from beta suggests that it’s not until the hero is revealed.

This is because they get a duplicate account and can then get different heroes from training camps already in beta to those on their main account.

Can anyone currently in beta confirm?

@kerridoc?

I’ll also reiterate that when each beta period is closed, beta players do not get to keep any thing from that account apart from the happy memories.

2 Likes

My guess it’s when you collect trained hero. There’s a spinner running like it was waiting for server response.
And without any doubt, it must be done on the server side.

5 Likes

But you’re able to pull it even if you have lost connexion, even if the hero isnt finished before losing it :thinking:

2 Likes

I suspect it’s not until you actually collect the hero, but that’s just a guess on my part, since I have no knowledge of how the RNG system actually works. Just curious to see what others think, or if anyone has any direct knowledge on the matter.

I know some might ask, “why does it even matter?” Well for one, I’m just naturally curious. Two, I’m a bit superstitious, so if I seem to be having good or bad luck on a particular day, it might affect my decision whether or not to start training or collect heroes from a camp. It does seem like I tend to get duplicates when I do multiple summons and TC collections in a row, and some players have suggested that you have better odds if you collect or summon multiple heroes in bulk vs. one at a time. Any info on how the game’s RNG is calculated might help improve my odds of pulling better heroes.

1 Like

Based on my experience, the RNG determination of what hero you get happens when you click on the hero icon to collect it. I had a hero ready to pull from TC20 when I imported my account data to the beta server. In beta, I pulled Joon. In production, I pulled Renfeld.

My guess is that on a 10x or 30x, there is a full transfer of all the heroes you’ll get in one data burst, rather than 10 or 30 separate calls.

3 Likes

[sarcasm] Immediately after the server polls my roster and examines my recent hero-leveling history to determine which potentially useful heroes to remove from the pool of possibilities. [/sarcasm]

1 Like

Camps- RNG roll

This is true of camps.

Server ping

For 1* / 2* heroes it is probably just a server ping or game file hash

1 Like