Too Many New Alliances. Hurting Recruiting

Lol we’ve had each other’s backs plenty

Salt is thick in your response though

Thanks for the pity :joy::joy:

If you directly respond to someone and their post is the latest one, it doesnt show an arrow and name caption in the right hand corner :roll_eyes: my post above is example part A and this post is example part B

You’re welcome to the pity; it’s a cheap commodity.

I have a grip on how the forum works and how truly lucky i am

Only grip i need in this discussion

@sft1965 and @Rigs , common and don’t be so childish. It’s a game and everyone got his opinion. Guess we all understood what you both meant. Drink a beer together and get along again. :beers:

6 Likes

I am from the other end of the world.

What am I? :thinking:
A Crew fanboy. :rofl:

1 Like

Just thought I’d show you again how replies look when responding to someone when their the last post in the thread or when there is a post between that and current response

In case you missed it earlier. Don’t want someone who brings so much to offer this game and it’s players to not have a firm understanding of how a simple forum site functions

1 Like

I’ve tried to recruit you lol

Spot in crew anytime you want it

Anyways back to figuring out how to increase the effectiveness of recruiting…

For me simple format:

1. Be strong
  2. Lead by example
  3. Common language
  4. Time zone
  5. Never hesitate to kick those that do not fit in
4 Likes

Recruiting is just not particularly practical for this game.

1. The alliance search function doesn’t work well, and the alliance banners can’t be descriptive enough. And new players easily end up in dead ends.
  2. In-game alliance recruitment chat is a mess (tempted to say morass), some people manage to spend time in there but I don’t.
  3. Forums (as they currently stand) are not that great for recruiting*

We have a thread up on the forum, but this is limited to people actually using the forum and knowing where to look. The threads are just listed by activity, and short of making a semi-descriptive title it’s a laborious process going through them with no real sorting.

Also there’s no means to chat privately via the forum, other games with recruitment sub-sections have the means to PM a recruiter directly, but not here so we’re stuck with Discord/LINE.

I give credit to those that make their own “recruit me” threads, but they need to be easier to close when they’ve run their course.

Edit: It’s different on the forum for alliances that belong to a bigger group, that have several active and recognised users of course. Those names and alliances are more visible over all :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Global chat is useless. Usually filled with trolls and what not.

Alliance search filters should be in place.

Invite function is not working. I wanted to invite an ex-member (not in any alliance right now) but no way of contacting them since they left without leaving their contacts.

5 Likes

For what it’s worth, Crew is only recently known. Before making the top 100, no one had a clue who Crew was. And only reason I’m known is due to being active. Both of those things were effort based, not luck based. Anyone can do either of those if they want to.

Private messages are something i agree with SG on, think they’re bad news. Opens a door to expletive behavior and just another task for moderators and staff to keep an eye on

In game recruiting, i have not found effective for quite some time. Line and forum have been best bets for me.

In game recruiting, yes is a mess but that’s not the only reason it’s inferior to line and forum

In line and forum you find players that have some game knowledge already, are aware of how alliances typically function, and if they’ve made a forum account and/or installed Line then they’re already thinking about the game long term and have decided to invest more of their time which typically means they are more active than those that only use in game communications

Not always about the quantity, i prefer the quality of players that line and forum give Crew and others access to

Should add that Crew-Saders has rarely ever had open spots longer than 24 hrs since founded. Again effort based. And that’s since november of 2017.

5 Likes

What an euphemism :stuck_out_tongue: I wonder if the one who lost her new alliance ever found it…

I agree that your renown is due to effort, no argument :slight_smile:

I also agree with this, but it’s also valid to bring in completely fresh players who are eager to get into it and grow. Admittedly not in a top 100 alliance. Not my problem :smiley:

As for private chat, block functions usually exist with those. But I definitely see why they’re not available, they just hamper our efforts and force the harassment to go third party. Granted it takes some more dedication though.

I’m trying to be nice and not too snarky. I did say morass elsewhere :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I actually knew @Rigs from this forum. He knows a lot and I agree with most, if not all of his comments. :wink:

But what made me befriended him was due to his entertaining remarks and being flagged all the time (even by his own teammates). :rofl:

People who know him, either loves him or hate him but rarely neutral. :joy:

4 Likes

The quality of players from forum and line made us top 100 though not vice versa

Anyways, idk how to improve in game recruiting outside of what has already been said

Only thing i can think of is static ads

Instead of alliance search pulling up random lists of alliances

It could pull up most recent updated ads with most spots open, sortable by region, with a search tab for specific alliance and a filter function for specific reqs, strengths, rankings, new player friendly alliances, etc

Basically if a player clicked the alliance button at lvl 4, they wouldnt see what they see now as far as just alliance headers with x/30 members, x cup req blah blah

They would see the user created ad for that alliance with a button to see the alliance header and all that jazz

Idk exactly how it would function in practice but in theory it works well in my head

6 Likes

He must change his mind…I have checked all posts here and none from @Rigs is flagged! :joy::joy::joy:
Shall I flag one…just to please him? Only to keep his reputation, for sure :wink:

EDIT: count several flagged posts…crazy @Rigs (should be better Riggs) is back! :crazy_face:
Riggs

3 Likes

I have always found recruiting to be a real crapshoot. Sometimes I go into AR and can get 3 people in 15 minutes, sometimes I spend hours in there and only thing I get is a headache from rainbow color exposure. I will say that these 13/14*titans have been great for my recruit efforts cause I have snagged several really great players that are tired of the huge titan grind for little payoff way the game goes in top tier alliances. I will post ads on reddit, Facebook and forums when need be but don’t get a lot from them. Most of my positive recruiting efforts just come from being seen in chats…(I think my awesome snowman avatar helps also…lol)

8 Likes

Well it got a smile outta me. Lol :snowflake:

3 Likes

Loving the transparency here. When you gotta go you gotta go. I find that I raid much better when I am on the toilet. Lately my wife is asking me if I’m OK when I’m in there making grunting noises. What she doesn’t realizes that I’m grunting because I didn’t get the color tiles I stacked against a certain opponent. OK back to the topic now.

5 Likes