Titans: Grades, Loot Tiers, and You

I don’t have time to do the same breakdown as a I did above for 3/4 mats separately (or for all the other loot categories, for that matter!), but I can tell you:

• I’ve received 4 or 5 times more 3* unfarmables than 4*.
  • I’m fairly certain that ham and iron drops depend on your storage capacity, rather than titan loot tier, but there could be some tier factor built into that too.
  • Crafting mat rolls: 2 for tiers V - VIII, 3 for tiers IX - X, 4 for tiers XI - XII, 5 for tier XIII, 6 for tiers XIV - XV, and 7 for tiers XVI - XVII. I don’t know about tier XVIII yet.
  • Battle item rolls increase as you go up the tiers too, but the numbers are way murkier.
  • Gems seem to increase slowly as you go up the tiers, but the data is noisy. Same for summon tokens (including ETT and EHT), and trainer heroes.
  • Not enough flasks received to have useful data.

Hope this helps!

4 Likes

How many ascension rolls are there on the highest loot tiers on those new 13s and 14s?

1 Like
  1. Even on rare 14s.
2 Likes

So I thought the grade went by your damage number but in terms of where you ranked…so I thought A+ is number 1 of course, 2-5 is A, 6-10 is B, 10-20 is C and below 20 is D…interesting. Thanks for breaking this down.

Been some discussion amongst friends. Figured i would bring it to a bigger audience and see if i missed something

Does anyone have data or any kind of proof at all that the %chance of better mats increases with each loot tier/grade?

I’ve only seen claims that it doesn’t – the only improved chance comes from getting more drops of mats, and those increases are not on each tier, just a few specific ones.

I haven’t seen their data, mind.

1 Like

… and that made me go looking for data, and I found this: Setting Expectations: Titan Drops & Elemental Chests (updated)

I haven’t analyzed it, and skimming, I don’t see that anyone else has analyzed it with respect to AM quality per loot tier, but the data is there, so should be easy enough.

1 Like

See above: Titans: Grades, Loot Tiers, and You - #232 by gregschen

@Sidhekin @Rigs

Personally, I’ve been trying to corroborate a similar effect for the bonus mat roll on rares (and in fact that’s part of the “discussing with friends” that Rigs mentioned above).

Couldn’t understand it even if I had a masters in physics and mathematics…

Pretty simple

Grades
A+=3
A= 2
B= 1
C = 0

Titan level
14, 13, 12, 11, 10, etc

Loot Tier = Titan Level + Grade#
17(loot tier) = 14*(titan level) + 3(A+)
17 = 14 + 3

D loot tier is titan level ÷ 2
14 ÷ 2 = 7 in this case

3 Likes

Doesn’t cover escapees. I guess it’s the rounding and conditionals that is not covered in that masters. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Just dont have any escapes lol

But if they do, loot tier is the last thing they should be concerned about. Think how to kill the next at a reasonable time is all that matters at that point

1 Like

I’m only recently intrested on gaining a better tier level since now my rooster starts allowing it.

We are now fighting against 5 star titans.
So most of us have tier loot 6 till 8, so every one has 2 ascension mats.
However is the chance for having a better ascension item higher for tier 8 than tier 6?
If not, it does not matter if you have grade B, A or A+ with a 5star titan?

@Kerpen I don’t think there has been any evidence that higher tiers have better rewards. Higher tiers just have more chances. Loot tier 9 is the next threshold you’ll want to cross to get 3 chances for AM. Then it doesn’t change until tier 14, I think

Ok i see thanks. I would have thought it would go incremental steps.
Anyway then i netter have to think to switch Alliance to have a shot at tier 9+.

1 Like

A bunch of us are collecting data to answer all of these questions. If you’d like to contribute, look here: https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/titan-loot-you-a-data-farming-project-preliminary-results/

2 Likes

@Kerpen

As far as I know, it hasn’t been PROVEN that higher loot tiers have a higher % chance of non-farmable asc mats on a per-roll basis, but I do believe there’s at least a consensus that it’s so, and I expect it to soon be verified via the project @paul1 just linked to.

For what it’s worth, I’ve been tracking titan loot data myself for almost a year and a half now (on two accounts), and my data does indeed show a slow but steady increase in the % chance of a non-farmable appearing on a per-roll basis. My sample size isn’t big enough for statistical confidence, but that’s the point of the above project, of course.

@Mr.Spock fyi

Edit: Point being, there probably IS value in reaching a higher loot tier, even if it doesn’t cross the threshold from two asc mat rolls to three (or three to four, obvs).

1 Like

@gregschen cool I’ll have to check out that project.

From your data, do you see a “sweet spot” threshold to be above or does it appear to be a more linear progression? Usually I’m getting loot tier 9, 10, or more rarely 11.

Looks pretty linear to me.

2 Likes

Ok thank you. Then indeed i Should focus to have at least tier 9. Probably have to change Alliance for that…

Judt for clarification. The titan score does not mather on the chances in a tier?
So A+ on 4star titan has the same tier as A score on a 5 star titan. And in that tier Both player have the same change to have an ascension mat?