Top #100 Alliance Ranking (@Beezzer)

Top 100 Alliances
February 19 – March 23, 2022

Purpose: To rank the Top 100 alliances that typically war with 30 teams.

Methodology: The rankings are based on the 10-war period from February 19 through March 23, 2022. Alliances are ranked based on their alliance war score as follows:

• 65% weighting to the alliance’s average war score during the 10-war period
• 35% weighting to the alliance’s maximum war score during the 10-war period

However, war scores are not taken into account for the top seven alliances. Instead, the Top 7 are ranked based on their record against each other, with losses to non-Top 7 (if any) taken into account.

For the #8 to #10 ranked alliances, weighted war scores are used with modifications made if appropriate based on war results.

Requirements: Once an alliance’s war scores are being tracked, a minimum of five alliance war scores must be captured in order to be ranked. In addition, the alliance must typically fight at 30 teams.

Currently, 138 alliances are being tracked. Of those, 116 are ranked, 14 are not yet to the five war score minimum and 8 are not ranked due to having an excess amount of wars with less than 30 teams.

At this time, an alliance is tracked once it has a maximum war score of 151.0K or higher (up from 150.0K in the last ranking). For purposes of the ranking, an alliance’s war score is extrapolated out to 30 members for those alliances who have opt outs or have less than 30 members. For example, an alliance at 29 members with a war score of 148K will have a war score for ranking purposes of 152.6K. To ensure accuracy, there is a one war delay. That provides an extra check for current member opt outs that may otherwise cause inaccurate extropolated war scores.

Top 100 threshold: The #100 spot was held with a weighted war score of 150.4K (up from 149.5K). To put that into context, all alliances in the Top 100 had a maximum war score of 152.0K or higher during the 10-war ranking period (up from 150.8K).

Power creep for the Top 100 was similar to the last ranking. There was an increase of 1.2K in maximum war score for the #100 alliance from last ranking to this one. That is close to the 1.3K increase at the last ranking, which in turn was significantly less than the 2.5K increase that we saw two rankings ago.

The highest war score for this ranking period was 160,004 for Team Korea (the first alliance to break the 160K milestone), compared to 159.0K last ranking (7DD and TK).

This ranking is notable for the number of new alliances in the Top 100. There are 30 new alliances this ranking, compared to 17 and 12 new Top 100 alliances for the prior two rankings.

To no surprise, a significant number of alliances that are no longer ranked are Ukranian and Russian based. That is primarily due to those alliances going to war with less than 30 teams.

There was a significant shake up in the Top 10. Two of the previous “Top 5,” Kobyer and Last Regiment are no longer ranked. Kobyer is a predominantly Ukranian based alliance, and both Kobery and LR have been fighting at less than 30. That cuts the Top 5 down to the Top 3.

7DD reclaimed the #1 spot from TK by virtue of 7DD’s 4-1 record against top alliances (including a win and a loss against TK), compared to TK’s 3-1 record. Solidly in third was The Avengers.

There were four new alliances in the Top 10. Seven Days Ascended ascended 9 spots to claim the #4 rank. The other new entrants to the Top 10 were #7 Gipsy Danger, #8 STOK and #10 Full House. Rounding out the Top 10 were #5 be Water, #6 SErotonin and #9 The Last Legion.

Making a massive jump in the rankings was #11 The Legends, up 35 ranks. Also up 35 ranks was #52 Русский Шквал, followed by #32 China Justice (+32), #68 Gronnere Gress (+30) and #61 Naughty Nightmares I (+29).

Claiming the #100 rank was Shadow of Blade with a weighted war score of 150,413 (max war score of 152,006), which was 84 points higher than #101 Captain Q.

This ranking is only possible because of Ghost Chili’s efforts in data collections. I can’t relay how thankful I am for her countless hours of looking up alliance war scores.

And for clarification, even though the war recap that is published after each war is a separate data project, it draws heavily upon this Top 100 ranking data set. And likewise, when abnormal alliance war scores are identified in the Top 100 data set, I’m usually able to check actual war results and make adjustments as appropriate to war score.

Link to thread with Top 100 war recaps

While I won’t claim 100% accuracy in the data set, there are validation checks built in and over all I believe it’s a reasonable representation of the relative strength of the Top 100 alliances during the ranking period.

And as always, if your ranking is different, yours is correct and mine is wrong.

Top 100

5 Likes