Tourneys are a joke

Well I did the exact same thing in all the three star tourneys ( just unleveled 3* heroes I pulled not training heroes)… same results. Actually a lot more top 5% even. It was sarcasm not bragging. It isn’t luck and it isn’t skill… it’s paying 75 gems and understanding it doesn’t matter what team you field so why would you level and emblem any character for tourneys?

In all honesty I actually forget we even have the tourney going on once I’ve got my 4 strikes. I’m usually caught by surprise when I get my rewards!

4 Likes

No…
The point is:
You play well… you earn a decent loot tier.

I’ve finished top 1% and top 5% many times, and I don’t pay any gems to continue.

And I’ve not got a pay to win inventory. It’s extremely modest.

There’s also many times I draw four strikes. And when I do, I consider my tournament over.

No one twists my arm into kicking in gems that I don’t wish to spend. If others have no restraint, I guess that’s what makes Small Giant the $600 million that they make…

Same here, although now reading this I think I get my rewards in 2 hours, so yay!

1 Like

And maybe get some better loot, maybe not.

You can get crummy loot in the top 1%, as my own track record shows. I’m certainly glad I wasn’t paying for continues :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t think the tournaments were ever designed such that the best team or strongest player gets the best loot. They were intended as an alternate means to distribute loot to players other than those who always finish top in the challenge events. You are supposed to be facing similarly-strengthed teams to your defense. If you do well, you score high. If you don’t you won’t. It doesn’t matter if your teams are fully emblemed or 1-1. You get better or worse loot than the teams you fought.

Sure you can pay the 75 gems to continue, and you can continue to win and lose. Or you can not pay. Same as everywhere else in the game. It’s better to pay 75 gems to continue if you want than to pay 75 gems to enter.

The system is not perfected by a long shot, but as far as I can tell it is designed to allow a weaker player to score higher if he does better.

Using unemblemed unleleved heroes is fine but you are paired based on your strongest available. If those are your strongest, then go for it. No problem, no need to level. If not, you will be facing tougher opponents.

This has been discussed already in other threads. If you can’t be bothered reading the threads …

1 Like
  1. Do not instruct the moderators how to do our jobs, unless your name is @Petri
  2. Since you don’t want this merged, I will close it as duplicative of the existing thread: 🏅 [Sep 8, 2019] 21st Raid Tournament! — 2* Rush Attack, All Elements
7 Likes