Time to ask Embarrassing Questions

Thank you in advance for reading & answering these niggling but serious questions. I’ve been playing for 9 months & have been too embarrassed to ask but haven’t been able to find:

1. AI fires left to right. My left or AI’s left?
  2. If a hero does 365% damage to the enemy, from what is the 365% calculated?
  3. Where on the card do you find a hero’s tile damage?
    Whew. Glad to have my ignorance out in the open. :blush: I hope this helps someone else! Otherwise I’m thicker than I thought…
    :bouquet: Thank you!
8 Likes
  1. Firing will be left to right, as you look at the screen.
  2. Involves heros attack, enemy’s defense, attack buffs, defense buffs, troops and is way complicated. I dont claim to understand it.
  3. On a card you see 3 numbers - attack, defense and hp. Attack is the number you’re looking for, that represents tile damage for that card.
4 Likes

Most people would create an angry thread for something they don’t understand. Thank you for asking the questions to try and understand. :vulcan_salute:

12 Likes

So, your left. If the order is:

Alby-Zim-Guin-Kage-Alase

Alby fires first

Also, all specials fire left-to-right, and then all normal (slash) attacks fire left-to-right.

It means “multiply the attack stat by 365% when calculating damage.”

The core damage equation is:

Specials:

• 100 * (Attack * Special % / Defense) ^ 1.35

Slash:

• 100 * (Attack / Defense) ^ 1.35

TIles:

• 33 * ((Sum of all attack stats of that color) / Defense) ^ 1.35 * Strong_Weak

Where Strong_Weak is 2 if the tile is strong against the defense, 1 if it’s neutral, and 1/2 if it’s weak

There is some subtlety here, since defenders get a 120% boost to both their attack and defense. And buffs get added in with the special’s percentage. So if you have a 33% attack buff and a 365% special, the multiplier is 398%.

Nowhere :slightly_smiling_face: See the above equation.

2 Likes

@Kayo it was worth the shame to learn there is a :vulcan_salute: emoji!!! Thank you!!!
:smiley: :vulcan_salute:

6 Likes

@Garanwyn I will have to study this further in the morning. I’m relieved it wasn’t a simple answer but disappointed that I still don’t understand much more than,“Wow, that probably took a long time to post…” :laughing: :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

@Ragnarock I finally understand the left to right thing and will sleep better tonight knowing I am not playing the game dyslexically. Thank you!!! And thank you for sharing my confusion re percentages & formulas!!! :confused: :vulcan_salute: :cake: :coffee:

2 Likes

images

Ty for sharing the damage calculation. Just what I needed to calculate the amount of damage I will handle/receive (yup, I’m that meticulous when it comes about numbers)

2 Likes

You’re welcome. Just to be super clear, no one knows what the real damage equation is other than SG. This is what we players have worked out as a good fit to the data.

The thread that talks about it in detail is here:

4 Likes