Trading won't make the game better

So let me get this straight.

You’re aware That some players spend thousands of dollars to get a certain hero

but to you they’re not Spending money to get that hero, even if the only singular reason they are summoning is for the hotm…or any other event hero for that matter.

That still is considered a bonus chance to you?

If you click to summon at a particular portal, going after a particular hero, you’re summoning for that hero

you’re putting in money to get the hero you’re trying to summon for.

1 Like

Then they don’t sell! Hey if someone wants to hang onto 2-3 Telluria that’s their prerogative!

Buyers then gotta choose - do I wait for a Telly to come around, or do I purchase an available hero with my once a year shot.

I think it’s a fantastic system!!

That sellers can list two heroes a year but buyers can only nab one a year should provide some benefit in supply-demand realm.

People (like me) got Telluria for nothing. I do spend money in this game but each of my 3 Telluria came from a free summon.

So just because someone had no self control and threw thousands at the game to try and get a free bonus hero isn’t my fault.

But this is a dead discussion. So I have no real inclination to continue it.

When you put it like this you make me realize i am responding to a madman and would be better off having a political conversation with my poodle.

“Heya puppy what you think of the RNC?”

(I asked him for real. His response was to roll his eyes a bit and his tail curled a wee bit )

1 Like

Yes you can, make the sales anonymous, as recommended above if someone chose to put the hero on the market.

The market can fluctuate, but have a hard cap on prices for hotm, event, valahalla/Atlantis and seasonal Based on their odds of acquisition.

If someone sells to their guild a mates for more, because they just want to help out their guild mate with a regular trade I’m good with that.

If you’re worried about players getting ripped off…then just make a private market(trading) option. So it’s not I’ll trade it to you in game and then you pay pal me. Instead it’s a person to person private trade, that still goes through the markets the exchange happens all at once.

The important point I’d like to make about this post is: there are lots and lots and lots of options.

I’m going to go do something else, cya !! :stuck_out_tongue:

This will never happen and rightly so. It would be exploited easily and also it would absolutely blow up the hero market in the game.

How about allowing players to “sell” 4 and 5 star heroes back to SG for something decent? No spending a year trying to build HA then waiting weeks for the possibility of a new hero, when in reality you’ll get a useful hero 1-2 per year.

Something like this…

Sell 5* hero, get 1 random unfarmable 4* mat
Sell 4* hero, get 15 random emblems

Or something of value like that.

That is simple, easy and available for everyone. It would allow people to clear out the dead weight on their teams. It would take some of the pain away from duplicate summons and TC20. Plus, I actually think it would increase purchases for summons as at least people would feel less burned paying for a bunch of feeders.

2 Likes

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, trading would probably be an awful idea in this game.

Not because I wouldn’t love to be able to trade. I definitely would! I have 20 or so trap tools that I don’t need, someone else needs trap tools and has extra compasses or sturdy shields lying around… or I have extra Richards and someone else has 2 Thornes… hey, let’s swap, everyone is happy, right?

And no, also not because it would hurt SG’s financial bottom line (though it would).

The reason I think it would be an awful idea is because it would encourage black market / third party selling… which leads to all sorts of bad stuff. Chat / forums being filled with spam. People getting ripped off, having their credit card numbers stolen, accounts hacked, people selling Tellurias for $5000 in Craiglist, etc. All kinds of really bad :poop:.

Seriously. Anyone who has ever spent any amount of time playing MMOs have probably heard of “gold sellers”. They are absolutely everywhere, and they completely ruin the game for everyone else. Doesn’t matter how many times you report them, they keep coming back. Give people the option to “trade” items, someone will inevitably attempt to monetize it for their own personal benefit. Even though it’s “against the rules”. It will happen. On a regular basis. Guaranteed.

1 Like

There should be some kind of auction system. Not direct item exchange

Actually not true at all. The places I’ve seen it done well the devs, not the players, predetermine a cost of a hero based on skill level, xp level, and talent grid. Only heroes or mats of equal or close to equal value will work.

How do you make a trading post worth it?

1. Only similar grade heroes, mats, items can be traded, and for a cost. A)cost to list B) cost to complete trade.
    It can be easy like hero 1 and 2 cost A, Player1 is looking for hero 1 and has hero 2 to offer in exchange. Player 1 posts hero 2 to trade post. Player 2 has hero 1, 500gems for exchange fee. Player 1 accepts offer. 2 players benefit and get wanted hero or needed item, SG makes money from the exchange fee.
1 Like

This is why it would all be done in game within game currency, with exact parameters

2 Likes

Identifying the problem is half the solution.

And what stops a black marketer from buying all tellies on the market using different accounts? I don’t wanna go into detail as I don’t wanna get banned for mentioning something that I don’t do myself. But there are people who already profit off of this game.

Still exploitable. What stops someone from creating new accounts and get a Finley with its gems that can be easily obtained through missions early on. And then just keep that account in the alliance for month? Its really not that long for this game. And making the requirement longer would hurt a lot of people as people leave their alliances for PoV and whatnot.

Although I do get frustration coming from random summons, I’m not a fan of the “trading” idea too.
It comes from the person who got 4 legendary heroes during Valhala: 2nd Fenrir and 1st, 2nd and 3rd Zocc.
Did I want it? No. Would I like those dupes to be some other legendary hero? Yes. But it didn’t happen. What will I do? Keep the dupes for a while, and see if I’m going to max them sometimes in the future. One they I’ll have Hero academy, so I’ll keep 2-3 dupes to have that thing running. The rest of them? Food. That’s what they are. Food. Just like any other unwanted 3* or 4* hero.
The fact that we got 5* that we don’t want does not mean that we’re entitled for another 5* hero off the shelf. It was just one summon, like any other. Rare event, yes. But it could easily be 3* hero instead, so you wouldn’t feel like you “wasted your luck” on a trashy legendary hero.

Team, just a reminder that trading has been explicitly ruled out and so it’s really not worth getting too emotional about, either way :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

See? :arrow_up: Even SG agrees with me that it’s a bad idea.

Wait. No, that can’t be right.

Jonah, help? Why are SG and I on the same page here? Which one of us are wrong? Certainly one of us has to switch sides in this debate.

1 Like

Hmm, well spotted.

Ok, I’ve discussed it with the management team.

They’ve agreed to disagree and will now support trading.

But they want you to make a concession on the only other thing that you and SG agree on, which means you have to agree that drinking apple juice after brushing your teeth is delicious…

:grin::green_apple::tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

EDIT: never mind, reread it. Sold! I personally happen to enjoy a bit of mint flavored apple juice. :laughing:

1 Like

Personally I think trading should be restricted between guild members only. Because we know our own guild members the best and it’s more contained and of good will. Members cannot trade so that players don’t exploit this system by guild hopping to trade. It starts with elders who can trade with other elders. Co leaders can trade with other co leaders and elders. And leaders with co leaders/elders

Actually, you can only invite a maximum of 20 people while still get the bonus gems and VIP passes. After 20 you can still invite more people but neither you nor the other players will get the bonus anymore.

1 Like