Titan Lock / Skip Titan option / Let leaders prevent members from attacking the titan / Stop attacking Titan button / Disable or turn off Titan button

If only it worked that way

3 Likes

Thereā€™s already a great option where a leader can ā€œkickā€ a player out of an alliance if theyā€™re not being a team player.

Does in my allience because they know I leave messages, notices and tips there so they read it, since there is a notice in chat that the description has been changed then they all see it when they log on.
SIMPLES!

at the 12 hours point, when we decide we are going to let the titan go because we know we canā€™t kill it, someone that has 3 hits can use their 3 hits for practice and still be full flags when the next titan appears. also, if you prevent someone from hitting the titan, if they have not hit the titan at all yet, then they wonā€™t get the titan escaped loot.

2 Likes

I have to say there is another danger with the request. In addition to the fact that people only have 3 attacks and a twelve hours cycle for attacks you are unfortunately losing the most precious resource in the game which would be time in this case. TO EACH ALLIANCE THEIR OWN, but I can say speaking as a co-leader that while it might annoy me if someone does hit a titan when it (probably) will escape, it would be a lot worse if you have someone who is a top hitter not get any loot because of the issue. Also keep in mind that you never know when someone may have that one rare board and do well above average damage. Developers if you get a chance please heavily consider NOT ADDING a total lock out on titans for this reason.

Hi, a good point, and something I omitted to say was that in our alliance hitting the Titan daily is mandatory and members know and expect to be kicked if they donā€™t. If we call to stop hitting at the 12hr mark and someone has not scored then of course we expect them to take their three hits to get their participation loot. In the same way if we have killed the Titan by the 12hr mark and they have zero hits we donā€™t kick them because they may have been asleep.

As has been pointed out each alliance to their own and this is all part of clear communication of what is expected of members.

I searched the forum and did not see a topic on this matterā€¦ If it has not been discussed, Iā€™d like to bring up the idea of alliance leadership being able to physically ā€œretreatā€ on a Titan battle. E&P is so limited with alliance communication in game, that it is frustrating when a stop loss order is put out on a Titan, to preserve flags and allow the Titan to escape, and members do not see the communication and waste their flags. This then carries over detrimentally into the next Titan battle, where people go in empty on flags. I think it could be a simple addition to the settings that Leaders and Co-Leaders can select and elect to ā€œretreatā€ causing the Titan to immediately escape, and therefore no more hits can be made in error on it. This shouldnā€™t affect the next Titan, and it should spawn at the same time as it would if the Titan escapes naturally on itā€™s own. I think this is a small, but highly valuable tool for alliance leadership to be able to carry out stragety effectively & precisely. Iā€™m really interested to hear others thoughts on this matter, and look forward to some discussion! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Agreed or otherwise make a notice board that allow all member to read, not just chat so the message is not burried with other conversation.

2 Likes

We do use our banner to put our Titan orders upā€¦ however it is still easily over lookedā€¦ especially for those members that hop on quickly and want to hurry up and use their flagsā€¦

3 Likes

Great idea. Out of votes or youā€™d get mine.

3 Likes

Thanks!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Yes sometimes they just ignored all ;/
than I will gave u all my rest voted, if I can.

1 Like

Voted. Excellent suggestion.

1 Like

Interesting idea, but I donā€™t think I can support it. The fact is there are often issues where titans arenā€™t going down, but people still need to hit. Case and point imagine a situation where, as a co-leader, one saw there was no way a titan could be taken down. However, they had all their flags and let the leadership know they could still hit for sake of loot. The harsh reality when it comes to titans, even those who escape, is that if you donā€™t hit at all you get no loot. This means that if a ā€œHardLockā€ existed and a selfish leader decided to block the titan they might stop true progress of those who still need it.
The fact is in an alliance if someone doesnā€™t get any lootrole because of ā€œRetreatā€ before a titan can be hit the leadership has completely shut out their opportunity to get anything. This might deny them the one orb or even one darts, rings etc. that they needed.
Case and point I have pulled Ascension items on escaped titans and been able to better help my alliance because of them in future. I will agree that if everyone who has hit with less than 2 hrs left suggests it using the alliance banner, chat, discord, line etc would be a good option, but we already have an option for dealing with players who are selfish and or donā€™t hit using titan retreat to punish those who canā€™t get online frequently is not a way to achieve this. Please consider this before you cast your votes.

3 Likes

I think you have a very valid point. Of course everyone should get a hit in to get escape loot. As with everything, a feature can be abused. If youā€™re in an Alliance with a leader that would do such a thing, then you are under terrible leadership and a setting like the one Iā€™ve suggested doesnā€™t change that fact. However, being a Co myself, I know that if at the 12-9 hour mark we have no ability to take a Titan down, I have to look at the alliance as a whole and the greater good. If there are a few members that will loose out on minimal escspe loot, but the possible gain of rare Titan loot being our next (you can usually predict when youā€™re due for one) then by all means I would choose to retreat so that my alliance would get the greater benefit. Also, while I might make the decision at the 12-9 hour mark that it will be a retreat, I may still wait until the 6 hour mark to initiate the actual retreat, so that there is ample opportunity for those members to get in hits while still preserving our ability to go into the next Titan fully flagged. Some are worth fighting until the bitter end and resting the next. For exampleā€¦we fight a rare until last 2 hours and state our next WILL be a retreat, get your hits in before 10 hours. Our members will know in advance. As with everything, concessions cannot be made for every single member of an alliance otherwise there would be no progress.

1 Like

I would actually want this to wars too. I hate, when players attack, when we are waiting for teams to be revived. Would make leader job much easier. Now you need to post chat every 10 minutes to not attack. Most of us know the rules, but in hurry those might be unread sometimes. :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™m for this idea wholeheartedly. The only real control alliance leadership has over anything is demotions or kicks. Which really isnā€™t control, itā€™s just punishment.

3 Likes

Agreed, but I would only want to have this available after the titan clock passes 12 hours remaining. Maybe allow for 1 hit if someone hasnā€™t gotten a hit in the titan yet? Or, once that option is chosen, everyone in the alliance gets at least the lowest possible escaped tier reward.

2 Likes

I think this idea has already been put forward here:

and I voted for that.

1 Like

Thanks for adding that discussion feedā€¦I guess the key words I searched with did not bring this up in my search.

1 Like