Trainer Heroes in Event Portals -- Thoughts and Discussions

Gives 4 * trainer hero from summon in Villains event. You must be crazy, spend 300 diamonds and buy a trainer hero …

spend 300 diamonds and a trainer hero!.. no comment…

3 Likes

When most of your pulls become food then may as well get good food.

12 Likes

Except I rather get a trainer hero than another dawa, at least the trainer will be 3x the experience

15 Likes

It is much better than Dawa

I prefer to replace all of 3* S1 heros to trainer heros in summon.

13 Likes

I like the change of getting trainer heroes instead of Season 1 heroes.
Everything which is non event hero or less than 5 star is used to leveling my other heroes so it is a good change for me as I can do it faster.

About the concerns of new player:

• If they do not want to get trainer hero, then there is at least 4 other portals per month where they can acquire season 1 three and four star heroes (Valhalla, Atlantis, Ninja tower or Legends portal) including costume portal where Season 1 hero is guaranteed.
  • These season 1 three or four star heroes can be received as guaranteed with TC 12, 13, and 20
8 Likes

I’m totally a fan of those trainer heroes, I’m not even playing one year but I would take a 3* trainer hero EVERY Time before a 3* fodder

Yes, for costume chamber it would be really really bad, but event summons do have bad summoning stats anyway, so the 10% chance for a trainer hero is very welcome (at least for me)

6 Likes

At 2am (et), a highly pungent stench crossed my nose. Unaware of it’s origin, I proceeded to the hero portals to test my luck for a Wonderland 5*, and that’s when I was Smacked. The foul odor was coming from the new Villain Portal. I never thought I would dread having to look at such cheese and ugly wanna be heroes with useless skills. But the worst part was the stench from the unimaginable audacity SG had to mix in Trainer Heroes as a prize catch. Really, Really! Who’s going into battle with a Trainer Hero. Who tells their teammates “Guess what I just got, a Trainer Hero yay me”. Absolutely no one. Shame on you! Period, End of Money Transactions.

5 Likes

I honestly don’t find the new heroes having giant stats / helping that much.

Not to mention that you can pay 300 gems to get a…trainer? A trainer which you can get for free in Hero Academy? Disgusting :nauseated_face:

6 Likes

Scroll up and read my comment about the portal because I had to say something about that nonsense. SG has truly lost their minds.

2 Likes

Ooops… Guilty.

4 Likes

Nice but that’s defense, your not fighting with that team, lol.

3 Likes

I believe bunch of players asked for them - instead of familiar faces of Dawa, Bane and others. So it was actually “our” request from them. Not exactly fair to put them down for implementing it. :joy:

8 Likes

The thing is, no matter what is done, people will always whine. It’s a win to me. 3* and 4* classic heroes are not that rare to be missing them. Either you’re new or experimented player.

8 Likes

Sure, you can get trainer heroes for free in HA (well, for a considerable cost in ham and recruits at least). But you can get standard rares and occasional epics in TC13, which anyone of a level to compete in this event is bound to have. I welcome the change, personally. They’re mixed in rather than replacing all s1 fillers so I really don’t see the problem unless you’re still lacking any vanilla 3 or 4* - and if you are, there are a lot of other summoning options. Every other portal in the game, in fact.

Anyway… where was I… hadn’t even played any of the event at the point where I used 10 challenge coins I had lying around, and got Edd. Quite pleased about this. Debating whether to do a coin pull later on but more likely to just use any challenge coins I earn/find along the way. I’m up to my neck in unlevelled greens anyway, but no further than my ankles in tonics; if Toxicandra did turn up (and inevitably go straight to the front of the queue) Frigg would give me one of Those Looks, and I would wither away.

6 Likes

So I did my coin pulls this morning, and aside from the usual S1 3s, I got a 4 trainer hero and to be honest it p****d me off. After that I put the game down for a bit and thought about it. I knew the trainer heroes were going to be included, and I already knew the portal summons odds suck worse than a post-Taco Bell bathroom trip, so why did I get so irritated over it?

Then I realized, it wasn’t the hero itself, it was the fact that the game had removed my ability to choose a path for a hero that I pulled. With every summons I have chosen to do (because let’s be honest, I can also choose not to summon) in the past, I had a choice to make. I chose to feed every Dawa until her costume was released; then I chose to max one. When I pull a 4*, I choose whether that hero will be useful and begin to level or feed it away. I keep all the 5*s, but once HA is at L10, I will have more choices to make.

Getting a trainer hero removes some of that element of choice. Sure, I can keep it, but for what? I’m not going to use it in any playable facet of the game, I don’t get to level it to see how it’ll do with other heroes. The choices, by default of the hero, are food now or food later. Heck, might as well have added crates of ham to the summons for all the good it’ll do me.

Now I do realize that those trainers are useful and can be even more so for beginning players. But I don’t like have the ability to select a path based on something I purchased (one way or the other) taken away.

On the plus side, I am having fun with the event so far.

5 Likes

What is a win for someone, it is a loss for someone else.
Fact is, you can replace trainer heroes with normal heroes.
Taking more time, but still reach the same point. You don’t necessary need them, so to say.

But you can’t have the other way around.
You can’t have, say, Tiburtus skill with a trainer.
You only get more exp.
As such, for many people this is not an upgrade, but rather a downgrade.

If some people clearly benefit from it but many others actually lose from it, i can’t considering it something overall positive.

2 Likes

Where does this come from? When SG decided to increase emblems to gain and decrease cost of adding them on heroes, who lost?

If draining classic heroes odds in event portals is such a lost, let’s start to ask to give them more in Atlantis and Valhalla too then. Because we NEED THEM a lotttt.

2 Likes

Never saying every single thing IS a loss for someone.
But that every single thing COULD be a loss for someone.
And after that i explained why here it is the second.

If you don’t care about anything else then yourself and what is good only for you, i can’t help you with that and you can skip all my posts.

3 Likes