Time to wake up and smell the roses

I’ve been a long time player of E&P, and I’m going to summarize my return after a several month hiatus as what it is.

You can’t compete in this game anymore.

If you’re not an absolute whale or absurdly lucky, there’s no reason to try to be competitive at the top tier.

For starters, as a returning player, there are WAY too many cash offers. Like you’re practically spammed ads when you open the app. If it’s not a sign of how incredibly money milking this game is, I don’t know what is.

There are now event 5* heroes in exclusive portals on a cycle that are literally game breaking. Consider them limit broken and fully emblemed, they are on a complete next level playing field.

Example, I was running raids and fell on this defense setup-

G Panther, Furdinand, Bastet, Hathor, G Panther in double formation.

I think your best bet for a success here is stacked or even mono blue, but you need some fascinating luck. You have to get lucky with tiles on any board just to your special off before one of the front two, and once Furdinand goes off, pretty much every raid I’ve played, it’s fight over.

Like what’s the counter to Furdinand? For that matter, in other raids, what’s the counter to Waterpipe? Waterpipe is legit ridiculous, 5 minions with mana reduction? I could imagine a Waterpipe, Lady of the Lake and Puss N Boots combo, throw any other two and what’s the counter?

Balance of the game was sliding already last year, but now it’s an actual joke. What’s next? Level 2 limit break? Level 90 5*? Behind yet another paywall?

It’s embarrassing. People are dumping tons of money on this app. One of my dearest friends I’ve met through here is routinely posting YouTube videos of 50-100 pulls on a semi weekly basis, and they hardly get anything. So when I run into these formations, like in my day I tried hard to pull a G panther and spent several of hundreds trying, nothing, this opponent has two with costume. Let alone the fact that my 1% chance to get G panther back then would have been met with now getting the 1% of G panther costume.

And I see the Museum is coming out. 5 gems to max a 5*? You give you a minimum of 1 every what 6 hours through MV and you can’t afford to actually reward people? What about the long time players who have maxed thousands of heroes over 6 years? Where is their 1000s of diamonds? Like SGG/Zynga can’t afford to give away a few hundred pulls to people who have spent YEARS on their app?

I always enjoyed this game when it was in infancy. Season two was just released when I started, Kunchen was one of the greats. Everyone with an Alberich was considered invincible. Now there are probably 1000 heroes to choose from, and the synergy that keeps you at the top is mostly from heroes hidden behind biannual pay events to soak everyone to try to get them.

Don’t play this game to be competitive. And if you feel that way, it’s hard to even enjoy it because you have absolutely no chance to keep up with the p2w.

19 Likes

Why are you complaining you cant compete when you dont spend in a game that has spending option ?

1 Like

Well I have a very old hero called The Hatter and he loves Furdinand. CG.Panther just had her claws clipped a little. She’s still good but nothing as offensive as she was. It was exactly that Double that the nerf happened. One Panther following another was death. Probably not now.

Theres some tough heroes out there for sure. I often raid teams that I have zero of and beat them. I often get the good offence heroes rather than Defence heroes so taking these down is a daily thing for me.

In regards to the “competing at the top level” comment I have to ask when wasn’t this a whale thing? 7DD and Team Korea aren’t made up of F2P are they? Reality is the brackets in the top 100 are entirely bracketed by spending. You want to “compete at the top” then you need to have an unlimited wallet.

5 Likes

The question I always have when someone says something like this is… what do you define as being able to compete in the game? What is the “top tier”?

2 Likes

I was wondering a similar thing. I’ve enver been able to compete at the top tier. I realized that 3 plus years ago. So I guess I agree with OP. If you haven’t woken up to smell the roses, do it.

2 Likes

Upper crust top tier I would define as top 100 in trophies. Which yes, I suppose that varies based on the number of players, but top tier used to be balanced in that if you had 5 5* heroes maxed to level 80, even with a slew of Season 1 heroes you had somewhat of a chance.

Nearly every modern day defense team is rainbow to some degree, and I don’t think any rainbow offense team stands any chance whatsoever at going against a rainbow defense. The 3:2, 4:1, mono strat has been a staple for offenses forever and that’s ok, though prior to limit breaks and these near 1k power heroes, almost any mono team would 3 tile against the weak hero and now even that doesn’t happen.

When you’re at end game level (hanging in diamond level 2400+), you’re getting the maximum benefits from the chests, but you should have a relatively neutral if not even a 3/10 chance to beat your opponent with a series of any 5*, but nowadays they’re legit gating super/heroes behind enormous paywalls and make it virtually impossible to win against a team.

1 Like

I could win most raids using rainbow and get myself into top 100. This would be using my P2P account (which has been largely dormant the last 4-5 months, and no new pulls in the last 6 months) and where I woulld reroll vs some teams. And of course 1-2 raid flag reflils (as my defense starts somewhere in the 2500-2600 cup range). The rainbow team I would use is not meta but has good older heroes with good synergy and lots of survivability focus.

With my 4.5 month old FTP account I have the most success with 4-1 because I just don’t have the roster depth/quality to support light stacking configs.

My FTP account lives in the 2300 to 2700 cup range. The team is around 4K TP, with 2 5* and 3 4*.

On my P2P account I was able to get into top 100 fairly easily a few months back using a team of all 4* and one Tree.

I get that most people (especially FTP and CTP) can’t be competitive in terms of getting top tiers in event/tower stuff. And that many wouldn’t meet the requirements of current top 100 alliances. But if the criteria of competitive is to be able to get into the top 100 in raids then I think that is entirely possible for many C2P/F2P (more mature accounts, mine wouldn’t be able to do it)/those without any of the new meta heroes.

Hey Ham.Cheese! Why did you make a new forum profile to spam your bad trolls?

Anyone pulling 50-100 every 2 weeks…
1- is a whale
2- wouldn’t be able to level them all anyway
It’s just for show for views.
Flauging.

3 Likes

But that’s the point. People who spend money should have an advantage. If i were a whale, it’d ■■■■ me off no end if i was being beaten by ftp players

Until emblems, limit break and current power creep, a ftp could challenge top players and have a good chance with a mono team. You think someone who plows heaps into the game will stand for that? Changes were needed so whales could see the value in terms of separation from ftp and ctp players. That’s why were where we are now, only it’s spiralling

1 Like

Don’t forget the troop investment you need to be competitive. Firstly, obtaining a rainbow set of 4*, then the ham needed to raise them to their respective breakpoints. Then, joy of all joys, rinse and repeat for your second / third / fourth / fifth set of whichever troops.

1 Like

I just wish the rewards for trying to compete were better in challenge events too. Top 1, 5 and 10 % instead of just the best 1000 players.

With so many playing the game, and so much time required, it would sure be nice. I think being among the top 100.000 should be rewarded much better than it is. It’s rather discouraging.

But well said. :100: Though the business model continue to work as intended by SG, sadly. And every time someone makes a purchase in the game, nothing will change.

It’s best to accept that, and be content with where one ‘is’ in the game, and be selective with one’s time. Best of luck. :four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes

I’m the same. I find more happiness competing against myself (to place better than I did last time), or to play in arenas/tiers with players of a similar level (which probably is within a similar range of spend, too).

I don’t have the money nor the time to really invest in this game, nor do I have the desire to do so - it is a game, meant to be a fun past time, and I find more happiness playing it at that level and with that mindset :slight_smile:

6 Likes

You can’t at 2500+ cups. No rerolling. With a rainbow team at that range I would be impressed if you even came close to half.

2 Likes

Surely I can reroll for teams that get me less than 30 cups?

One needs to change perspective and approach. I used to “compete” as well (in events) but there are now too important heroes I dont have. So I dont mind getting top results anymore. About cups I wouldnt care less. Some events like towers for example have so exhausting design I usually just complete half of each. Some new quests I like.

Its a game that USED to be great for everyone. However, now I think it might be ok for the whales, however most likely pace is too fast for them too but they cant help themselves.

For the rest of us its a fine game still for zero money involved. At least from the veteran point of view. Still, my playing time has decreased a lot.

As said, it went from great to just fine, but cant really blame the devs, it made them filthy rich and thats how business world unfortunately mostly works.

2 Likes

The - “My experience” is driven by major contributions by / from the “Me”… is a known factor to all.

This is a game & hence the word competition…which is driven - defined by “Results” …itself is the trap = root-cause of the various issues, many keep writing, in various new topics they create… & this one is no different.

Recently someone argued with me about me not having an experience having played in a (so called) Top-Alliance, which after my initial :rofl: left me wondering, how much “IMPORTANT” that aspect is for many players…despite a top alliance having ZERO contribution to :

• My roster, which is financed by me.
  • My heroes / emblems / LBs = financed by me
  • My disciplined playing = My time
  • Building mats & dictatorial approach to adhere to alliance requirements viz, all groups activities…
  • Many more points… which again are financed by me…

So what is that Top alliance giving me !?

For whatever reasons, that is not a factor at all for me…simply becoz, playing at the top has no extra benefits for my game play realities viz : Rewards, recognition, playing advantage, etc…

RNG still runs the show & negates many so called advantages … across the game…

• Top ranks in Titan, tournaments, wars which are regularly features (daily / across the week) doesn’t guarantee specific rewards.
  • The rewards, when they come, they are again random = leads to some being more (extra) & lacking some required ones for heroes level-up / game play ! :rofl:

So, all this has been clear from almost the very beginning & hence, the word “compete” lost its revelvance for me…which has been a big factor of less / no stress in playing this game. I do feel the disappointments of :

• Tiles not showing up on time - Raids, Wars, Tournaments, Events…etc…
  • Summons results…
  • Rewards - Titan, Tournaments, Wars, various bonus chests…etc…

I re-roll if I don’t want to do that raid, which can be seen in my videos… & it does impact me a bit… BCOZ, this is a GAME…to play & not a competition where anything of “life changing / impacting value will be achieved” :wink:

I decide my experience OR else, what am I doing playing this game…Bocz this is a spending game like any other product / service…!
&
Instead of CREATIVE ways to blame this game… use the same to play & enjoy…!

Food -for-thought !

Cheers & happy playing !

4 Likes

Competition… us v/s them… F2P, C2P, P2P, Very high spenders, Whales… poor victim non-spenders v/s money bag whales… etc, etc…

Is there any real value / benefit using these terms …!

Level 2 Limit Break? Level 90? No way

Continuing the discussion from 2023 Sneak Peek! :new::

@Didnt-Get-A-Massage I think we can reasonably expect level 90 heroes this year.

2 Likes