Time for a bit of a break (zephyr1)

Screenshot_20200623-183601
… already.

16 Likes

@zephyr1 Take whatever time you need to recharge. I remember being shocked when you were made a moderator because I thought from all the activity you were already putting in here that you were before.

Your absolute dedication over the last year and a half has been incredible. You deserve a break more than anyone.

13 Likes

@zephyr1 just thank you.

6 Likes

Anyone else thinkin “how many times can we thank zephyr1 before a mod posts…”

10 Likes

As always, even when you’re taking a break from the forum, you keep us informed. Gez Zephyr1, practising not tagging you I thought you were trying to squash the rumours you were not a bot? :confounded:

Tons of bestest wishes as you refocus on the more important aspects of your life. It goes without saying, your presence on the forum will be missed as you’ve always done so much. I’ve always thought, at times, perhaps too much.

I imagine you’ll have at least an extra 10 hours of free time a day now. The forum is left in capable hands. So, take care. Be blessed. You’ve surely earned it :smile:.

12 Likes

[quote=“Ultra, post:54, topic:191653, full:true”]
It is this joker’s fault. The nerve of him.

I have broad shoulders…I can take it

1 Like

But sometimes in life you need a break.

From a job, a relationship, hobbies and on and on.

Sadly the wave of negativity in this game has gotten very big and you moderators take the brunt of it. The thing with waves is they wear things down, they erode coastlines and do serious damage over time.

And so to the soul tbh. There’s only so much you can see and deal with day in and day out before it gets to you. You forget why you started to do something in the first place.

So rest and recuperate my friend. Sit outside with a beer and rejoice in the fact there no buzzing from a notification. It will take time to adjust and you’ll feel a bit empty to start. But you’ll fill that with other things instead. Hopefully things that bring you joy.

Enjoy!

5 Likes

I can think of at least one more capable player who would make an excellent mod :wink:

8 Likes

I just saw this. I hope you get refreshed, and make sure to charge your battery. I don’t personally know how you do what you do, but i’m glad to hear you are taking a break. (I mean that the best way possible) you are a great guy. I am not ashamed to say I love you.

5 Likes

I appreciate that @princess1, but I made a promise in a post a long time ago that being a mod might not be the job for me. Lots of others would be great, though.

10 Likes

@zephyr1, thank you for all you do and have done. Take a well deserved break and enjoy, all best wishes to you :grinning:

2 Likes

I’m sorry I must decline… no pants village idiot already has enough responsibility as is…

7 Likes

Still waiting for that virtual cooking demo.

3 Likes

Anyone want to start a rebellion thread and tag @zephyr1 in every post? :wink:

P.S. While I really like that image, I think this is a better one:

P.P.S Thank you for being an awesome mod that [almost] never resets us :wink:

8 Likes

Take care, buddy! See you around!

2 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

@zephyr1 my man this is tough but glad you did whats best for you. Have met many of the mods for good and bad reasons but you and @Rook have always been the fairest whenever we discussed topics or infractions. I would hope that you would come join the lot of us in a new game during your break as a lot of complaints we have had here have been readily addressed, and very glad you are not taking off for good. Everyone needs a break sometimes and as you stated, hopefully that old feeling i had when i first started tries to come back also. Feel free to pm me anytime for info on the other game we have spoken of and hope you enjoy your much deserved break.

5 Likes

Thank you for all that you do. Words cannot express the gratitude that so many players have for your time and dedication to this forum.
Thank you.

10 Likes

@BrainySouthernBelle HAY!!! I know you!!

:slight_smile: Haven’t seen you on the forum… welcome!

as far as zephyr… Total respect for needing to take a step back. Rather step back then leave completely.

I took a step back for a moment and am in Helios Eos instead of main for awhile.

4 Likes

the fact that multi million dollar company refuses to pay a moderator for a forum that seems to be their main mode of communication with playerbase is simply immoral and it disgusts me.

anyway, sad to see you go but its probably for the best. none of the moderators get rewrded enough for the work they do unfortunately

2 Likes