Top 5 Tanks in each color - POLLS

Hello everybody, I am wondering what the community thinks about the most common tanks.
I want to build a ranking for the best tanks in each color, so for each color I am building a poll with multiple answers.

Put in each color the tanks you consider in the top 3. You can put up to 5 answers in case you think there are ties (example: you rate Telluria top 1, heimdall 2, then C-Kadilen, Yunan and Kingston equal at position 3), but you must put at least 3 answers.

After a few days, I will create specific polls for the best tanks selected such as to create a 1-10 rating, so we can get more specific grades as tanks, so this first poll will be to select the candidates according to the general opinion. Please help with this idea by submitting your votes!!

Best red Tanks (minimum 3 votes, maximum 5)
  • Anzogh
  • Ares
  • Black Knights
  • Elena
  • Elena Costume (or bonus)
  • Gravemaker
  • Grazul
  • Jean-Francois
  • Mitsuko
  • Queen of Hearts
  • Santa
  • Zimkitha

0 voters

Best Blue Tanks (minimum 3 votes, maximum 5)
  • Aegir
  • Ariel
  • Cobalt
  • Frida
  • King Arthur
  • Magni
  • Magni costume (or bonus)
  • Miki
  • Raffaelle
  • Richard
  • Richard costume (or bonus)
  • Skadi
  • Thorne
  • Vela

0 voters

Best Green Tanks (minimum 3 votes, maximum 5)
  • Atomos
  • Elkanen
  • Elkanen costume (or bonus)
  • Frigga
  • Heimdall
  • Horghall
  • Horghall costume (or bonus)
  • Jade
  • Kadilen
  • Kadilen Costume (or bonus)
  • Kingston
  • Lady of the Lake
  • Mother North
  • Telluria
  • Yunan
  • Zeline

0 voters

Best Purple Tanks (minimum 3 votes, maximum 5)
  • Alfrike
  • Bera
  • Boss Wolf
  • Clarissa
  • Freya
  • Grimble
  • Hel
  • Jabberwock
  • Kageburado
  • Khiona
  • Killhare
  • Kunchen
  • Onyx
  • Quintus
  • Quintus Costume (or bonus)
  • Ursena
  • Zulag

0 voters

Best Yellow Tanks (minimum 3 votes, maximum 5)
  • Delilah
  • Drake Fong
  • Guardian Gazelle
  • Guinevere
  • Justice
  • Mica
  • Neith
  • Norns
  • Onatel
  • Rana
  • Sif
  • Sir Roostley
  • Vivica
  • Vivica Costume (or bonus)

0 voters

8 Likes

Not surprised on the leaders currently.

Except blue I guess, I would’ve thought Aegir would be outvoting everyone but I can see the argument for cRichard.

3 Likes

This is going to be a really interesting poll I think due to asking for been 3 and 5 we will get a nice distribution of answers.

As Costume versions include “or bonus” I assume that means this option also covers say normal Richard plus bonus, thus they should always be better than the original version due to stat boost so I’ve personally ignored the normal versions in my answers for his reason

2 Likes

You are right @Dannyoh31 , I just wanted to put it such as to allow if someone want to put the non costumed version (actually thinking at Richard because blue is light on good tanks in my opinion).
After getting good distributions I will select the highest values to do a numeric pull of rating between 1-10, and that will be even more useful for decision making (alliances picking tanks).
Thanks for voting!

1 Like

I agree @DaveCozy . I am actually looking at red and blue as they may surprise a bit. Once I do the rating polls for the best tanks we will get an even better picture at what the community thinks!

1 Like

It’ll be a close race

Good idea with this topic ^^

1 Like

I’d be interested to see where Brynhild would rank if she were an option on the green list.

1 Like

Hmm… :thinking:

Community voting is good to get an average maybe, but I think the best tool an alliance has when it comes to picking tanks is tracking how their defense does.

Nothing is better than good data collection IMO – specially because each player is at different points of the game and that definitely has an effect on how good certain tanks are.

Aegir being a prime example – he’s no problem if you have dispellers and defense droppers, but in mid-level wars these are limited resources and thus he can perform much better for those.

4 Likes

I Actually agree @DaveCozy but sometimes because of matchmaking being one-sided a lot of data is needed and hard to get all of it. I think at the end of this it will be a useful tool to select which setups to try, maybe not for the top alliances but for all the others it should.
Say Telluria ends with 9.5/10, Heim 7.5/10, and Yunan 7/10
Ursena 8.5/10 kunchen 8/10.
Alliance has 10 tellu, 10 heim 10 yunan or 15 ursena 15 kunchen. Maybe they can switch to purple and try it at least?
It should make people at least think a bit about change!

1 Like

For wars it’s not just about the tank. The flanks are equally as important as ultimately it’s the Tanks job to keep alive to fire.

What you flank them with can make a huge difference to the overall quality of the Tank.

So I found it hard to give a proper vote to some tanks tbh.

You can say that for every defense team though. All tanks are supposed to be is hurting the other team as much as possible while you bide time for your flanks to bounce. A tank shouldn’t be wiping out the entire team (unless you are Alfrike in rush attack). It would be great if they could, but that wouldnt be balanced. It’s the flanks and wings that do the heavy hitting.

In a poll like this, you should assume all tanks have their ideal flanks and you consider which tanks do the best job for their role on the team

2 Likes

I love facing Aegir tanks, nothing but one big tile dump. Just make sure you bring a dispeller and/or defense debuffer. If you’re packing multiple AoE/hit-3 heroes, sometimes I find it works better to just overwrite the defense buff but keep the spirit link and then go to town. Nothing more satisfying than seeing 3 heroes crumble in one volley.

1 Like

Surprised to see Ursena still taking the top spot for purple tanks, I have Ursena at +18 and she has performed very poorly as my war tank. I actually think Freya is significantly underrated as a tank: defense buff and beefy minions at fast speed, and her realm special which cuts your mana by 10% when she dies can be a real PITA . If the role of the tank is not to outright kill but to stall you out, then Freya does that perfectly.

1 Like

I think the blue winner is Richard, because why someone that choose Richard but not choose Richard costume (bonus) ? that’s not make sense Richard Costume or CB is always better then Richard without costume or CB, correct? @ierazo

1 Like

Some may have voted for both Richard with costume bonus and Richard in the top 5, so can’t simply add those two percentages…

The results were as expected, except for Aegir, as a tank he is totally outdated and easy to defeat

1 Like

Or maybe you’ve just gotten stronger. he can be a pain with multiple emblems and a bad board

1 Like

I mean, so can just about any hero. As long as you have a dispeller, fighting Aegir with a bad board is better than fighting just about any other hero with a bad board. He doesn’t punish you for just dumping tiles into him until your color(s) finally come up.

3 Likes

Agreed. Whenever I see Aegir as tank I think “tile dump”.

Actually you don’t even need a dispeller, just need to overwrite that defense buff. I like attacking Aegir tanks with my blue stack of cKiril, cRichard, Lepus. Overwrite the defense buff, but keep the spirit link and then unleash hell on the hero with the lowest defense. Reliably kills 3 heroes in one volley 90% of the time.

1 Like