Tournaments for 2* and 1* - STAFF RESPONSE: 1* and 2* tournaments will be removed

Whilst I disagree with the decision to remove 2* tournaments I want to first extend a big thank you on behalf of the community for taking the time to discuss the issue with the community and articulate the thought process going on amongst the team. Long may it continue.

Now I’m just going to recuse myself from the inevitable Remove Field Aid Poll and other polls to have other features removed that I expect this precedent will inevitably trigger, a couple weeks away from the forum might be for the best any how…

12 Likes

Thank you and thanks to the SG staff for doing your best to make a hard decision.

13 Likes

YAY!! Thank you for this :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Does that include the scheduled December 1* tourney?

1 Like

Probably, since…

That is very annoying.

You could at least have run one 1* tournament before canning them. They make a nice break from the normal tournaments. Variety is the spice of life.

Will you at least be compensating somehow people who spent heroes and emblems preparing for these?

It’ll take 35 gems to get the emblems off my tournament 1* and 2* heroes, and even then I’ll lose 5% of the emblems I used. Not counting all their siblings that they had for breakfast, lunch and tea.

8 Likes

I hardly understand your organisation, sorry.

I don’t criticize your decision (even though i don’t really like it) because it was based on community feedback.
Small numbers of course, but that’s what you have to work on.

What i don’t really get (again) is the timing.

I mean, it’s several months that we have raid tournament, and several months the rules stated that 1* and 2* are part of it.

Now that finally it was announced to have one of them… you ask if we really want it.
Like… good morning?

Until now what you exactly have done?

@Alberto1 was right.
It was already asked in beta, and the result was pretty similar.

What’s changed?
Why now?

6 Likes

What an amount of roster space on my alt after cleanup: 57/110 used…

Please make an in-game announcement that 1* and 2* tournaments have been cancelled.

Some people don’t read this forum but do read the in-game rules. The rules state that tournament rarities include 2* and 1*. Moreover we already had a 2* tournament.

So there are people who have 2* trained heroes and 1* trained heroes who will never know that those tournaments are cancelled. Make the in-game announcement so they can get rid of those heroes.

Also update the rules please.

19 Likes

I think @mhalttu and the SG staff should be commended for this. I often give them a hard time, but here they listened to feedback and made the best decision for the community as a whole. It was no doubt a difficult one to make. I get that there are people upset, and I sympathize with them too. There was simply no way to please everyone.

26 Likes

Thank you SG for listening to the MAJORITY of the community!!

8 Likes

Good job. It takes guts to admit that the 1 and 2 star tournaments were a mistake, especially after announcing that there would be one this month.

Ultimately it is the correct decision and the timing would always have been bad.

I fully support this decision and encourage everyone to look at the big picture and not just theor personal losses. This is better for everyone.

14 Likes

Finally! Adding them in the first place was a mistake, not removing them would be another one.

3 Likes

Nope, it was confirmed: “We’ll actually have a tournament with 1-star heroes later this month.”

4 Likes

I second an in-game notification in the Inbox
& why not give an emblem reset token with the notification? That will soften the blow of moving the emblems around.

4 Likes

Awful news for me, as the owner of teams of heroes 1 * and 2 * with emblems installed, especially after the announcement of the tournament for 1 * heroes at the end of December.

3 Likes

Exactly.

I also am a bit annoyed, as i spent gems and resources to have at least 3 of every color of those heroes, so i bought the space

Nothing major. Maybe i will re-use the space at some point, and the heroes was kind of annoying to take their special to 8 but nothing expecially expensive.

But boys, you just need to clean your minds and let us know earlier next time.

6 Likes

Stop complaining.

Be glad for knowing the fact!

The reset of emblems isn’t such a big thing to whine about.

Think of all the others who haven’t got the time or opportunity to read in the forum. Please Stop it!

2 Likes

Great!
1* and 2* (“food fight”) tournaments are more RNG than skill based (who gets more lucky with the boards).
When 1* tournament was announced, I quickly leveled eight 1* heroes (took less than an hour running 3 TC19), and was very happy to feed them away as soon as I read that the tournament was canceled and make free space in my roster.

2 Likes

Thanks God they were removed!!! Wooo :kiss:

1 Like