Tournaments for 2* and 1* - STAFF RESPONSE: 1* and 2* tournaments will be removed

Hi @mhalttu, this may be considered moot, but in hindsight, another way of solving this dilemma could have been to add a Withdraw/Unjoin button before tournament starts (Uncheck button similar to Alliance Wars).

Alternatively, a Warning/Info box that asks “This tournament uses 1*/2* heroes, do you want to continue?” before clicking join.

The majority of the uproar by players of the last 2* tournament was getting their feeders locked up for a week, had limited roster, and may have found joining the tournament not worth their time.

If this Withdraw feature was included (which I suggested in here, and many have voted and expressed their support), then there would be less people who would get upset on these tournaments.

This would have appeased the players who realized they don’t want to join the tournament (after clicking join) for whatever reason; and the players who would really be into these tournaments.

This could have avoided the uproar of the players who prepared for these anticipated tournaments but was ultimately cancelled.

While I supported the cancellation, I think it was still fair to those who wanted the tournament. It was a polarizing tournament, one side have voiced their strong dislike (of the current format) and the other side their strong interest in it.

I think 2* and 1* tournaments are unique, and there should be special considerations to them should it have continued. There could be a middle ground to it if more time was given to suggestions from the community.

Anyway, maybe it’s too late since players have reset their emblems and fed their heroes. But hope this can also be considered for future game improvements and features.

1 Like