Time for a big change - STOP Mono Colour

What I would be ok with is if they did some of the things discussed here in the new raid challenges that are supposed to be released later this year.

One event you can only use mono and maybe the next is only rainbow and the next is only female heroes… Who knows… could add all kinds of variety.

7 Likes

I hear one is playing with a blindfold on…honor system you know :wink:

3 Likes

This I like. That’s part of the fun of doing raid challenges. Be forced to try different things that you don’t normally do in raids.

4 Likes

Sorry to cut off your rambling, but my nonsense 4* team took out some of the finest defenses this game has to offer and got me close to 2700 cups… and I can back that up…

This is me, as you can see my strongest hero is a 4*

This is my nonsense 4* raid team

This is part of today’s watchtower

And these are some of the defenses my nonsene 4* team took out today…

Funny thing for a nonsense 4* team…

Terrible idea, then why would you even mono stack? The idea of a mono team is to kill the tank in your first volley, and usually after that everything falls into place. If they nerfed the damage their would be no reason to even stack ANY color. You think the difference between pay to win and cheap to play or free play is bad now. Just go right ahead and nerf the damage.

3 Likes

Those raid challenges should be all sorts of crazy. Possibilities are endless

4 Likes

This is a knee jerk reaction. A damage nerf doesn’t mean stacking loses all damage… smh.

2 Likes

Do not feel especially good, the only thing that proves that is that we are confident that we have to limit the stacking we are right. You have a good team of 4 *, a platinum team and, something you have to learn is that the true level in this game is given by the defense. You stack colors, you make equipment mono or almost and, taking advantage of the fact that the game has that error, you win duels to teams of 5 * and 4000. And if you do not win repeats, because it costs you 7 or 10 and you win 50, but that happens, no because you are good, but because the stacking produces it. The true level in this game, what truly shows the quality of your team and your real level as a player is the defense. If you have a good team and you know how to use it, your defense will keep you at 2650 or 2600 or whatever your level, win raids and have a record of 2600 cups with a 4 * team, with stacking is not much, we have done it almost all, staying permanently in diamond is another level. You win the top, with stacking, you think you are special and you go down while they continue their game. Without bad intention, I recommend that you look less navel and work more to grow.

1 Like

I disagree. Stacking would still have value because

1. 3/7 of all tiles fall on the tank, so having tiles that are 2x more effective there will remain very valuable
  2. Synchronized specials remains valuable.
2 Likes

Can you answer when they did this for titans please? Looks like I am missed something or it’s very old info

its 20 characters worth of old.

3 Likes

A crucial point you’re missing is that, even with linear damage scaling, the tank only gains 1 tile of mana per hit, while taking 2 to 5 tiles worth of damage. Color stacking produces the best mana gain for your team, and best damage output, per tile of mana given to the other team.

Stacking would be far from dead under this proposal.

2 Likes

Been wondering when such a topic/discussion would appear on the forums… I believe it’s been a long standing debate between @Anchor (mono) and @Xero786 (4-1, 3-2), and it definitely pops up quite often on the former’s live streams.

If you’ve got a limited roster and want to hit higher TP (4k+) teams, stacking is the way to go. However, you can’t just stack any hero and think it’s a win. Synergy between heroes is important, but more importantly, getting a half decent board at the start, and working with or around it.

I spent a couple of months playing with 3-2 teams and was having a lot of fun hunting GMs & Guins amongst the top alliances. Boldtusk and Wilbur have been staple in my 3-2 teams. There’s a thread where we share our kills on known players and forum users titled ‘Fighting familiar names’.

I’ll post a couple here:

Against @Lobo (CA Lobo?):

Against Amduat from Mixed Nuts - Extra Spicy:

With 3-2 stacking, you just have to focus on the two colours played and build up your specials. You’ll get a good hit 60% of the time, and win 80-90% of the matches if you priortise your targets. It’s true, I’ve got great heroes for 3-2 stacking but at the end of the day, this game relies quite heavily on luck tbh… Luck in pulls, luck in getting ascension mats, luck of the board, etc… Even if you spend tons of cash, you’re not likely to get what you need unless Lady Luck is on your side.

After a while, it got dull playing 3-2 so I moved on to mono stacking. I enjoy the added challenge of playing only a single colour from the board. It’s a part of the game where no matter what heroes you bring, you’re at the mercy of the board gods, and it can be horribly painful. Not so much while raiding, but definitely in Alliance War.

Even with a bad start, forcing play can have its rewards. Notice in the next video that I force Guin to fire first rather than try and fix the purple match at the top of the board, allowing me time to get more purple tiles on the board for a kill. Skill? Nope… Just thinking a few moves ahead. I’m actually skill-less, but not clueless… My heroes hold the skills I need to finish the match…:wink:

Against @CowboyJBB from Mixed Nuts - Extra Spicy:

And sometimes, it’s just a walk in the park…

Against @Lygeia (7DH Lygeia?):

I like playing fast, and mono stacking actually slows me down a bit so I can think on my next couple of moves. All it takes is a single mistake, or taking out the wrong heroes, and your 5v2/3 could turn into a disaster.

There are different playstyles to rainbow, 3-2, 4-1, mono, etc… A lot depends on what you have on your roster, and how you can make those heroes work for you to the best of their skills. I’ll probably get bored of mono eventually too, and probably move on to raiding with Atlantis families once I pull and have all of them levelled…:rofl:

Leave the game as it is… It’s all fun at the end of the day :grin:

3 Likes

What team are you using? I beat gravemaker tanks all the time with a rainbow team. Guin is the only tank that poses an issue running rainbow.

Twenty thumbs down x one hundred.

1 Like

Had never considered running mono before reading this thread. I just tried it and used all 6 raid flags. Won 2. Is that normal odds you see running mono??? If so, why is it advantageous? I normally win 8/10 with 2-1-1-1

at my currrent powern evel every grave tank i run into is just too strong for me to rainbow his burn does my guys in before i ever get a special but im close yo macing my first 5 stars and have a nice benhc forming so hopefully i wont have to stack him either but currently grave as tsnk is the only team i have major issues with, and drake fong bot from damage just from the missed tiles from his blind.

They did this quite a while ago. Maybe close to a year. Before they introduced titans higher then 10*. The why was because they thought their old way of calculating how defense debuff specials stacked was overpowered. So they redid the way the calculation worked. None of us were happy about it. There was a lot of push back from Beta including from me. SG still went through with it and it clearly worked out.

4 Likes

When you have a massive hero base its easy to kill rainbow or 2-2-1 or 3-2 or 4-1 or 5-0. Personally i prefer 5-0. I loose more that way due to bad boards but crushing a guin flat out is fun.

I can also take a rainbow team with 3 healers against guin and again win. It may take a long time but i usually win. Right now im a mono attacker. Because i loose more that way than any other way due to boards and i love the gamble side.

I can say this. If the equation gets altered as kerridoc said… which would benefit him and players like him with less bench because they want their base d to hold up better over time then so be it.

I can assure you I would walk away from the game without hesitation. The game is how it is. Like it then stay. Hate it then you probably already left. Everyone else just needs to move on imho.

1 Like

I disagree 100%

Mono is higher risk. A bad board with mono is any board low in that one color.

A bad board 3/2 requires two specific colors to be absent at the same time and that is much less likely.

A rainbow team never has that bad a board; there is ALWAYS at least a match that will charge one of your heroes three tiles worth!

The risk is higher with mono.

War (with unified tanks) pushes people with smaller benches than @Kerridoc to use mono because they cannot stack three heroes of the strong color in six attacks. (Heck, I cant even stack two strong color heroes in all my war attacks yet and I’m in a top 50 alliance!)

Mono attacks using the “wrong” color are high risk, high reward strategies. Higher risk than the strong color, but still successful with a good board.

The alternative once your strong color is exhausted of doing say, 3/2 using colors weak or neutral against the tank is high risk, low reward!

8 Likes