To all of those quitting

League of Legends heroes also awesome.

I’d be surprised if it wasn’t a compromise tbh.

People benefit from farming - you receive xp, troops, heroes and crafting items.

People that are further along than others are generally so because they’ve logged the hours (p2p vs FTP/c2p has been discussed enough and is a separate conversation. You spend money, you still pull heroes at 1-1 and you need fodder to level)

If there was a skip function with no cost associated, there’s no feeling of reward from farming and progress would mean less

1 Like

Oh, I always assumed a World energy cost for the level. I just meant: “This is always available to all players; if you’re strong enough to beat the level on auto, you win. Otherwise no.”

But I don’t mind the tickets. I might if I got them less frequently. And I won’t know how that feels till I stop VIP. :thinking:

2 Likes

Ah ok. Well yeah that makes sense.

Loot tickets is definitey better than nothing!

1 Like

Loot ticket is nothing. I am done with farming. Can not take this boring part anymore.

gentle voice

“…constructive [conversation]…” :wink:

1 Like

Rook, this thread is whining about whining. And it is not first such thread. It’s just expression

Actually no, read the OP; it is a satire. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s still expression. And I can’t see why satire can’t be a whining.

Look up “satire” and “humor”. It’s a riff on an existing item exposing the silliness of it.

^ an example from Hot Fuzz. The placement of this policemen’s head in the shot is “accidental” (the center of the board is about something else), but he also embodies everything on the wallboard behind him.

3 Likes

Does it solve any problem? In the best case it publicizes problem. But if problem is already known it’s just whining.

1 Like

Okay, I’m feeling a silly moment coming in, so feel free to laugh at me and ignore, but:

You’re complaining about a thread that makes fun of all the complaining about complaining…?

Are you participating? :wink:

5 Likes

I’ve just been sitting back and watching. The joke was lost on most folks. Others responded with just about as much grump/snark as expected.

Either way, I feel my points (while masked in my own brand of humor) were still valid. Its amazing to watch threads degenerate.

Thank you for being you, Rook.

2 Likes

Nope

I’m just telling that it can’t be constructive

The Forum exists for constructive discourse. I’ll continue to believe it exists. I’ve seen it here. Like a unicorn… :wink:

6 Likes

And we have a loop.

20 chars

1 Like

Acknowledging they have “tried” to implement and are working on implementing desires of their players is real and honest. The gap between suggestions and implementations is real also and will remain to exist.
Some choose to be optimistic and happy about implementations that are somewhat in the direction of our wishes. Others choose to be disappointed and mad, because the developers did not implement the wishes in the best way possible according to the opionion of their players. In the case of Loot Tickets it is monetization, which is a very sensitive topic already.

Being satisfied or not with the gap is a personal matter, is created by the decisions and actions (or better said none-existing-actions) of SGG and may at all times be expressed. I would say it is necessary to at all times be expressed, in order for problems to be publicized.

And this exactly causes all the complaining. Imagine you’re the boss of several employees. Ultimately, you set the standard of what flies and what doesn’t. You want your employees to come to you with concers, which you want to hear out. If these complaints are reasonable, you do what you can to solve these problems, which includes sharing them with people above you if you don’t have the power to solve them yourself.

Let’s refer to SGG as the boss and us players as employees in this example. SGG still has to create a clear way that we see that our concerns are heard and resolved. Polls, panel groups (besides Beta testers), skype calls, more active participation in this forum and whatever else you can come up with. Their transparency and clarity can be improved in favor of the feedback they will receive. I think that in this more transparant and clear way the complaints will be more constructive and will be written in a less frustrating context.

Why is constructivity and less frustration in my opinion more valuable and necessary?

1. Sometimes the need is obvious and sometimes it’s hidden deep inside our brains. To ask for something that fulfills our need requires figuring out what it is that we actually need. Doing so with frustration present in your mind often doesn’t provide the most beneficial answer.
  2. Constructiveness often causes you to convey your message in a respectful way, even though critical improvement points could have been described. It is then more inviting for other people to do things, it helps them to come over to our side and listen to us. The opposite, using language that can be interpreted as disrespectful or demanding, often puts people on the defensive. Every player and Developer are people. They have feelings and are more likely to respond on messages which creates connection and empathy. Therefore constructiveness will more likely encourage others to solve a problem.

But I could be wrong…maybe unconstructive complaints are necessary to ensure that constructive complaints are brought to the attention more quickly. #devsrespondtoavicious :thinking: So keep quitting and whining for all of our sakes. :smile:

P.S.!

Nothing is less true!

I rarely come across suggestions that improve our “game-life” AND respect SGG’s turnover. Yes, they may (and maybe should) want to earn less on different aspects of the game, but a suggestion with a combination of both will be more inviting in my opinion.

5 Likes

Constructive is useful. Please, don’t bring pseudo philosophy to the word meaning.

Yes.

2 Likes