Tonics on Evelyn or mother north

Thanks. I was going to let it go, but with Frostmarch appearing and giving me a scope, the scope on level whatever of Santa’s challenge all of a sudden has a lot more utility for me.

I was able to complete Santa’s challenge with a 3293 TP, so I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to get the scope with a 3250 TP. What does your lineup look like? And items?

You’ll want at least one mana controller, and if you do, you’ll want mana pots to feed them after the effect has worn off (100% one’s preferred); if you don’t have any, then I’d bring in Timestops. Mother North can’t go off. Hel, Proteus, Hansel, Gretel, Peters, or Merlin.

Also, I’d bring in two healers if you’re struggling with surviving the mobs; preferrably one HOT and one immediate, but you could do two immediate and hold one for in case of emergency. Possibly even some health pots too.

Save all of your items until the boss stage, and unleash accordingly. Make sure your mana is charged before every stage. Leave diamonds and bombs on the board for the last stage. Use the strongest battle items you can get your hands on (dragon attacks, bombs, axes and arrows). I brought in Bombs, Dragon Attacks, Big Mana and Big Health Pots, and didn’t even have to use all of them.

Synergy works wonders. Defense Down + attack up helps a lot. Also, heroes that hit three targets or more are ideal for these stages, since splash hitters turn into AoE with the setups. Snipers are great if you’re only after one boss, but [in my experience] it’s more difficult and time-consuming that way.

For me, I ran one mana controller, two healers (one with resurrection and one with an attack buff), one hero to lower defense and the last to blind (Alby 3/70-Grimm 3/60-Hel 3/70-Boldtusk 3/60-Drake Fong 3/70). Worked very well, but takes a long time to grind out each stage. Be patient and play the board carefully. If you have to, spend the 75 gems on the stage with the mat, but only if you’re sure you can beat it on the next go.

Good stuff. Thanks for your well thought out response. From my answers you will see that my team is not in amazing shape (ti’s just where I’m at, given how (not) long I’ve played the game), which is why I’m trying to approach this carefully.

For maps my starting team is usually as below, then I tweak it if I feel there’s some better strategy.

4.70 Grimm
3.43 Mother North
4.70 Gormek
4.55 Rigard
And the last spot is flexible: sometimes I give it to my best yellow (don’t laugh :slight_smile: but that’s 3.60 Chao or 3.60 Hu Tao), but other options are 3.41 Santa Claus (highest power hero not already listed), 3.23 Merlin (best mana control option), 3.54 Caedmon (best de-buff option), or 3.43 Boldtusk (best attack buff option)

Items: I can put bring the max of any of the following
Bomb
Axe
All lesser items (e.g., bear banner, arrows, etc.)
I can throw 100% mana in two fights, Tornado and Dragon Banners in one (if I use everything I’m allowed to bring each time)

Only mana controller is Merlin (I’m assuming Chao and my Gan Ju don’t really count), and I’m worried it may be hard to keep him (really most of the heroes I listed for the fifth slot) alive. No Timestops. No useful HoT, though I do usually run out two healers.

I’ve been thinking my best strategy may be to give the fifth slot to Santa and then grind. The minion shield he and Mother North provide is the best I can do in lieu of HoT, since it’s like they store extra HP. I just did stage 14 with that lineup and it took about 20 minutes. But I was never really in danger of losing, and only used 4-5 items (and those mostly because I was being conservative).

If you care about raid defense I’d do mother north. I like Evelyn everywhere else though so given her better utility I’d prefer her. Mother North has good survivability at 3/70 as well, Evelyn is squishy. You don’t need other 5* green cards to maximize Evelyn, any of the slow mana AOE heroes pack a massive hit after she’s fired (which she always does first anyways). And when they die, their high attack stat keeps the tile damage up.

I just used Mother in this last war and she brought two of my hero’s back and I was able to get the win…I love having her

2 Likes

MN as she works best to have max stats for her tankiness.

Evelyn is mainly for offense so you can control her special and probably combo with other greens.
Even with max stats her damage isnt great.

So tonics definitely goes to MN.

Tarlak is the best buffer for titans but similar to Evelyn, they are meant to strengthen the team as a whole. So at 3/70 for both would still work out.

MN on the other hand, places the survival of the team in her hands. So she must survive in order for the team to survive when in a dire situation. So her defense and HP are of extreme importance.

How many heroes bring back the dead?

only alby and mother north currently

Mother north is a Mother doomer.
Go with her … I think she if paired with Alby will be a hell Def on wings …