Titans: Grades, Loot Tiers, and You

Off topic

But do you have wilbur?

It sounds like you are punching above you weigh class. If that’s the case, Wilbur can keep you team alive for long enough to do more damage

1 Like

I started tracking my main account on 6/1/18, and my alt account on 11/14/18.

It’s possible, for sure. But without any reason to believe it’s so, I can only assume it’s not.

Sure, ideally. And the project being discussed above should be able to accomplish that if enough people participate.

TRUE lol

1 Like

In terms of mat rolls, yes, it would be a lateral move. But the limited evidence we do have shows that the chance of non-farmables (on a per-roll basis) is higher in higher loot tiers, so it would be a positive move for you in that regard. We’re talking VERY small percentages though. If you like the group you’re in, that’s probably more valuable than the tiny loot improvement you’d get by making a move at this point.

1 Like

Those 4* heroes can survive 10* titan hits with turtle banners and axe attacks

1 Like

@gregschen Thanks so much for posting your titan loot data. It’s nice to see things broken up by tiers to get a better sense of how loot actually gets better. I noticed you’ve lumped all the unfarmable ascension materials together. Would you be able to share your data with the 3* and 4* ascension materials separated? I’d be curious to see the gap between these two types of materials, as well as their rate increases by loot tier.

I’ve been wondering about the other drops too (food, iron, battle, etc.) are these rates getting better by loot tiers you think?

Loot tier

All titan loot appears to be based on titan loot tier but less important than ascension items so less discussion.

Food and iron may also be influenced by base food and iron storage ( see notes ).

Wanted Mission Titan chest

Wanted Mission Titan chest is influenced by base food and iron storage amount.

Mercing

If mercing was not heavily nerfed, it would be easier to gather this data.

Beta

Since Beta is a critical bug test, and not a “God Mode” Quality Assurance test, it is not as helpful for testing.

Key tiers

You really want to test tiers 1, 5, 9 and 14 for factors.

Notes

Click for notes

Parts

(Titan Parts Loot Tier Drop Tracking – show me your drops)

Old research

Tier IX – 12/13 Rolls (1 Food, 1 Iron, 3 ingredients, 3 ascension materials, 3/1 battle items, 1 gem, 0/1 token/hero/flask)

Loot tables

Base storage

FIN

I don’t have time to do the same breakdown as a I did above for 3/4 mats separately (or for all the other loot categories, for that matter!), but I can tell you:

• I’ve received 4 or 5 times more 3* unfarmables than 4*.
  • I’m fairly certain that ham and iron drops depend on your storage capacity, rather than titan loot tier, but there could be some tier factor built into that too.
  • Crafting mat rolls: 2 for tiers V - VIII, 3 for tiers IX - X, 4 for tiers XI - XII, 5 for tier XIII, 6 for tiers XIV - XV, and 7 for tiers XVI - XVII. I don’t know about tier XVIII yet.
  • Battle item rolls increase as you go up the tiers too, but the numbers are way murkier.
  • Gems seem to increase slowly as you go up the tiers, but the data is noisy. Same for summon tokens (including ETT and EHT), and trainer heroes.
  • Not enough flasks received to have useful data.

Hope this helps!

4 Likes

How many ascension rolls are there on the highest loot tiers on those new 13s and 14s?

1 Like
  1. Even on rare 14s.
2 Likes

So I thought the grade went by your damage number but in terms of where you ranked…so I thought A+ is number 1 of course, 2-5 is A, 6-10 is B, 10-20 is C and below 20 is D…interesting. Thanks for breaking this down.

Been some discussion amongst friends. Figured i would bring it to a bigger audience and see if i missed something

Does anyone have data or any kind of proof at all that the %chance of better mats increases with each loot tier/grade?

I’ve only seen claims that it doesn’t – the only improved chance comes from getting more drops of mats, and those increases are not on each tier, just a few specific ones.

I haven’t seen their data, mind.

1 Like

… and that made me go looking for data, and I found this: Setting Expectations: Titan Drops & Elemental Chests (updated)

I haven’t analyzed it, and skimming, I don’t see that anyone else has analyzed it with respect to AM quality per loot tier, but the data is there, so should be easy enough.

1 Like

See above: Titans: Grades, Loot Tiers, and You - #232 by gregschen

@Sidhekin @Rigs

Personally, I’ve been trying to corroborate a similar effect for the bonus mat roll on rares (and in fact that’s part of the “discussing with friends” that Rigs mentioned above).

Couldn’t understand it even if I had a masters in physics and mathematics…

Pretty simple

Grades
A+=3
A= 2
B= 1
C = 0

Titan level
14, 13, 12, 11, 10, etc

Loot Tier = Titan Level + Grade#
17(loot tier) = 14*(titan level) + 3(A+)
17 = 14 + 3

D loot tier is titan level ÷ 2
14 ÷ 2 = 7 in this case

3 Likes

Doesn’t cover escapees. I guess it’s the rounding and conditionals that is not covered in that masters. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Just dont have any escapes lol

But if they do, loot tier is the last thing they should be concerned about. Think how to kill the next at a reasonable time is all that matters at that point

1 Like

I’m only recently intrested on gaining a better tier level since now my rooster starts allowing it.

We are now fighting against 5 star titans.
So most of us have tier loot 6 till 8, so every one has 2 ascension mats.
However is the chance for having a better ascension item higher for tier 8 than tier 6?
If not, it does not matter if you have grade B, A or A+ with a 5star titan?

@Kerpen I don’t think there has been any evidence that higher tiers have better rewards. Higher tiers just have more chances. Loot tier 9 is the next threshold you’ll want to cross to get 3 chances for AM. Then it doesn’t change until tier 14, I think