To much left up to chance

I have my F2P alt account I started a few years ago, that is mostly active when I go mercing. As @Elayanith commented, I also have an abundance of 4* AMs but no heros to use them on. I’ve even stopped completing Farholme etc, because I’ll never be able to use all those 4* AMs anyway.

Your odds of using your AMs depends on how your summons work out. I’ve had heroes I’ve been unable to ascend because I didn’t have the right materials for a YEAR.

My 5* roster has been skewed heavily Green throughout my time in the game, and there’s always a bottleneck on which one gets to ascend to the final tier.

Based on the math, getting no 5* off 220 spins is 0.4% chance to happen

Not to throw doubt on the op, but either the poster or SG aren’t being completely honest here

Usually with this type of complaint the OP doesn’t consider either HOTMs, S1 5s, or duplicates (or all of the above) as “new” 5s

Yep, and that’s why i said not being completely honest

They probably got Obakan and Richard and ignored it

For a year? Quests alone gives mats for maxing at least 2 5s in ayear

2 per colour i think you meant to say?

I can’t begin to say how thankful I am for this thread. As sad as this is to say, misery loves company, right? I’ve felt for a long time that my luck is subpar and I’ve explained that to my alliance. I decided to start recording my pulls and the last 315 pulls have gotten me 2 Gilligan, 1 Roughian, 1 Nemesis, 1 Morgan Le Fay, 1 Max, 1 Lianna, and 1 Quintus. Now I get it, I’m gambling and I basically lose more than most people. I knew what I was getting into, but it just really really sucks. Five stars have a pull rate of 3.8%, right? I should have pulled 12 five stars and I only got 8. I should have 50% more five stars than what I got!!! That’s just insane to me. What if I was on the other side of the luck train? I’d have double the five stars I got. Would be nice to be THAT guy.

Since the start of fated summon, the only five stars I’ve gotten of note are Nemesis, Ma’at, Khufu, and Hulda (maybe Max? He’s oooookay I guess). I’m currently sitting at 800 pulls since that time. Thanks fated for recording it for me.

My consolation prize for a 100 pulls of garbage is a choice of old heroes, including season 1 5 stars?! Just to pour salt in the wound, I took Skadi and Loki in the first two SE’s and now both are going to be offered in Fated. Yay luck! Both are actually winners on the fated list, just sucks the way it worked out. Would’ve been nice to have some other gem in there. I mean season one, come on? Why not jabberwock, white rabbit, finley, season 4? I think Fated one is better than fated two, minus Loki. Bleh… this game.

I can not support the mats claim. I am playing f2p for three years and a month.
47 fully ascended 5* heroes and a lot of mats.

Only darts are always missing, but yellow is my strongest color

One of my best 4* mats source are high level titans. You need to be in an active alliance for this. We are chaining 14* titans for over a year.

Happy gaming

That’s significant!

I’m in a small alliance and I may be the only one with 100% Titan attack participation. As a result, while we occasionally take down 5* Titans, we did just have a 3* escapee.

No sour grapes, just facts.

I doubt I’d leave the team I’m on. I joined by accident, and just never left. It’s zero pressure. In contrast, I was in an alliance in another (similar) game and got booted for non-participation…during the mass winter blackouts Texas had in 2021. No appeal possible.

Nothing similar happened in EP.

I understand your remark. When I started playing years ago it was easy to get all these things. For some reason they just dont come my way now. My first account started just after the game was launched so maybe that explains why. In the last year or so this has changed including lucky summons.

It just got tiring and since the third account is f2p I just gave up trying.

The other two are doing fine but being stronger they can get ascension mats through quest etc so they are viable and still enjoyable.

Are you not able to get mats from pve stuff in your f2p account? What sort of roster do you have?

The roster is full of 3 star a few good 4 star heroes. I cant even get mats for the 4 star heroes enough to ascend them before new and better heroes arrive. I cannot show the roster here because its on a different device .

It doesnt really matter, the account was created to fill out an alliance but it isn’t necessary any more. Was just sharing my personal experience. Maybe I dont play the game often enough to get what the others have got.

Ascension materials vary by colors and are randomly generated. After ascending 2 green 5* heroes, I waited a year to go from 5 to a 6th Mysterious Tonics to ascend Telluria to her 4th chevron. And in that time, I advanced 3 other 5* green heroes to 3/70. I’ve gotten a run on MTs in the past year, and have been able to ascend several 5* greens, though I’ve got 2 coming up and only 6 MTs.

In comparison, I’ve never had to wait to ascend any non-green heroes to their 4th chevron.

That may change this year, though, because I’ve gotten 6+ yellow 5* heroes the past 18 months.

Don’t rare quests cycle weekly? Shouldn’t you be able to get a Mysterious Tonic within 6-7 weeks? 2x Farnholme and each elemental?

1 Like

I don’t know what the cycle is, but I’m not kidding or delusional. My Telluria was stuck at 3/70 for over a year for want of a 6th MT.

And I don’t skip events.

OTOH, this WAS a while back. They may have tweaked the drop rates and/or random distribution a bit. That might explain why I don’t currently have a massive backlog of 5* greens at 3/70.

It could be. I mean if you’re talking about Telluria when she was first released 3 years ago and the rare quests weren’t as often. Someone might know off the top of their head, but I think they started becoming a weekly thing a couple of years ago? But with the rare schedule, I guess in worst case scenario you can ascend one hero of each color annually.

Color distribution is always a little odd. I kept getting yellows so I ended up tapped out on darts, but now I have caught up and have 12 waiting to be used. Conversely, I barely got any blues and greens so I have 39 telecopes and 41 tonics.

I didn’t get her right away. I had been getting my ■■■ handed to me for MONTHS by teams using her before I drew her. It may still have been before she was nerfed, though.

That doesn’t make sense. She was released in March 2020. By September-ish she was fully nerfed. The only time you could have pulled her at that point (after months of getting beat by her) is Atlantis as a featured or Tavern which was more than a year after Telluria was released. And if it was over a year before you could max her, you put 6 tonics into a nerfed telluria that was already 2 years old??

people need to understand that this is a like a trading card game, with worse odds and no means to sell/buy the cards you get of your “packs”