Top 5 Tank Heroes In Game

I’m glad you guys are there, I’m not. 300 is a very good war score, every flag is a clean kill. I’m not sure how you can average that, most of the time only 1-2 players in war have 300+ points.

You’re right, dispels can take his abilities down (except for the elemental link), but even if I took a team of Caedmon, Melendor, Sonya, Sabina, Wu Kong, chances are pretty good that I won’t be able to take him down within the short windows of the dispel. Even if you beat him, your dispel crew might not be the best to take down everyone else.

I’ve had more luck with ramming pulverizer, but like I was saying before, you are sometimes dead before you can charge up.

Dispellers aren’t necessary to beat Aegir. Just take a green stack and tile him down. Dump ties into Aegir to charge your snipers and take out his flanks first.

5 Likes

I just truly find it bizarre that the expectation is that the Aegir tank must have insane top tier flanks like Gravy or Kage in order to work properly, but my blue lineup into a blue tank with three 4* plus awful Richard was too OP because I had partially emblemed my 4*’s due to lack of good 5* options. Seems to me that if you’re facing lineups chock full of top tier heroes, you’re likely developed enough that a halfway decent attack roster should be feasible.

Based upon your response, I’m starting to see the picture of why you’ve been struggling. Ramming pulverizer does overwrite his defense down and spread the newly increased damage to the team, but the objective is not to deal higher damage en masse, but rather to deal focused damage to specific targets and ignore Aegir altogether. If you try to deal enough damage spread across 5 enemies to finish them off, you’re going to come up short more often than not. You also do not need to run a ton of dispellers. A lineup of Melendor, Caedmon, Sonia, Sabina, Wu has terrible synergy and also lacks the damage necessary to eliminate a target when all the specials are actually charged together. If you only have maybe one dispeller, you can also get a lot of mileage out of mana manipulator heroes like Proteus as they can hold the flanks and deal damage while the Aegir buff wears off (and begin charging again in the meantime).

3 Likes

You can take a 4 stack against any tank and it’s going to work sometimes. I’ve 4 stacked guinn with 3 stars, doesn’t make her a bad tank. In war you’re going to need a deep bench to continue doing that.

Also note that in your video:

• You used 4 heroes of the month in your stack. Like I said, we’re comparing apples to oranges, some people don’t even OWN 4 HOTM.
  • Two of the defense were slow, Horghall and Azlar. Yes, with a slow defense it gives you time to setup, that’s not the case with most good defensive teams I’ve seen. Your Cyprian, lady, and Tarlak would be dead before they fired.

Anyway, that’s the last I’m going to say on this. If Aegir was crap, I wouldn’t be seeing these teams in diamond, they’d be in platinum with the Elena tanks.

1 Like

Aegir is crap vs control tactics.

Most players seem to have no clue about control tactics. To be fair, many don’t even have the heroes to pull it off.

Against blue tanks, I use Kunchen – Horghall – Lianna – Morgan – Viv, and when I take on a randomly rolled team with Aegir tank, I have a 95% success rate (yes, without dispellers in the lineup). When I take on a randomly rolled team with Richard tank, I have an 83% success rate …

Okay, so I haven’t been collecting data for too long … with a 60% confidence interval estimated per Agresti–Coull, it’s more like 90%–97% vs Aegir-tanked lineups, and 75%–90% vs Richard-tanked lineups. Stretch it further than 60% confidence, and there’ll be some overlap. But even before I started collecting, my impression was that Aegir was an easy tank to face – with control tactics and the heroes to pull it off.

2 Likes

To me as we are now the top 5 tanks are:

1. Guinevere
  2. Kunchen
  3. Ursena
  4. Yunan
  5. Gravemaker

even if the only two that aren’t suffering Grazul, that weren’t suffering Zimkitha before her and that wouldn’t suffer the many cleansing Sonyas would be Guinevere and Ursena.

So I’m about to Max Ares.
The general consensus seems to be he’s countered easily with Sonya. But he’s not a horrible tank, he just doesn’t rank in the top five anymore. Most tanks have counters, and ways to work around them.

I think he’s still my best tank option currently, so who should I flank him with? Who will help me the best?

Don’t request that I post my roster, it’s very large. I can level whoever I need to. This is more about a request for discussion of who flanks Ares the best.

2 Likes

Just flank him with your 2 best non red snipers.

1 Like

If every hero is an option, I had solid sucess in war defense flanking him with zeline and drake, outside heroes being Lepus and seshat for me but these can vary.

2 Likes

Ares goes well with

• Heroes who punish blues
    • Zeline
  • Heroes who could affect enemies’ accuracy or mana generation
    • Drake Fong > Justice > Joon
    • Onatel > Leonidas
    • Inari
  • Damaging heroes who decrease defenses or elemental defense
    • Finley
    • Evelyn
    • G. Panther
    • Frida
  • Heroes who increase his toughness
    • Victor
    • Magni
    • Zeline > Kingston
3 Likes

Big fish, small pond. I used to score 300+ in just about every war. Now that we are in the 500-800 alliance range not so much.

2 Likes

I put Elkanen and an emblemed up Sabina next to him. So they keep healing themselves. It keeps me in diamond so I don’t feel the need to change anything

IMHO

1. Kunchen
  2. Guin
  3. Aegir
  4. Knight
  5. Ursena

We’re trying dark now in our ally.

I have Kunchen. Left flank should be yellow, right blue.

I’m considering Zeline, Delilah, Kunchen, Alasie, GM.

My maxed yellow: (none with emblems) Delilah, Rana, Drake, Ranvir, Joon
Onatel 1/1 on bench
My maxed blue: (alasie 6, Aegir 6, Arthur 6)…: Alasie, Ariel, Aegir, Arthur, Magni
On bench: Miki 3/70, Finley 1/1

What should be my center? Is Delilah-Kunchen-Alasie the right decision?

1 Like

I don’t think Delilah, two healers in front 3 is not alot of damage threat, would use Drake. Blind 3 can be annoying too

1 Like

Not 100% who that is… Master Lepus, maybe?

Anyway, Yunan, definitely a tough nut to crack…

This list is from facing them in raids and AWs. I do not have all of these heroes on my main. Only one of these on my alt is Kashhrek.

1. Guinevere
  2. Kunchen
  3. Buddy
  4. Boril
  5. Kashhrek

For me it’s

1. Ursena
  2. Guin
  3. GM
  4. BK
  5. Kunchen

Ursena is the only tank I regularly have issues with. I prefer not to bring yellow on her and can take one of her hits when stacking against the flank, but not two. Very hard to come back from a mediocre board vs Ursena tanks.

6 Likes

Aegir may be one of the weaker top tanks in raid defense, but at least in AWs his day is far from over - he often takes on two teams before a knockout, even at the beginning of the war, and his victory stats have a long tail: his record epic AW defense with me is at 17 teams before a knockout.

I currently use Kiril-Kage-Aegir-Marjana-Morgan. My quandry is that I’ve recently pulled a number of new good tank options:

My list of available 5*s includes:
Dark - Sartana, Ursena, Kage
Holy - Justice, Vivica
Ice - Aegir, Magni
Nature - Kingston, Morgan, (Margaret, eh)
Fire - Marjana, Elena, Zimkatha

Given these heroes, does anyone care to offer opinions on whether a great team could support a switch to a Ursena tank/Aegir flank?

1 Like

With Ariel coming soon(ish) Kunchen loses relative importance in your lineup and Ursena looks like your winning Dark hero and possibly your tank (a little family bump for that too).

If Ursena is still alive when Ariel fires you win the battle. If Ariel fires you probably win the battle regardless of Ursena’s status, the mana boost is deadly and she cleanses away any ailments you may have cast. I say this as someone that faces Ariel, not an owner.

BK on the other flank should be really tough to beat.

Topic of Tanks:
I personally believe that talking of tanks as standalone heroes doesn’t shed much light since special synergies are so important. When I raid I look at the combination of specials I am up against to figure out how tough they are, the exact tank matters much less.

I also believe that GM is becoming (much) less effective post-emblems because attacking teams now have more Health and can withstand the burn much better (Yes the burn increases as GM’s attack stat rises but HPs are increasing as well, in many cases this means the percentage of health the burn takes away has gone down AND the total HP left over is higher). I used to need a cleanser when facing GM (Zimkitha b/c she is fast), now I rely on Kunchen and the burn usually has run it course before he is charged, Kunchen may interrupt the second burn with a cleanse.

3 Likes

Fought @Boarasaurus with his Guin tank, Panther on the left, Ursena on the right. That was rough.