Titan Damage Boosters: Miki vs. Tarlak vs. Ranvir vs. Wu Kong vs. Guardian Gazelle

Thanks guys, will update a section to include :slight_smile:

Alrighty updated to include a section about the DAMAGE BOOST. I set the Attack & Defence at an arbitrary value of 500 & 400 (respectively) with a theta modifier of 1.35. Thanks @Math-Teacher and @samoapop.

Also added in about miki’s caveat (thanks @Sid3ways). Forgot it as I never use miki outside titans :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’m probably just dense, but do the numbers account for stacking? For instance, let’s say we bring Tarlak and four purples for a yellow titan. With the calculation as-is, each purple tile is doing 4 x 348 (1392) damage. But if we add the four purple heros together, it should be 2239 damage, right?

Not sure exactly how the colour stacking works in…

I think it may actually be adding all the attacks together inside the bracket…

So the formula would become:
Damage = 100 * (((Attack 1 + attack 2 + attack 3 + attack 4) * [attack buff]) / (defence))^1.35 * [number of tiles] * (1 - [miss chance])

Again not 100% sure. It will likely be covered in the damage calculation thread linked above.

1 Like

One thing you didn’t mention is that Wu Kong also increases your special attack as well, not just tiles. I am not sure if Raniv is similar, but the others only increase normal tile damage/slash attacks. That would be a Pro for Wu Kong.

For all of them, I think considerations should also be made for what happens when you have two additional heroes that have attack buffers, which are stackable? For example, if you were to add Boldtusk, it’s an extra 48% given to all heroes, which can be stacked with Ravnir, Wu Kong, Tarlak, and Miki. If you add in Zimkitha, it maxes the attack buffer available to 160% and 170% respectively for those affected by Tarlak and Miki’s special.

Here’s an analysis of Boldtusk with Tarlak I ran into a few months back:

1 Like

That is the theory, in practice, both Ranvir and Wu fail 35%, but globally, they are designed to fail the strong chip much more than the weak ones, so it is usual to see, against purple, for example, how all fails the yellow chips, all even with diamond and none with worthless colors. In addition, the game is designed so that, wherever you put it, the Titan searches for it and kills it, before others. There is no better proof of this than to see how in alliances, the first positions of titan are covered by those that have miki. They will deny it, but it is like that and it has always worked that way.

Personally never noticed this in my many many months of killing titans… Wu Kong and/or Miki have as much of a chance of being hit as any other from my experience

2 Likes

Well I have Wu Kong,Ranvir 3/70, Miki 4/80 +5 and I don’t have Tarlak but I can say that , Ranvir do big difference without any mana pot ,Wu Kong dose almost same damage as Ranvir but slightly less but he doesn’t live long enough and Miki is about useless without mana pot because it takes half a minute to charge him and then he do something except when you start with good bord from beginning but usually don’t. So I always get better scor With Ranvir then Miki because he charge fast on Titan and Miki of course is brilliant for bosses on event’s and sometimes in raids

I’m just stating the maths.

I don’t have ranvir and never ever ever ever would draw for him (didn’t do any summons in the month that he was HotM). Even if I did get him I’d never ever ever level him…

But that’s just me.

P.s. I love my Miki :wink: even if I use 1-2 small mana pots to charge him… Still average in the 40-60k area vs. 12* titans :wink:

5.75? When I use ravnir with a diamond activating 13 tiles they all miss

1 Like

Yeah, I’m also so disappointed in Ranvir, I don’t mind the darts because I had about 30 of then when I pulled him and none yellow 5* to do, but I slightly overspent to get him. To make things worse I didn’t get Miki on my main, only on alt which I don’t care about so much.

1 Like

@Guvnor Great Writeup!!! I learned alot. Do you have comparisons of other heros? I’d love to read them. :wink:

Rereading this I see that you state both Wu and Ranvir have “chance to miss also applies to offensive special skills.”

It says this on Wu’s card but not on Ranvir’s. Does this apply to Ranvir even though it’s not stated on his card?

It doesn’t not say it either. I’m pretty sure that the chance to miss applies to special skills also, but can’t say for certain as I don’t own Ranvir.

As the owner of a Ranvir… yes specials miss too. My Peters missed his silence three times in a row on a Kraken. Terrible waste of mana pots. :man_facepalming:t2::man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

That’s good to know. Helps me in my decision making process.

I wonder why that’s not listed on Ranvir’s card like it is on Wu’s. They need to clarify these things. :confused:

It’s good to count possibilities as long as one remembers it always comes to table.

I have two accounts, both are pretty good and have solid amount of heroes. My main I have Miki, Tarlak, Ranvir and Wu. My junior I have only Wu. You might think that first one is superior to second.

Junior has twice hit over 100k. Mains best is 89k. When they hit same titans in same ally, main is usually marginally better. In our last titan (red one) main went with mono blue using Miki. Junior 4blues and Wu. Using same amount of flags main ended with 203784 points and junior 206644.

2 Likes

Ranvir seems like a waste of time and I wish I had not put so much into him. Boooooooo🙄

3 Likes

This may be a noob question. If tile missed because of wu or ranvir special, will that charge the titan mana, if no, that may be a plus for wu and ranvir