Top #100 Alliance Ranking (@Beezzer)

Really appreciate your hard work @Beezzer It’s a much more accurate representation of alliance strength than what the game provides.

7 Likes

Latest Rankings: August

2 Likes

Out of curiosity… do u know that the YouTube channel link?

This is Team Korea

You mean some of the more well known player’s YouTube?

Hayato now at 7DD, a former jo seon

Dalkom, you see him in top 10 in all challenge events.

The channel talked about wars in their communities

Last but not least raoh is the leader of the up rising alliance

2 Likes

Be Aware if you are facing “Team Korea” in AW and have open spots. They will try to get in after matchmaking and spy on your AW teams.
Best advice is to close the door and decline players you don’t know, when you get them as Opponents. That team are pathetic idiots.

3 Likes

Latest Rankings: October 5th monthly report.

4 Likes

Hi
I am a member of the 명가

Formerly a member of VOK, now the alliance name has been changed.

We are 30 and we are in the top 100.
I want to help with the top 100 records and I want to help update. Is there a way to participate?

Hi

Is there any way I can see this data right away or can it help with ranking?

This table comes out monthly. If he posts it earlier I post it earlier. This is generated by war score collection throughout the month so it is on a 10 war cycle.

If you want to help then please message me at hilaria11 on the LINE app, that would be great. I recognize you, I think we met in war. “fame”. The more the better. :slight_smile: Beezzer has been out a bit recently, but you can get in on it through me, np.

2 Likes

NOVEMBER RANKINGS

4 Likes

Hey there, do we have an updated table? Thank you in advance.

1 Like

4 Likes

3 Likes

Top 100 Alliance War Rankings
November 6, 2021 - December 6, 2021

Purpose: To rank alliances that typically war with 30 teams

Methodology: The rankings are based on the 10 war period from November 6 through December 6. Alliances are ranked based on their alliance war score as follows:

65% Weighting - Average war score during the 10 war period

35% Weighting - Maximum war score during the 10 war period

However, war scores are not taken into account for the top five alliances. Instead, the Top 5 are ranked based on their record against each other, with losses to non-Top 5, if any, also taken into account.

Requirements: Once an alliance’s war scores are being tracked, a minimum of five alliance war scores must be captured in order to be ranked. In addition, the alliance must typically fight at 30 teams.

Currently, 153 alliances are being tracked. Of those, 123 are ranked, 17 are not yet to the five war score minimum and 13 are not ranked due to having an excess amount of wars with less than 30 teams. At this point in time, an alliance is tracked once it has a maximum war score of 147K or higher.

For purposes of determinig the war score, the war score is extrapolated out to 30 members for those alliances who temporarily have opt outs.

For example, an alliance at 29 members with a war score of 145K will have a war score for ranking purposes of 149.5K.

To ensure accuracy, there is a one war delay. That provides an extra check for current member opt outs that would otherwise go unnoticed, causing inaccurate “30 team equivalent” war scores.

What does it take to get into the Top 100? All alliances in the Top 100 except two have a maximum war score of 148k or higher. Two alliances (#95 Batman Returns and #97 The Incognitos) have maximum war scores of 147.6k, but made it into the Top 100 due to an above average winning record during the ranking period. But not all alliances with a maximum war score of 148K made the Top 100.

Top 5 Rankings: As a brief step back in time, prior to three months ago there were the Top 3 (Kobyer, 7DD and The Avengers) and then everyone else. The Top 3 dominated, never losing to any alliance other than the other two alliances in the Top 3. Ranking the Top 3 was relatively straight forward.

Then in September, Last Regiment had a strong run by defeating each of the Top 3. That was soon followed by Aggressive II becoming a power house and more recently Team Korea exploding into the top ranks. And not to be forgotten, KM4 would occasionally reach out and defeat a Top 5. The meta at the top has changed.

The relevant war results for the Top 5 will be added below, so I will limit comments here to key points.

#1 - The Avengers. Record of 3-2. Grabbed the top spot due largely to its win over 7DD during the ranking period.

#2 - 7DD. Record of 2-3. In the #2 spot primarily due to their win over Team Korea by 657 points (better than their defeat to TK by 533 points).

#3 - Team Korea . Record of 2-2. Though deafting The Avengers and 7DD, they hold the #3 spot due to The Avengers better overall record and their loss to 7DD.

#4 - Ковчег. Record of 3-2. Though a better overall record than 7DD and TK, they were held back by their quality of wins and losses. They barely defeated #5 Last Regiment, winning by 8 points, and are the only Top 5 alliance lossing to a non-Top 5 (a 497 point loss to KM4).

#5 - Last Regiment. Record of 1-4. Despite only one win during this ranking period, LR has shown they can win any given war and should not be overlooked.

Because this Top 100 ranking is a snapshot in time, I want to higlight how frequent there have been changes in the Top 5 rankings. During the ranking period, the top 2 ranks have been held by four alliances, while Team Korea wasn’t even ranked for the first war in the ranking period. The most consistent alliance has been 7DD, holding the #1 spot for 8 of the 10 wars. And in the war right after this ranking period, #4 TK defeated #1 The Avengers.

Hats off to the Top 5, and every other ranked alliance, in their competitiveness, effort and war coordination needed to earn their spot on the Top 100.

Note that Aggressive (formerly Aggressive II) is currently unranked due to excess wars at less than 30. Otherwise, this likely would have been a Top 6 discussion instead of a Top 5.

Outside the Top 5, there are a number of alliances that have made significant strides. Working down the rankings, #10 be Water jumped 6 spots to crack the Top 10, while #15 Кузькина Мать jumped 31 ranks.

Not wanting to be ignored, Xtreme Fury jumped 35 spots to #22, not far off #45 Viet Nam Oi!'s increase of 37 ranks. Also making a splash was Lulu’s House of Goats, going from #104 to #74.

There are 18 new alliances in the Top 100, of which 12 previously weren’t ranked. Squeeking in at #100 was The Dragons Revolution (52 points ahead of #101).

Rankings are only possible because of @Ɠħøʂŧ Çħɨɭɨ’s efforts in data collections. I can’t relay how thankful I am for her countless hours of looking up alliance’s scores.

And for clarification, even though the war recap that is published after each war is a separate data project, it draws heavily upon the Top 100 data set. And likewise, when “unusual” alliance war scores are identified in the Top 100 data set, often times I’m able to check actual war results (thank you all who share your war results) and make adjustments as appropriate to war scores.

7 Likes

Thanks you Beezzer for doing all this!

Cool, I was just going to post this I’m so glad you did it @Beezzer
:slightly_smiling_face:

Top 100 Rankings
December 6, 2021 - January 8, 2022

Purpose: To rank alliances that typically war with 30 teams based on their war strength

Methodology: The rankings are based on the 10 war period from December 6 through January 8. Alliances are ranked based on their alliance war score as follows:

• 65% weighting to the alliance’s average war score during the 10 war period
  • 35% weighting to the alliance’s maximum war score during the 10 war period

However, war scores are not taken into account for the top five alliances. Instead, for the Top 5 are ranked based on their record against each other, with losses to non-Top 5 taken into account.

For the #6 to #10 ranked alliances, war scores are taken into account with moifications made if appropriate based on heads up matches among those alliances.

Requirements: Once an alliance’s war scores are being tracked, a minimum of five alliance war scores must be captured in order to be ranked. In addition, the alliance must typically fight at 30 teams.

Currently, 131 alliances are being tracked. Of those, 119 are ranked, 10 are not yet to the five war score minimum and 2 are not ranked due to having an excess amount of wars with less than 30 teams.

At this time, an alliance is tracked once it has a maximum war score of 149.5K or higher. For purposes of determinig the war score, the war score is extrapolated out to 30 members for those alliances who temporarily have opt outs. For example, an alliance at 29 members with a war score of 148K will have a war score for ranking purposes of 152.6K. To ensure accuracy, there is a one war delay. That provides an extra check for current member opt outs may would otherwise go unnoticed after a win.

Top 100 threshold: The #100 spot was held with a weighted war score of 148.1K. To put that into context, all alliances in the Top 100 had a maximum war score of 149.5k or higher during the 10 war ranking period.

To illustrate the power creep, the #100 alliance last ranking had a maximum war score of 147.0k, an incredible 2.5K change in one month.

Top 5 Rankings: As a brief step back in time, a handful of month ago there were the Top 3 (Kobyer, 7DD and The Avengers) and then everyone else. The Top 3 dominated, never losing to any alliance other than the other two alliances in the Top 3. Ranking the Top 3 was relatively straight forward.

Then as of the last ranking (period ended December 6, 2021), Team Korea and Last Regiment shook things up by creating a Top 5 by racking up wins against the (prior) Top 3. Gone were the days of Top 3 stability.

From the last ranking to this ranking, The Top 5 remain, though Team Korea and 7DD have emerged as the two alliances fighting it out for the first two spots, with Kobyer and Last Regiment typically competing for the #3 and #4 spot. The Avengers hit a rough patch, slipping to #5. But make no mistake about it, any one of those five are capable of defeating any of the other four alliances in the Top 5, regardless of ranking, and any one of those alliances are capable of being #1.

After the Top 5 alliances, The Last Legion, KM4 and Seven Days Ascended have become the second tier powerhouses, with be Water and The One Family still establishing themselves as more recent entrants to the Top 10.

The greatest jump in ranking was Esprit de corps, who rose 46 spots to #37, followed by DIE LOGE’s 27 rank jump to #53. Of the Top 20, The Haunted Squirrels had the biggest increase, rising 15 spots to #19.

And squeeking in at #100 was The Hungarian Doom Bears.

There are 12 new alliances in the Top 100. While that number isn’t unusual, what isn’t visible below the rankings surface is the increased turnover of “near Topp 100” alliances. Whether due to the continued power creep, maturity of the game (i.e., increased difficulty in recruiting), or some other reason, more alliances have been added and dropped from the rankings tracker than at anytime in the past.

This ranking is only possible because of Ghost Chili’s efforts in data collections. I can’t relay how thankful I am for her countless hours of looking up alliance war scores.

And for clarification, even though the war recap that is published after each war is a separate data project, it draws heavily upon this Top 100 ranking data set. And likewise, when “unusual” alliance war scores are identified in the Top 100 data set, often times I’m able to check actual war results and make adjustments as appropriate to war score.

While I won’t claim 100% accuracy in the data set, there are validation checks built in and overall I believe it’s a reasonable representation of the relevative strength of the Top 100 alliances during the ranking period.

And as always, if your ranking is different, yours is correct.

-From Beezzer. (@Beezzer)

5 Likes

Top 100 Rankings
January 9 – February 12, 2022

Purpose: To rank alliances that typically war with 30 teams based on their strength at alliance wars.

Methodology: The rankings are based on the 10-war period from January 9 through February 12. Alliances are ranked based on their alliance war score as follows:

65% weighting to the alliance’s average war score during the 10-war period

35% weighting to the alliance’s maximum war score during the 10-war period

However, war scores are not taken into account for the top five alliances. Instead, the Top 5 are ranked based on their record against each other, with losses to non-Top 5 (if any) taken into account.

For the #6 to #10 ranked alliances, war scores are taken into account with modifications made if appropriate based on heads up matches among those alliances.

Currently, 138 alliances are being tracked. Of those, 121 are ranked, 9 are not yet to the five war score minimum and 8 are not ranked due to having an excess amount of wars with less than 30 teams.

At this time, an alliance is tracked once it has a maximum war score of 150.0K or higher (up from 149.5K in the last ranking). For purposes of the ranking, an alliance’s war score is extrapolated out to 30 members for those alliances who have opt outs or have less than 30 members. For example, an alliance at 29 members with a war score of 148K will have a war score for ranking purposes of 152.6K. To ensure accuracy, there is a one war delay. That provides an extra check for current member opt outs that may otherwise cause inaccurate extropolated war scores.

Top 100 threshold: The #100 spot was held with a weighted war score of 149.5K (up from 148.1K). To put that into context, all alliances in the Top 100 had a maximum war score of 150.8K or higher during the 10-war ranking period (up from 149.5k).

Power creep has started to slow down. There was an increase of 1.3K in maximum war score for the #100 alliance from last ranking to this one. That is significantly less than the 2.5K increase that we saw for the #100 alliance in the last ranking compared to the one before that.

We can also look to the two alliances with the highest war score, Team Korea and 7DD. They both broke the 159K mark in the last few days. However, their increase between wars has been averaging less than 100 since the beginning of the year. In November and December, they averaged 140 point increases between wars, and 180 points in September and October (7DD only as TK wasn’t on the radar then).

In short, the top two alliances have hit the new soft ceiling for alliance war score (i.e., they have hit maturity with newer heroes and aethers). The rest of the field has also slowed down, but not by as much.

In the Top 5, Team Korea took the #1 spot from 7DD, who slipped to #2. Over the last 10 wars, those two alliances have only lost to each other. Kobyer remained at #3, while The Avengers moved up to #4 and Last Regiment dropped to #5. A gap has been created between the top two alliance and the other three, and the gap between the Top 5 and everyone else continues to hold up.

After the Top 5 alliances, there was more movement within the ranking. After falling a bit behind the power creep curve, SErotonin came roaring back from #15 to capture the #6 spot by defeating both 7DA and The Last Legion. TLL dropped a spot to #7 but continues to be the longest tenured alliance in the #6 to #10 range. After joining the Top 10 for the first time in the last ranking, be Water stepped up to #8, and #9 Aggressive (formerly Aggressive II) unsurprisingly rejoins the Top 10 after slipping to #13. Rounding out the Top 10 is The One Family.

Outside of the Top 10, the largest jumps in rank were #70 Dragons of the North (+42), #73 TELETUBBIES (+38), #66 Seven Days Emerged (+35) and #42 Palm-Fiction (+33).

In the higher ranks, notable increases included #19 Wolves of the North (+17), #20 Mixed Nuts – Extra Spicy (+13) and King of the North (+16).

And squeaking in at #100 was Dracula’s Angels.

Statistically and anecdotally, it has become harder for alliances to maintain their Top 100 ranking. There are 17 new alliances in the Top 100, compared to 12 in the last ranking. Of the 17 no longer in the Top 100, nine are no longer tracked at all and eight are tracked but have a rank lower than #100.

This ranking is only possible because of Ghost Chili’s efforts in data collections. I can’t relay how thankful I am for her countless hours of looking up alliance war scores.

And for clarification, even though the war recap that is published after each war is a separate data project, it draws heavily upon this Top 100 ranking data set. And likewise, when abnormal alliance war scores are identified in the Top 100 data set, I’m usually able to check actual war results and make adjustments as appropriate to war score.

Link to thread with Top 100 war recaps

While I won’t claim 100% accuracy in the data set, there are validation checks built in and over all I believe it’s a reasonable representation of the relative strength of the Top 100 alliances during the ranking period.

And as always, if your ranking is different, yours is correct and mine is wrong.

5 Likes

Top 100 Alliances
February 19 – March 23, 2022

Purpose: To rank the Top 100 alliances that typically war with 30 teams.

Methodology: The rankings are based on the 10-war period from February 19 through March 23, 2022. Alliances are ranked based on their alliance war score as follows:

• 65% weighting to the alliance’s average war score during the 10-war period
• 35% weighting to the alliance’s maximum war score during the 10-war period

However, war scores are not taken into account for the top seven alliances. Instead, the Top 7 are ranked based on their record against each other, with losses to non-Top 7 (if any) taken into account.

For the #8 to #10 ranked alliances, weighted war scores are used with modifications made if appropriate based on war results.

Currently, 138 alliances are being tracked. Of those, 116 are ranked, 14 are not yet to the five war score minimum and 8 are not ranked due to having an excess amount of wars with less than 30 teams.

At this time, an alliance is tracked once it has a maximum war score of 151.0K or higher (up from 150.0K in the last ranking). For purposes of the ranking, an alliance’s war score is extrapolated out to 30 members for those alliances who have opt outs or have less than 30 members. For example, an alliance at 29 members with a war score of 148K will have a war score for ranking purposes of 152.6K. To ensure accuracy, there is a one war delay. That provides an extra check for current member opt outs that may otherwise cause inaccurate extropolated war scores.

Top 100 threshold: The #100 spot was held with a weighted war score of 150.4K (up from 149.5K). To put that into context, all alliances in the Top 100 had a maximum war score of 152.0K or higher during the 10-war ranking period (up from 150.8K).

Power creep for the Top 100 was similar to the last ranking. There was an increase of 1.2K in maximum war score for the #100 alliance from last ranking to this one. That is close to the 1.3K increase at the last ranking, which in turn was significantly less than the 2.5K increase that we saw two rankings ago.

The highest war score for this ranking period was 160,004 for Team Korea (the first alliance to break the 160K milestone), compared to 159.0K last ranking (7DD and TK).

This ranking is notable for the number of new alliances in the Top 100. There are 30 new alliances this ranking, compared to 17 and 12 new Top 100 alliances for the prior two rankings.

To no surprise, a significant number of alliances that are no longer ranked are Ukranian and Russian based. That is primarily due to those alliances going to war with less than 30 teams.

There was a significant shake up in the Top 10. Two of the previous “Top 5,” Kobyer and Last Regiment are no longer ranked. Kobyer is a predominantly Ukranian based alliance, and both Kobery and LR have been fighting at less than 30. That cuts the Top 5 down to the Top 3.

7DD reclaimed the #1 spot from TK by virtue of 7DD’s 4-1 record against top alliances (including a win and a loss against TK), compared to TK’s 3-1 record. Solidly in third was The Avengers.

There were four new alliances in the Top 10. Seven Days Ascended ascended 9 spots to claim the #4 rank. The other new entrants to the Top 10 were #7 Gipsy Danger, #8 STOK and #10 Full House. Rounding out the Top 10 were #5 be Water, #6 SErotonin and #9 The Last Legion.

Making a massive jump in the rankings was #11 The Legends, up 35 ranks. Also up 35 ranks was #52 Русский Шквал, followed by #32 China Justice (+32), #68 Gronnere Gress (+30) and #61 Naughty Nightmares I (+29).

Claiming the #100 rank was Shadow of Blade with a weighted war score of 150,413 (max war score of 152,006), which was 84 points higher than #101 Captain Q.

And for clarification, even though the war recap that is published after each war is a separate data project, it draws heavily upon this Top 100 ranking data set. And likewise, when abnormal alliance war scores are identified in the Top 100 data set, I’m usually able to check actual war results and make adjustments as appropriate to war score.

Link to thread with Top 100 war recaps

While I won’t claim 100% accuracy in the data set, there are validation checks built in and over all I believe it’s a reasonable representation of the relative strength of the Top 100 alliances during the ranking period.

And as always, if your ranking is different, yours is correct and mine is wrong.

Top 100

5 Likes