Titan Attack Fundamentals - (new player Titan guide)

The Circle of Strengths goes:
Red > Green > Blue > Red
Purple >< Yellow

If you forget, there is a “color wheel” in the top left corner of all gem boards that indicates the element strengths.

6 Likes

throw wu kong into the mix if you have him to get 185% attack (taking off the chance to miss)

How do you take off the chance to miss?

Apologies - badly phrased by me. I meant minus the chance of missing. You can’t remove it !

Thx so much for putting this together! I’m a visual person, so seeing pics, along with your post, helps tremendously.

5 Likes

This was very helpful. Thanks. :raised_hands:

1 Like

Worth mentioning that Brienne is absolutely amazing as an attack buffer until you get Bold tusk. Brienne can hold her own until 7* ish titans or so.

9 Likes

With the addition of Wilbur she could even be better than Boldtusk on high level titans.

3 Likes

Good point. I never had Brienne until after I was fighting titans that were too much for her. She is great in this role. At this point I can only use her in events, but for anyone who is starting out, Brienne is a great buffer.

1 Like

Hello. First of all, thanks for the info. Can you please help me with a doubt?
The thing is, if you know the titan gonna escape, is true you need keep attacking cause, the more damage, better bonus? Or isn’t and save the attacks for the next one?

If you decide to let the titan escape, everyone should stop hitting at 11h mark to have 3 hits on next

3 Likes

If you’re close to a B rating it might be worth it to use an attack to get to B rating which is doing damage equal 3.3% of a Titan’s maximum health. A B rating will leave you typically at at a loot tier eligible for 2 rolls. If you’re not close might as well save at 11 hrs to have all full flags to easily kill the next titan.

4 Likes

Guinevere used in a different way than her permanent tank position…nice to see !! .

1 Like

Some heroes are really made to kick some titan, look for them :wink:
here is what heroes/items you should bring for titan fight in my experiences(intermediate tutorial) (4*/5*)

Wukong (4*) , one of the best with his incredible damage. Effect can be stacked with dmg boost. And use heroes that lower the defense for better effectiveness. Warning, you might not stun the titan because of the precision effect. It’s a hero of choice.

• Heroes that higher your attack:
    kiril, boldtusk, ares(for the luckys like me)…

• Heroes that lower the attack or defense
    Titan deal an absurd amount of damage,
    Using heroes that lower the attack (scarlett for example) really helps.
    You also might use some heroes that lower the defense (tiburtus, gormeck, grimm) for extra damage. Titan have a good defense.
    The best hero is athena for lowering the defense, use it, if you have it

• healer
    Use 1/2 healer for your titan team. Any healer with maxed skill will do.

• heroes that target a single ennemy
    Self explaining: marjanna, lianna, joon, khiona…

For rare titans:
Get some buff cleaners like melendor, sonya, sabina… You will really need it

Items you should wear for titan:

• mana potions
  • health potions
  • any item that lower ennemy attack/ higher your def
  • antidotes if needed (if you dont have rigard for example)
17 Likes

Remember that some titan’s debuff can be reverted with banners rather than potions. So fighting a green titan you can revert it’s special effect (it lowers your team attack) with a bear or dragon banner (also boldtusk special works). This way not only you get rid of the status ailment, you get also an increased attack status.

11 Likes

Great info, thanks!
Just started playing and getting miffed at being kicked in the butt by these titans!
cheers

hey guys can’t seem to find a definitive answer, if you for example use 2 purple heroes against a yellow titan, and 1 purple dies, do you maintain the damage multiplier per purple tile?

Yes, the tile damage remains the same even after a given hero dies. However; any buffs that were applied to that hero are immediately gone once the hero is down, so the Attack boost from Boldtusk or Wu Kong, for example, will only apply while a hero is alive.

Hope it helps,
:slightly_smiling_face:Tima

7 Likes

One more thing to throw more tiles is to use heroes with short and/or minimal graphic attack animations like Caedmon, Sonya, the chinese mana theft etc.
Some heroes covers the whole ‘tileyard’ for too long with their special animations.
Once clicked a heroes special you can immediately restart switch tiles, even wihle the special animation goes on.

Try to make as many matches as you can, keep the vulnerable column in focus (changes every 3 turns) and hit each charged hero immediately.

I carry defence banners and hit one from time o time, usually 2 or 3 per att-flag.
Sending high ressource items to titans is not needed imho.
Doesn’t matter if one dies, tile combos are the way to give huge damage.

I take Wu, a healer and three stacked countercolored hitters in titan war.

5 Likes

This is great! As a newb who JUST joined an alliance and hasn’t attacked a titan yet- it literally answered all my questions:)
Thank you

1 Like