Top 10 Most VALUABLE Heroes in Empires & Puzzles | How much would you pay for a Legendary?

I thought it would be fun to speculate on how expensive the most valuable heroes would be in Empires & Puzzles, so here’s what I came up with…

5 Likes

I appreciate the time take to create this half an hour video. But could you also just list the top ten most valuable heroes in the E&P game and maybe add an opinion poll.
Just a thought

7 Likes

But how would he get his YouTube hits with a poll?

12 Likes

Valuable in terms of money I can’t really add an informative opinion to.
Valuable in terms of overall value to you as a player - without doubt this is Treevil. He is the only hero I can think of that can be used - extremely effectively - in every single PVE (3*, 4*, 5*) event/stage (excluding class-specific stuff) and in almost any raid/war matchup you can think of up to and including upper diamond

3 Likes

Yeah these sorts of posts are just ads, they aren’t meaning to actually contribute to the forum.

1 Like

It just did my head in after two minutes. I didn’t even have the sound on.
But each to their own I suppose

Clickbait that’s all

@Pillage77 I know you meant that comment to be denigrating, but frankly, you saying that it’s clickbait means people are watching it, which is flattering and I’m humbled by the engagement. People watch content that’s interesting. If it’s not “clickbait,” then it’s not interesting. Not everyone has to be interested or entertained…but enough are for it to be “clickbait.”

I hope I’ve created some videos that you’ve enjoyed, but if not, that’s totally fine! There’s other YouTubers out there with their own style and information you to enjoy.

4 Likes

I think the issue people have is, this is a discussion forum. We shouldn’t have to go to YouTube and watch the content to have a discussion

If someone wants to post a video, but also summarize in text in the initial post what the video is saying then that’s participating in the forum rather than using the forum to advertise your channel.

3 Likes

@Shunt I’ve been posting my videos here to open discussion since January of 2018. At what point did things change? I mean…if that’s true, I will avoid posting here in the future.

1 Like

It’s just a personal opinion mate. Do what you like.

@NittanyLionRoar
I think it’s great that you make these videos and take the time to post them in the forum to really benefit others…
Please don’t stop if it brings enjoyment to both you and the many others that will click on it, open it and watch it.
My comment probably comes because of my age. I don’t understand this YouTube stuff if I am honest - which totally makes my 4 year old granddaughter laugh and ask me if I am “kidding” her.
I am just of an age where I still write letters and post them, still post cards to people, switch my mobile phone off after I have used it. And you have probably guessed this is my only online game that my grandson loaded onto my iPad 3 years ago (I still play but he doesn’t lol). And the iPad was a surprise Christmas present from my daughter - I opened it and didn’t know what it was …
So in short - these videos would help me if they came with a short written summary… in this case who are the ten most valuable heroes?
However, if that’s not the done thing “these days” I am sure I can live with it.
Keep making the videos, have fun, stay safe and healthy and have a wonderful Christmas …. Cheers

8 Likes

I echo @JGE 's sentiment, @NittanyLionRoar , keep making those videos.

Though I do think there’s value to giving a text summary - it might stir even more discussion.

Personally, I’m more of a reader than a watcher, so I’d prefer to read some text than to watch a video (and also, I often check the forums while on public transport so I keep my phone sound off…)

but I certainly think there’s value in having others watch the video and discuss/react.

4 Likes

@JGE and @sleepyhead Thank you for the thoughtful response, that makes a lot of sense. I just always assumed giving text with the video would spoil it :grinning:

Here’s a synopsis:

I was speculating about what our heroes might cost in dollars if we had the ability to buy/sell trade them. Price is simply determined by supply and demand and it’s usually the people who are in the top 20% of those willing to pay in the high end that set the price. As long as there’s buyers at a particular price point, that’s what it will sell for.

I used Mother North as an example. My YouTube poll yielded that about 20% of the player base would pay approximately $200 for a maxed MN. I did a separate formula using the percentages heroes appear and applied a demand multiplier for how much a particular hero is used. Here’s the formula…

Number of summons it takes to summon a legendary hero in a given event X number of different legendary heroes in that portal = $ Cost to chase that one hero x demand multiplier

In other TCG games the demand multiplier is almost always less than 1. The more in demand the card is and the lower the supply, the closer it gets to 1. It goes over 1 if every single player demands multiple copies or it’s not always available. That’s not common.

Using the formula, MN should be about $216. The top 10 would be…

1. Alfrike - $2,300
  2. Frigg - $2,000
  3. Morel -$1,950
  4. Bera - $1,900
  5. Elizabeth - $1,850
  6. Hannah - $1,700
  7. Gravemaker Costume - $1,600
  8. Kadilen Costume - $1,245
  9. Black Knight - $975
  10. Finley - $750
13 Likes

Nice, thanks! I figured as much as I skimmed through your video, and saw the top10 - useful for the rest though @NittanyLionRoar

Now that I see the list, I’m also interested in the demand multiplier - is it based on actual usage numbers? (Not doubting you, but just some things stood out e.g. Frigg ranks high but Odin is absent from the top 10 - though I always thought I would use Frigg more because her defense debuff is more devastating and her Rogue talent more valuable)

But good stuff, and I’m glad you’re continuing to share!

1 Like

Thanks so much for sharing that for those of us who prefer reading :heart:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing your analysis on the top 10 and their monetary value. Most interesting!

I notice that some of the newer - and more powerful - heroes are missing. The likes of Ludwig, Ruby etc as well as the latest humble 3* Treevil who seems to be on everyone’s wish list.

Any chance to expand the list to say the top 20 or 30 heroes including these newer heroes released Q4 2021.

BTW, I too appreciate your summarising your video highlights. For those… TLDW :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah there might be some newer heroes who can (and probably will) charge into the top 10.

2 Likes