Titans: Grades, Loot Tiers, and You

There may not be justification for the alliance as a whole to drop titan levels, but my suggestion is you approach titans in a way that is fun for you.

Presuming you like your alliance mates and want to stick around with them, I’d shift your mindset on titans.

Use more sustainable items. Don’t worry as much about rankings. Titans come ever 23 hours, if every one is a slog for you, you’ll eventually burn out.

And in the meantime, it’s nice you have some luck in spots, like the elemental chests.

The RNG in this game can drive you batty. In fact it’s kind of a guarantee that it does for everyone at some point. So I think it’s helpful to work on what you can, enjoy the company of teammates, and find ways to make the journey fun, since it’s a long and slow one. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

The feeling that members scoring low on titans are rewarded better than titan killers is very widespread, but its explanation is in numbers, not in SG conspiracies or bad luck (well luck is always there, but in this case numbers play a very major role).
Even in my alliance we call it the A+ curse, cause top hitters rarely get anything, while there’s always someone posting on our Discord channel super loots from C scores: I got a Royal Tabard myself yesterday for a C.
By the way, back to numbers: consider the last example where I got an unfarmable 4* from a C score on a 11* titan.

• point 1. Against 11* titans, A+ gets 4 rolls for ascension mats (AM), while all the other get 3 rolls, unless you score D
  • point 2. Roughly half the alliance will always get C or worse. This is due to the fact that B is given to members hitting better than the average (3.3% of titan health that is total/30), so anyone who hits below the average (about half the alliance, every time, that’s math) will get C or D
  • point 3. Let’s assume to make calculations easier that 2 members score D and that the probability of getting any unfarmable AM (UFAM) is 1/20 with each AM roll.

Now, there’s only 1 A+ member, he gets 4 AM rolls, chances of getting no UFAM = (1 - 1/20)^4 = 81.5%, expected UFAM = 1/20 * 4 = 0.2 (respectively chances of 0 successes and average of successes in a binomial distribution).
On the other hand there are 13 C scorers (half alliance minus 2 D scorers), each getting 3 AM rolls for a total of 39 rolls: chances of getting no UFAM = (1 - 1/20) ^ 39 = 13.5%, expected UFAM = 1/20 * 39 = 1.95.
However, if you consider any of those C scorers alone he gets no UFAM (1- 1/20) ^ 3 = 85.7% of the times and expects 0.15 UFAM per kill.

To conclude, we’ll see UFAM in A+ loot once every 5 killed titans, while C scorers will on average call 2 UFAM per kill, but this does not mean that the A+ is cursed, he is the player that has undoubtedly the best chances of being rewarded.

So the hallucination comes from the fact the low scorers are a horde compared to the lone A+ hitter, so even if they get worse loots singularly they all contribute together in the game chat to highlight how many wonders they got.

It goes without saying that if you add the B scorers (about 10 on average) within the pool of low hitters, the perception becomes even more distorted.

6 Likes

That made perfect sense, I thank you for the clarity.

That post is over a year old, and I don’t think anyone is trying to be insulting. People can disagree in good faith on what is easy or hard to understand. But I can see why the post might bother you.

There are many of us here who would be happy to help work through figuring out loot tiers and loot rolls with you. Is there a particular part of the description that isn’t making good sense for you?

4 Likes

Sorry my apologies. Yep I am way late to the finding article. I just figured it was still opened so as to why not closed who knows. Thanks for your reply. Again my apologies. I wasn’t trying to wrongful jump to conclusions. It just sucks sometimes not being able to understand what average people can. Also, thanks. I was just trying to affirm if it is indeed correct if I get a c rating on a 10* is that really equal to a A+ loot on a 7*. Also , somebody told me higher up in strength titans a lower rating can get a 3 tier loot. Is that false and only A+?

No worries. We’ve all got subjects that are real sore spots for us. :slight_smile: I just wanted to assure you that I didn’t think there was any ill intent in that post.

It’s absolutely right that a C on a 10* produces the same number of ascension material rolls as an A+ on a 7*. Sounds like you got it perfectly!

All titans drop a mix of 1* through 4* ascension materials for everyone, A+ through D. Usually, you get 1* or 2* stuff like Training Manuals–no matter how strong the titan or how well you did. But with stronger titains, you get more rolls, even at a C.

Because of this, you are more likely to get a 3* or 4* item with a C on a strong titan than with a C on a weak one. It’s just like flipping a coin: the more times you flip it, the more likely you are to get at least one heads.

In case you might find it helpful, there’s a picture in this post that shows which grades on which titans produce the same number of loot rolls:

If you go down a column, every entry in that column is at the same loot tier. So if you go down the middle column, you can see the case we were talking about: a C on a 10* is the same as a B on a 9*, or an A on an 8*, or an A+ on a 7*.

Did that cover everything you were wondering about?

4 Likes

Yes only on a 9 star I notice I don’t get good ascension items. On a 10* got two trap tools between two. So are you saying a c on a 10* is a a+ on a 7*. That a b on a 7* is a c on a 9*?

The drop rate for 4* ascension items is very low no matter what the titain rating. Even for a 12*, you’re going to get less than 1 for every 20 titans you kill.

An A on a 7* is the same as a C on a 9*. There’s no equivalent on a 9* for a B on a 7*.

2 Likes

One extremely nit-picky refinement to this: there’s no equivalent on a 9* for a B on a Regular 7*. Getting a B ranking on a Rare 7* would be equivalent to a C on a 9*.

3 Likes

Thanks you both helped me out tremendously. Now as long as these messages remain I’m set to go! I can get forgetful sometimes so reflecting back on notes or messages helps.

2 Likes

They’re not going anywhere! :slight_smile:

If you’d like to make them easier to find when you want to come back to a post, the forum has a built-in bookmarking feature, once you tap the three horizontal dots under a post:

5 Likes

Once you bookmark it - see zephyr1 above - you can find it again by searching titan loot in:bookmarks

5 Likes

Thanks. Not now but future preference not trying to be a pain but is there a way to get a deeper in depth break down. Like okay a - b rating for a 7* rare is the equivalent of a c - rating on a 9* and a c- rating on a 10* is the equivalent of a c-rating on a 9* but like what about a 8* and a 11 & 12* titan? There like I don’t think need anything below 8* and we likely will bounce for now between 9*/10* but eventually I am assuming will get to a 11* & 12 * longer along the way.

You can save off this picture. Every column is the same loot tier:

(Thanks @Rook!)

5 Likes

Thanks! Though a little confusing still trying to connect the dots a little how it’s referencing a previous ranking on a lower titan to higher one. But I don’t want to be a bother so I’ll try figuring it out.

To give an example from the image @Garanwyn posted, you read down a column, and all of those are the same loot tier, so, for example, all of these are the same (column D):

• 9* – C
  • 8* – B
  • 7* – A
  • 6* – A+

Basically every star level you drop means you have to rank one grade higher for the same loot.

2 Likes

If you look at the column with an E at the top, you can see it has:

10* C
And then below that
9* B
And then below that
8* A
And so on

That means that a C on a 10* gives the same loot roll as a B on a 9*, or an A on an 8*.

If you find a given titain and grade (say, 10* C) in the chart, you can go up or down the column to find all the other titain * and grades that give the same loot.

4 Likes

one easy benchmark to remember is Tier 9, always shoot for at LEAST tier 9. This will give 3 chances of the low-percentage ‘roll’ needed for 3* and 4* ascension mats. Compared to tier 8 and below, which only gives 2. This 50% increase REALLY makes a difference over the long haul. :wink:

7 Likes

Forgive me if this has already been answered in this thread, but I really don’t want to read through every single post…

Does the same formula apply to rare titans? My alliance just took down our first 9* rare, a Thunder Unicorn. I got the A+ ranking, which on a 9* should be loot tier 12, correct? I may be misremembering, but I could have sworn I got loot tier 13.

Am I missing something, or do I just need new glasses?

Rare titans give loot tiers equivalent to a Regular titan rated one star higher.

2 Likes

Cookie Settings