Tournament - Number of particpating players VS ranking

We can elaborate many theories arround this situation. It would be great if you could notify the staff so they can give us a clear explanation.

It would be very much appreciated :blush:

1 Like

Next tournament I will experiment with my level 14 account, putting very weak defense, use 1 attack and flee at the 1st round. If I can get E defense for 5 days that should put me at the bottom most rank.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Master] Wrong raid tournament loot

Hello @yelnats_24, how is going the experiment on your alt account?

I forget that I was supposed to get 0 in attack…

Screenshot_20201208-232557

Still it is a very low score so I should be near the bottom…

1 Like

No problem @yelnats_24, it is already really great that you’re doing the experiment.
Thanks a lot anyway :smiley:

1 Like

I like this better than 0, as the 0 score might include all players, not just those registered for the tournament. The number of people that would be lower than this without trying (or not logging on for five days) would have to be extremely low.

Another theory is, that 2,1 M players opted in the tournament, but only 1,4 M played at least one fight. That would mean that 1/3 don’t play, seems unrealistic… Maybe the ranking counts after 5 fights or when you reached a certain amount of points.

This is the current rank:

Probable

I will test 0 flag next.

But what if they skipped all their flags on day 1, but used a flag on a subsequent day? There is nothing preventing that.

Also, even if 0 flags are used throughout the tournament… they still get a minimum number of poins each day, so technically they should be part of the pool of players used to calculate rankings

Oh, i thougt I read all posts.
Anyway, your experiment seems to confirm the theory.

You’re all right. If 2.1M partcipated this tournament, then I should have been on Top 10% with my ranking.

What was your ranking?

Top 25%

As such, I received a practice sword :grinning:

1 Like

Here is the final result:
Point from attack: 174
Point from defense: 5× grade E = 1000

This is only 174 points above the minimum points.

Again, many thanks for the experiment @yelnats_24.

Being ranked 1.3kk with so few points seems to confirm players base is about 1.5kk. I have hard time to believe that 700k players would have even a lower score than that.

From my perspective, you should not bover doing another experiment, it will not give a clear answer to the question and SG does not even care to answer. They are too much busy finding new ways to milk the cash cow…

Sorry, I know it is not the place to complain but the 4th season heroes, no AMA, no solution to duplicate heroes, goblin balloon, etc… the cup is full, I’m tired by the way SG manage the game and their lack of respect for the players community…

2 Likes

There are no 2 million players, just fluctuating between 1.4-1.7 million depending on the stars.

5 Likes

Again, and again, thanks for this @yelnats_24.
It is very much appreciated!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.