Top 5 Tank Heroes In Game

Im surprised Morgan isn’t mentioned. She is far tougher tank than many listed imo.

Nature heroes have too many specialized enemies, e.g. Gravemaker and Natalya. And because she only affects one hero, slowly, her casting isn’t scary enough to qualify her as a top-tier tank.

I have two fully leveled graves, I would still rather face a GM tank than a Morgan tank.

1 Like

From my experience:

For raid defense: 1.) Grave, 2.) Santa, 3.) Guin, 4.) Yunan, 5.) Kunchen

For war defense: 1.) Guin, 2.) Rana, 3.) Grave, 4.) Delilah, 5.) Ares

3 Likes

I have Morgan at #3 behind GM and Guin. Slow just isn’t good enough to be as much of a threat in this meta, especially from tank. Defense is at such a large disadvantage that there’s never going to be a tank that wins you a majority of defenses, so what you should be realistically looking for is a tank that wins the marginal matches. Slow heroes punish bad boards severely, but realistically a majority of those bad boards that they are punishing would have resulted in the defense winning regardless of the tank chosen, albeit in less dominating and flashy fashion. What makes GM, Guin, Morgan great tanks is that they punish below average opening boards that would have potentially been able to have been turned around vs a slow tank. Once Morgan gets rolling she’s a monster, and it doesn’t take an insanely bad board to have that happen, just a moderately bad board the same as vs Guin or GM

2 Likes

At this current meta here’s my opinion of the scariest tanks;

1. Guinivere
  2. Gravemaker
  3. Hel
  4. Kunchen
  5. Yunan

That’s my opinion of course. Some of the other tanks I’ve been surprised by are Boss Wolf and Richard, but I don’t think they’re top 5. I think Horghall and Azlar are also pretty effective but being so slow can really hurt them… usually I struggle against these when my board is super bad, but I find I can get them next time in the rematch.

Yunan I never thought much of anything, until he got the Revive talent. If it activates with his mana full, you’re gonna be in a lot of trouble.

1 Like

Classes will change this. Richard moves up. Ares moves up. Justice moves up. Zimkitha moves up. Delilah moves up. Aegir will move up once his special stops sucking. Horghall moves up.

The increased stats alone on the beefy slow heroes will make them defense viable.

I personally don’t feel like GM is a great tank anymore. With classes he takes a step back. One spot. To the flank.

3 Likes

For wars absolutely as I would rate a beefy average mana tank far bettert then a slow mana tank.
As far as raid defence goes they are both awesome n I would be hard pressed choosing between the two

1 Like

she is super strong and i absolutely hate facing her

I have a team power of 4387 Deliliah is easy to take out in raids however with bad boards she is a nightmare. Bad boards meaning very few purple come up.

1 Like

Guienivere i absolutely hate coming up against any other tank np. I only go up against Guien when i don’t mind spending time on the raid which is rare lol.

I’m not sure he’s in the top 5 discussion yet… but Black Knight is certainly doing pretty well on my defense at tank and I’ve seen some win streaks with him that I haven’t seen with many other tanks (Ursena being the only one of mine that has done as well in streaks).

4 Likes

I don’t have a problem beating him in raids. And i don’t change up my raid team. i just use the same rainbow pretty much all the time.

I don’t have a problem beating any tank, but that doesn’t disqualify them from being troublesome for others.

1 Like

My top 5 list would have to be

1. Ursena
    2)Guin
    3)Boss
    4)BK
    5)toss up between GM or Kunch (Kunch for wars, Gravy for Raids)
4 Likes

Why do you think Ursena is better then Guin?

1 Like

Ursena flanked by aiger
Guin flanked by aerial
Yunan flanked by queen

Top 3 that have totally wrecked my attack teams

2 Likes

My personal experience with her has me struggling far more. Any tank will die if the board is good, and any tank will win if the board is bad. The mark of a good tank is how hard they punish those mediocre boards and keep the opponent from coming back. If Ursena fires she does a ludicrous amount of damage to your entire team (something to the effect of 400 damage or 700vs yellows). This puts your entire team well within range of being killed by any enemy snipers or put critically low and within slash range by a drake/GM/etc.

5 Likes

I found ursena hard and might be at top 5 if…
Poseidon and ariel are on that defense team and she has 22+ crit troops…
otherwise she is a good tank but not at top 5 imo

I agree with this list.