Trainer Heroes in Event Portals -- Thoughts and Discussions

So they don’t just spit out 1* trainers then? That’s good to know. Because I believe I could get more XP leveling value putting 30 recruits into HA1 or TC19 probably, vs. what I get from a single 1* trainer hero. I could be wrong. I haven’t compiled all the spreadsheets and such just yet.

I definitely prefer a 3* trainer hero over a 3* vanilla hero. The trainers are worth far more in terms of leveling value.

Really at this point, 3* vanilla heroes are almost completely useless for veteran players.

1 Like

No, I’ve gotten the odd 3* and 4* trainer. I don’t know if someone has compiled a list, but I’m sure there’s a expected trainer spreadsheet floating around. Obviously, I mainly get 1 and 2 star trainers.

2 Likes

I done some stockpiling for a month and yes I did get atleast 2 4* a few 3* not sure how may and a few 1*,2*…i used up the whole lot this month along with the tc 11 x4camps stockpiling and I managed to fully accend 2x4* hero’s 1x3* hero the mole guy from the new event and 2x5* hero’s, Goh… It was so worth the pain of grinding and stockpiling sacrifice for a month:)

That’s kinda cool then. I wish someone had a list of the odds for comparison. Because I know I can put 30 recruits into HA1 for 30 1* feeders, and I’m fairly certain that 30 1* feeders will give more XP than a single 1* trainer hero.

But if there is a decent enough chance to pull a 3* or 4* trainer? Those are worth a considerable amount of leveling XP for sure.

2 Likes

https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/hero-academy-7/207543/3?u=kilted

1 Like

Ah, thank you! That is helpful.

From the looks of it, I’m probably better off putting my recruits elsewhere.

Yeah it’s a bit hit or miss really. I use it only when I have a 5star at 4/60 and above.

I think that’s the other consideration. Food costs go up significantly when you’re completing a 5* hero, so it might be more food efficient to use the recruits to generate trainers, for that specific application. Not so much when dealing with 3 or 4 star heroes or costumes.

Like everything, nothing is black and white.

1 Like

I’m a mid game player. I have a team at over 4000thp but not that long ago every 3* hero I got counted! If you would of given me a trainer hero instead of a 3* it would of completely sucked and further diluted the pool of actual hero’s I could use to begin my journey in the game. To say that trainer hero’s is for noobs or that it somehow is not a big deal is totally illusionary and false. You get trainers in quests and can build them in hero academy but new players don’t have the options like older players have. I personally don’t want to spend my money on trainer hero’s period! If your wallets are that deep then there is a ultimate trainer deal every event ! But new players need hero’s period ,something they can level up and use other than 1 and 2* hero’s. When you first start every three star is more advantageous than a trainer you can’t level up and use

Apart from new events i am at the point that all 3 stars and almost all 4 stars are just food. So for me, given that the odds for 5 stars are not worse then trainer heroes are better than lesser food. I know we are all at different points in the game though.

So a few things.

1. I remember 3* heroes being a luxury and that was probably within my first 6 months or so. But, if I’m really hard pressed for war depth, a 3* trainer can be used temporarily until you’ve gotten other heroes to train.
  2. I don’t remember how long it took, but getting to TC 12/13 was my initial goal and that will generate 3* heroes every 2 days (maybe a 4* if lucky). That’s pretty early in the game IIRC (maybe within 2 months?). So it’s not like there aren’t opportunities to expand your roster from other means.
  3. HA is an end-game building. Unless you have a VIP pass and have 2 builders, it’ll take at least 2 years to build. So at that point, there’s a good chance you have no use for S1 3/4 star heroes, at which point trainers are preferred.
  4. We’re talking about event portals… unless you’re spending money for extra coins, you’re getting a handful of free summons a month. And really, people aren’t going in hoping to get that extra S1 3* hero. All to say that these shouldn’t be your main source of S1 3* heroes. Your training camps are.
4 Likes

No, my point being I’d rather get neither.

I think everyone can agree with that, but it’s a question of what is least worst.

1 Like

Ok, so you’re happier with just the rubbish?

Actually a lot of people, myself included, requested that ToL not give any s1, but instead trainers. Since there’s no HotM 3 or 4s, it would have made the portal less sucky. They, of course, didn’t listen.

But it’s one reason that ToL is still considered the worst portal, even though it technically has the best odds for pulling a random 5*.

I’m not a whale either and have had really bad luck with pulls for a year now, but I still have use for trainers to feed heroes. And I’d much rather use a 3* trainer than a Dawa.

1 Like

Two things:

1. What some people are saying is that they don’t want a whole bunch of 3* & 4* heros cluttering up their roster.

When the chance of getting these trainers is 8.8% for a 3* and .6% for a 4*, no one will have trainers cluttering up their rosters. You’ll only have 1 or 2 of them at a time.

1. What level HA will I get trainers? And where do I find the list of which levels of HA provide what?
1 Like

You need level 7.
Link to the wiki for the Hero Academy. Hero Academy | Empires and Puzzles Wiki | Fandom

1 Like

I’m almost a whale at this point so it doesn’t matter to me and I would prefer trainer heroes in the portal. But as someone why has played this game for so long, I know what heroes I should be training and what heroes to avoid.
Even If I were to start over again, I would rather get 10 trainer heroes from my 10 pulls to train important heroes of quality than to get 10 crappy 3 stars from the pull. And besides I don’t think anybody is going to be excited to get a S1 3 star at this point in time.

If you didn’t have said hero’s "worth ascending " who would you use those trainers on? And my guess and known fact is people just starting this game think any three star is worth getting excited over! And as a whale I don’t think your qualifications to comment are founded on the norm of players nor are you just beginning this journey. I think you’ve forgotten when you first started but then again you probably just threw money at the portals so you didn’t have to grind like the rest of us. But I can remember having to level 2* hero’s until I could pull three star hero’s so any three was better than the two stars I had!!!

I didn’t start as a whale. I started as c2p with crap heroes. And even then I just knew never to use those 3*s because I knew then they just couldn’t cut it in the long run.
My experience would tell me to hold on to better heroes. Never trained dawa my entire e&p career, never will, even if I start a new game

The important point is that you now state your opinion on this subject as a whale. Not as a c2p.

Money hinder creativity and judgment. S1 3* can be pretty important for a rare tournament or for a rare challenge event. Such as lowly Karil for example from whom I recently saw three copies in several very high-ranked teams on rare Wonderland challenge.

In addition, 3* heroes can help extremely well in the starting development of a f2p or c2p. I completed all of S1 with teams consisting almost entirely of 3* and a couple 3/60 4*. I also completed my first rare quests with such teams. So I’m speaking from personal experience here, not just empty words.

Costume Dawa is pretty good versus mid-level purple titans and in rare quests such as Morlovia. Or versus purple-heavy teams in a rare tournament.