Time for me to go & my parting feedback

@Petri maybe if we tag them enough times it might rally a response!!

Totally agree with this. Devs got to see this… and do something.

3 Likes

As far as rants go, I really liked this one :slight_smile:

All valid points. I’m new enough these issues aren’t so frustrating for me as yet but I think I’ll hit a ceiling soon and can see where you’re coming from. I like that it wasn’t mindless complaining with no semblance of possible resolution.

Good luck! Based on this post it really seems a shame you’re saying goodbye :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do you really think that they care ? The money in they pockets will still get in that why they not really changing anything …

1 Like

could someone please share a link to this topic to their Facebook page?

Thank you for your post @Ellilea - quite the same feelings here.
For me it’s OK to spend some money for a game, which is entertaining for me.
In the early 90s I was running a mailbox, and charged 5 DM (5 bucks) on a monthly basis to keep my costs low. So I like the Idea of the VIP-pass for exapmle.
But like You, more and more I see I’ve had to spend much more to be competitive.
The special heros become more an more powerful and “must have” instead of “nice to have”. When I saw the video of the beta-season2 my fist thought was “to much p2w”. ( 9600 gems for a summon with “best value”).
Also for me it’s the alliance, what keeps me playing… at least until season2 - maybe it’s not as worse as I’m afraid of…

4 Likes

Many good points, however there is one thing I cannot fully understand and that is overall quite prevalent in this forum. I have mentioned this in another post (an actual rant, not like this fair and balanced review of your journey in this game), and nobody has really managed to explain things to me in a way I could understand (I may be a bit dense).

I understand being competitive and wanting to compete and achieve the best results you can get. However, reducing your (relative) failure to compete with the best to the game not being fair and being geared to P2W players is in my humble opinion misguided and misleading for newer players to some extent.

In any competition, you need to determine who is your actual competition. The game offers the possibility to play for free (F2W) as well as the possibility to pay to get ahead (P2W). Additionally, it is quite clear that it is a game of patience where it takes time to get heroes, grow your base, develop our heroes, etc.

By what kind of mechanics/miracle, can anyone who decided to play for free expect to catch up to players who pay to win/get ahead and players who have started playing the game earlier than you? I understand the rankings in all parts of the game do not account for the differences between F2P and P2W players, which can be misleading and make you think you are competing with them or can compete with them. I think the main issue in terms of competition is that in theory, you can only truly compete with people who have basically started at the same time you did and have the same F2P/P2W strategy (within some tolerance). But there are no way to tracking this as a player. That’s why I think having alliances helps in that regard. You can grow within an alliance and change alliance as needed, i.e. when you have grown faster than the alliance as a whole. This is where you can assess how well you are doing in the game and try to be competitive. This is also a way to motivate each other within an alliance, trying to push each other to improve.

I think it all boils down to how one understands the term competition. For me, it is simply do the best you can do (within your means, financially and in terms of time investment) and see where you land in the rankings. Period. For others, it seems to mean being number one, independently of how others have landed in that spot, and if they cannot get there, they quit or are bitter. For this, I speak more generally and not for your specific case. I think you’ve simply grown out of the game and it’s simply time to move on to something else.

8 Likes

That’s the thing though. People can spend more to maybe be competitive. (Though I guess in the end, if they spend enough they can have everything…)

The prices are hefty for the content in my opinion (VIP is ok, comparitively) , but such is life in this new lootbox driven game meta.

However, the completely non-subtle way that they’re trying to push the power chase is comically bad.
For example: the war pack for gems that was shoved in my face recently. It’s been acknowledged that AW MM is a work in process and is not running optimally, and that there would not be so much work on it over the summer break. So then selling war packs is supposed to be a joke right?

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback and I’m sorry to hear that you are leaving @Ellilea, your contribution here will be missed!

Regarding forum moderation, we have staff here as well and we are actively monitoring the forum. As we are a small team, we cannot actively participate in the discussion here in each topic. We really appreciate the work that our volunteering moderators who do it of their own will. Rest assured, our team is actively reading the forum and feedback is taken into consideration. We have and continue implementing player requests to the game but as game development is complex and there are many moving parts, we are cannot guarantee when/if any certain requests will be implemented.

10 Likes

As the future of the game is coming, messages like this will be the bread of every day. As I see it SG has two paths to follow right now. One that is the one that seems to be the one who leaves, in which the goal is to fill a lot of pockets in the short term and then probably the game will die, but they will have a very good sum. And another in which to put the long-term views and make a game that really lasts over time, sacrificing income in the short term but … making them last over time. I’m wrong, I hope …

3 Likes

That’s a half-arsed reply if I ever saw one! Guess the real issues will always just be brushed aside! I’m done trying…

I’m sure game development is complex, but why should it be so hard to make this game more rewarding for f2p players? There used to be a time when the elemental chest gave us gold hero tokens and not just three silver tokens. It used to be amazing and something to look for. And it gave f2p a more realistic chance to improve. I’m not saying the elemental chest alone is the reason why players are leaving. The first post summarizes it very well. I understand SG need to make money, but think about the players too. A game isn’t amazing because players are “forced” to pay to get what they want. I miss a realistically chance to improve in this game. But ofc, this is just my opinion.

16 Likes

You will miss us and about your post… it hurts 'cause it’s true.

The thing that hurt me the most is the lack of communication about the next planned steps (proposed via posts and voted) as the famous Proposal - New Building: Alchemy Lab, that didn’t even make it on shortlist of frequent requests “Requests that we are considering, but not working on currently”, the topic where we can actually read upcoming changes before new versions would be implemented.

Really, what is the suggestions forum even for?

2 Likes

I don’t want to distract too much from the excellent OP… but yes, having a perspective on your goals and competition is key.

If you’re a dedicated f2p player it’s still going to be a struggle to be top dog.

But if your team and alliance are developing you’re constructively, engaged in these discussions, having a chat with new friends, enjoying a bit of escapism and you are having fun

Then you are winning the game.

4 Likes

Same view on so many different things, so i guess i will reach your same conclusion soon enough.

It was a pleasure to read you, now and before.

Hope to see you again in some other similar game.

4 Likes

First of all, thank you, @Ellilea for such a big contribution to the discussion. Everything there is correct. I would only like to add that, with an alt leading a training alliance, I noticed players are already frustrated or bored with the game with just 2 months of playing. We have big spenders, cheap spenders and no spenders, and they all had at least one reason to be angry -or bored- and prime candidates to quit. The game went wrong at some point. I started 10 months ago and it took me at least 6 months to find it somewhat aimless.

1 Like

Sorry @Guy, you are ignoring one important fact. The nerfing of the loots makes it much harder for new players to go up. The older ones had it much easier. The best evidence is the nerf of epic tokens. In the past you got much more which means you had more chances for better heroes.
It’s clear that you need to invest money if you want to reach the level of longer playing people. But because of the nerfs you need more money then the older players. And that’s not fair.

I for myself haven’t reach the point where I want to retire yet. Last days I made it in the TOP 250 and place 49 locally. But I can’t hold it. The opponents in that range all have at least one HOTM in their team. Most players have three or more. I guess these players have almost every 5*. TC 20 gave me three 5* up to now. Marjana (I allready had her), Quintus and Thorne. The last two have a C rating at Anchor’s list. So normally they are not the ones you would level up if you have limited ressources. But look at Ancor’s list again: The really good 5* are either HOTM or event heroes. Why are the special? Is it fair that only the top buyers or the real lucky people can get them?

So I also see what’s going wrong and we also loose good players in our alliance because they are disappointed. Here in the forum the proponents of the game have a simple explanation for everything: It’s all about RNG. For them it’s normal that a player gets 3 HOTMs with a 10x pull, now having 8 Gregorian in his roster, while others trying it 200 times without getting a single one. It’s normal that a player gets 9 4* and 1 5* with a 10x pull. You will never read in these topics that there is something wrong with the game itself.

14 Likes

@Peter1976, before saying that I am ignoring one important fact, you might want to read my first sentence where I agree on many points of the OP (basically all but one). I have seen indeed that loots have been nerfed. I personally cannot assess how much compared to the beginnings of the game since I only play since late December 2017, however I have experienced the drop in the better tokens in elemental chests for instance.

Luck is definitely a big part of the game, there is no question about that. B now, we know that tc20 produces 75% of 3*, 20% of 4* and 5% of 5*, so it is a matter of time before you start getting 5*, however there is no control over which ones you are getting. Obviously we all wish we had more control over which heroes we are getting and how often, but I don’t this has changed much (other than the fact it may be more difficult to get epic hero tokens for free). The game is not perfect, or at least has some frustrating aspects. And the rules/mechanics are being changed as time goes by, sometimes for the better, others for the worse. Today, I may not be as negative as other days, because although the rare 9* titan my alliance was facing escaped, I still got a Royal Tabard (loot tier V!), so RNG can work in your favor at times.

Everyone can complain about not getting what they hoped for, but I have yet to see anyone answer the question I raised in my reply (4th paragraph)… and you are no exception.

@Ellilea im sorry to see you go, i agree with your statements.

I realized i would never have any 5* heroes leveled if i didnt spend money.

Unfortunately we all will hit a wall sometimes, things will get boring, farming is gonna be testing our patience, and loot tickets are now being sold? And they still use world energy? :confused:

Hopefully season 2 wont widen the gap between f2p and p2w, hopefully we wont have same heroes with different stats (spending gems to have a stronger Joon than the regular one is just unacceptable IMO)

But i did notice from when i began playing to today how the tables have been turned, now we are constantly receiving offers, and hence the idea for rare loots being nerfed, so you will eventually get stuck with your heroes and consider spending on offers to get your 4* darts, tonics, rings, damascus blade etc…

That is how i got my a rainbow team 5* to 4th ascention, truth is i had to spend to get the mats.
I am glad we gave our weekly rare quest that do help us on the way, but still it is so rare that gathering up 6 of each item takes too long honestly.

I am a supporter of the game, and hopefully we dont lose more players like Ellilea.

1 Like

@Ellilea thank you very much for this post. It was well written and formulated and a real pleasure to read, and I guess not only because I agree with you.

At the moment this game is developing into a direction where it will crash and burn (in a not too far future). From what I’ve read here (only rumors, though) maybe already fast after intro of season 2.
And at the moment I truely believe, that the powers that be (not the devs, they really don’t have much choice I guess) don’t mind “destroying” the game, if on the way “enough” money flows into their pockets. When this game is “dead”, grow a new cow to milk.
Granted, this is a very pessimistic view at the future of this game, but they are really not helping with their decissions.