Titan rule on getting the best loot possible

I was in an alliance that had 30 members hit and nobody got rare loot. Admittedly some of them were C grade on a 5-6* titan, but it was still nobody.

Recently, I did get the bonus loot on a rare titan from an A grade, so it can happen anywhere. It’s just more likely to happen on a lower grade, mainly because there are more lower grades.

So, basically, we’re all in agreement on the following…

• Bonus item is not guaranteed
  • Higher score may give you access to higher loot tier, but it depends on the level of the titan
  • Regardless of loot tier level, we’re still all at the mercy of RNG

Sound about right?

9 Likes

That sounds about right. Also I’ve never seen a rare titan under 5*. I’ve spent most of my 18 months in small alliances of two or just me. I could be wrong, but yeah. The option to be alone and collect the item yourself won’t work. You’d need hundreds of flasks to get up to and stay at a five star to get a chance. Not that you’d get it anyway…

1 Like

Yeah, I’m pretty sure minimum level for a rare titan is 5*.

And as good as I am at smacking titans, I don’t think I’m good enough to take down a 5* on my own. Probably more realistically 3* at best.

Either way… bonus item is still just a bonus roll. Never actually guaranteed for anyone.

3 Likes

We’ve been chaining 14* titans and someone Always gets the bonus 4* AM. Are 14* titans the exception? Idk :woman_shrugging: In fact, every 14* titan drops someone a 4*AM.

Absolutely correct! OK who are you, and what have you done with @TGW? :smile:.

2 Likes

He can be helpful, and is often correct. He’s just calm right now.

So, it’s still @TGW , he’s just jumped the snark.

3 Likes

I have been beating 14*s for a while now and there have been the occasional rare titans where no one got the bonus loot. It happens. Just like some horror stories I have heard of doing 300 pulls and not getting the HOTM. Statistically anything can happen because RNG says so.

Interesting :thinking:. We share ss of loot, so idk :woman_shrugging:.

LOL I’ve been trying to be more helpful, at least with some of the newbieish questions that I actually know the answer to. Just don’t ask me any difficult questions. :laughing:

It’s possible that the 14* titans have a higher chance to roll the bonus, but at the 5* level, I’d estimate it’s somewhere between 3-5% chance per person, based on loosely tracking my own alliance’s data. Which means that if you have a 30 person alliance, pretty good chance that at least one person will get the bonus. But in a small 14 person group like mine? Half the time we get diddly squat. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

What happened to the “loot category” displayed when the titan is defeated or escapes? Since the update it is not on the display anymore!! What is the idea behind that? More RNG forcing up in our throats by zynga management taking over -lol-?

That loot tier?

1 Like

No, before the update it was mentioned what the level was like f.e. A, B, C, D

Only thing that matters is the loot tier number. An A+ on a 5* doesn’t mean the same as an A+ on a 10*. Don’t even worry about the grade level. The loot tier number is what matters.

When the titan escapes, it’s basically an F for the entire alliance anyway.

You might be right, they might have given grades for escaped titans before. But even then, escaped titans never gave anyone an A+. Everyone’s loot tier gets reduced when the titan escapes.

Just double checked that firsthand to verify, since we just had a titan escape (on purpose - titan was higher level than the ones we normally kill, and plus he was really mean! so we let him escape on purpose). I can’t recall whether or not escaped titans gave a grade rating or not.

2 Likes

Have to admit I haven’t noticed any changes. I only remember the performance ranking (B in my case for this titan shown), and the loot tier ranking. What other metric are you thinking of?

1 Like

Well, you used to have your own score and the one for the group… something like a performance ranking I am guessing?! Cannot remember as such but thanks peeps…