Titan Loot Project - A Data Farming Project! Answering "What can/could I get from the Titan?"

Your the best ! Thank you for all your hard work!

3 Likes

I don’t like your data…it doesn’t support my wild conspiracies about scoring lower titan hits providing better loot.

I shall now proceed to make “rage” titan loot is rigged posts about said theory but not have enough motivation or wherewithal to conduct my own analysis/data collection.

:kissing_heart: great work :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

I did consider it but was mainly:
A) trying to get the stuff all published quicker
B) keeping the results near
C) trying to keep the post concise.
D) most people reading won’t know/ be able to accurately interpret confidence intervals

If you’re interested all the data & summary stuff is in the Excel Sheet linked in the OP so people are welcome to run it themselves if they’re keen.

5 Likes

Thank you for all your efforts on this project. I personally thought you were craaazy at the time undertaking such a task and having to collate, summarise and make sense of it all. But wahoo! You did it.

I was wrong, I admit. You weren’t craaazy you were insane! Incidentally, I do appreciate your hard work - You Rock :trophy:.

3 Likes

Damn fine report. Love it, keep up the hard work for us fans!

5 Likes

I just realized that I have a lot more tier 7 and below data from the days of my main account in the old alliance. And we were hitting higher level titans, so a lot more tier 7 cases, not just when I got A+ grade.
The problem is they are all screenshots - one of those I will put the data in the excel spread sheet…
BTW, what is your opinion on resources? I havent run any analysis yet, but seems like it is determined by the storage capacity, rather than loot tier?

The drop-off in 3* ascension materials from Tier 8 through 9 & 10 is surprising… (though it doesn’t quite show up in my personal data with 320 titans in those tiers). Is that for real, or some oddity (like the 20% “total” for Trainers & Flasks in Tier II)?

1 Like

Yeah there wasn’t any real correlation between the the loot tier & resources gained

Based on the trend seen, Its likely a small skewing of the results. More data would help ironing it out BUT you can see the trend/pattern in the Ascension Materials

You’ll note that I said in the “Loot Tier / Data Count” section that some of the tiers had very limited data:

Thanks for all your hard work! Amazing job. the data entry form was really fun to use. I’m kinda sad that there’s no longer really any point to submitting data. Great work :wink:

1 Like

Awesome job and thank you for reaching out to alliances to help with projects like this because it really is a nonstop learning growing numbers game of chances :clap::clap::clap::clap::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::rofl::ok_hand:

1 Like

Thx for the work and share it also on reddit :slight_smile:

I took a look at your data, and noticed something interesting:

For some items (gems, ascension mats, crafting mats) what you get changes by loot tier, and the pattern is obvious, not a small subtle difference at all.

Titan parts come in different numbers according to loot tier, but the distribution only seems to change due to sampling of the RNG – as you indicated, the distribution doesn’t change.

There is less data (since you only get 0 or 1, instead of multiple titan parts per titan), but when it comes to loot tickets, summon tokens, and trainer heroes, it looks to me like the differences per tier for them are probably RNG noise, like titan parts – I suggest that they probably don’t vary by tier.

2 Likes

Yeah, that was sorta the conclusion I was going towards with the tokens and flasks. Just hard to tell cause the % are so small that any noise blows it outta the water.

Tickets there’s something of a trend; tho I wouldn’t ever class Titans as a secure source of Loot Tickets :rofl:

This a very important observation. So you can not get 4* asc items below Loot tier VIII …this refers to grade C on 8* titan. So the goal would be getting to 8* titans constantly.

In that following graphics what is meant by “3*rare” ?

Thx 4 your work and effort putting this together :+1:

1 Like

3* rare = unfarmable 3* materials :slight_smile:

Updated the OP a little to make that clearer.

3 Likes

This is interesting but I think sadly the sample size is to small over here to get a valid conclusion.

As far as I know at least 1 player per alliance always gets that bonus item. Is it true or did cases exist where no one got it? Is it possible that at least 2 players got that bonus item?

Nup, total misnomer. There’s nothing to prove or state that someone HAS to get the bonus item…

The game is all about chances… There is a CHANCE that nobody will get the item and a CHANCE that everyone will…

Realistically, it falls somewhere in the middle :slight_smile: some will get it; most will not.

1 Like

Alright. So will have closer look to your collected data again.

no, check my post above with a screenshot.

I only see trap tools. That’s just a 3* ascension item.