Time for a bit of a break (zephyr1)

Zeph, you are

462t81

of us.

Actually, I should have saved this one for @DaveCozy, because the parallels are closer. Dave, when you retire, remember I said this about you too, it’ll save me a post.

Anyway, go replenish your health and polish your Master Sword for another day.

23 Likes

With all the crap moderators have to cope with I think they should get paid. It’s not as SG has no $$$, and the work you guys put in should be rewarded more substantially.

But all the best and take it easy and thanks for the effort put into this community!

2 Likes

All the best to you Zeph. Do what’s needed to keep you sane, but your constant guidance and quick wit will be missed. As said by the Hall of Fame band Chicago “Everybody needs a little time away”.

6 Likes

Sometimes i thought to myself how much work you put in your threads and why are you doing that while not payed for that.
I mean, you make it so easy to understand things that it’s hard to believe you do that for free.

In your shoes, i would never put so much effort in it.

So yes, i totally think you deserve a little rest, even though it would be better for the community (me included) to not let you do that.

And for that when you return full time i will spam and break forum rules every 15 minutes :face_with_monocle:

13 Likes

25 Likes

you already know what i think… take care of you, i will miss you :kissing_heart:

7 Likes

I’m fairly new in the forums and likely you don’t know me, but I have lurked here without signing in about as long as you have been moderating. Maybe I never needed to sign in before, as you moderated so well that I was satisfied with the end-product. :thinking:

It has been a pleasure, and I wish you the best. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

You are leaving us with this people.
THIS PEOPLE.

Know it.

13 Likes

I challenge you to find a better Nintendo/Biology cross reference pun featuring Anna Kendrick on the forum.

13 Likes

THAT is…staggering.

Was aware this was coming, still hard to take. A wholly inadequate thank you again for all you do.

8 Likes

And i challenge you to find my questions on your coming soon interview :face_with_monocle:

7 Likes

@zephyr1 blowing out like a warm and gentle westerly breeze at the time of the summer solstice. How appropriate. Fare thee well my friend. Thank-you for everything.

6 Likes

I have nothing new to add to the above posts but I wanted to add my gratitude for all you do. Please come back, refreshed with new perspective on how to protect your own mental health, so we can continue to benefit from your generosity.

6 Likes

Thanks for all you do and have done for the forum. Hope to still see your posts on personal tournament and event results!

5 Likes

I remember when you started moderating, have watched every public step of effort you’ve put into the forum to make it a more informational and organized place(should mention i recall your activity and effort before you became a moderator as well)

You’ve done a hell of a job and we all appreciate it

But ffs man i just said job referring to a video game forum…take a break, we’ll be here when you get back

We’ll miss ya in the meantime tho

17 Likes

Screenshot_20200623-183601
… already.

16 Likes

@zephyr1 Take whatever time you need to recharge. I remember being shocked when you were made a moderator because I thought from all the activity you were already putting in here that you were before.

Your absolute dedication over the last year and a half has been incredible. You deserve a break more than anyone.

13 Likes

@zephyr1 just thank you.

6 Likes

Anyone else thinkin “how many times can we thank zephyr1 before a mod posts…”

10 Likes

As always, even when you’re taking a break from the forum, you keep us informed. Gez Zephyr1, practising not tagging you I thought you were trying to squash the rumours you were not a bot? :confounded:

Tons of bestest wishes as you refocus on the more important aspects of your life. It goes without saying, your presence on the forum will be missed as you’ve always done so much. I’ve always thought, at times, perhaps too much.

I imagine you’ll have at least an extra 10 hours of free time a day now. The forum is left in capable hands. So, take care. Be blessed. You’ve surely earned it :smile:.

12 Likes