Too Many vs 1 in AW

Long story short, I don’t have time to play often enough to be in an active alliance right now, so I created my own. I was opted into alliance wars, and now I’m facing 15-20 players vs lil’ ol’ me (lol).
Question is, what is the point of allowing a guild with one or two players to participate in AW? The only benefit I see is the (very) long march to 25 points in losses for an underwhelming war chest. Am I missing something?

1 Like

That’s impossible… but if true open a ticket and post a screen shot of the battlefield when it starts lol. More then likely your facing a guild with 15 members and only 1 has opted in. War is in prep phase now so you won’t see teams.

3 Likes

@Garanwyn is this possible?

1 Like

The war hasn’t started yet, so I can’t see their army. The guild I made is just me and my son (too low level for AW). Guild I’m facing is 29 members. My alliance score is 3959, opposing team alliance score is 22641

1 Like

That is almost certainly what has hppened.

1 Like

They are opt out…you cant face 15 on your own…

1 Like

War matching is done on war score, not alliance score.

You can see the current war score by clicking the question mark next to the alliance score. But it could be different than it was at matchmaking.

2 Likes

Ah. I did not realize that. I suppose I’ll see when war starts in 16h. Thank you

2 Likes

I learn something new every time I read the SG forums. Thank you everyone

4 Likes

That’s normal.

I’m a 2 member alliance and half of the time i’m paired with 20+ alliances, but in reality is always a 2 vs 2 as all the others opted out.

6 Likes

hfABQa

7 Likes

Total alliance members is not the same as the number opted in to wars. I started my own alliance with 7 members (now up to 11). We’ve been matched up against alliances with 30 total members before, but only some of them were actually opted into the war. Most of their players hadn’t been active in 100+ days and were automatically opted out. I’ve never actually experienced a war where the opponent had more active warring teams than we did (as I initially feared). Though I have experienced more than 1 war where some of our opponents didn’t log on or use any flags, or even left the alliance while the war was in progress, leaving ex-members with unused flags on the board.

2 Likes

You bad @$$ @Elpis bet you enjoy pummeling us mere mortals. Glad I don’t have to face your 2 member alliance!

2 Likes

Don’t knock 2 member alliances! If my girlfriend and I left and made our own 2 member alliance, we would destroy every 2 member team who dared to war against us. :grin:

1 Like

Your gf better be ucla…

Update: War was 1v1 and I won. :smile:

Topic can be closed. Thanks everybody :+1:

3 Likes

Congrats!

To @Texas1970, I assume you’re referring to UCLA the university. My girlfriend didn’t go to college, but she does have an insane roster of 4* and 5* heroes, some of which I’ve never even heard of.

1 Like

Closed at the request of OP. Congrats on the win :slight_smile:

Cookie Settings