Time for a big change - STOP Mono Colour

Not saying how you play is wrong, you’re twisting my words. I am saying how the damage is calculated doesn’t make sense. Stacking should increase the attack of those color tiles and it is a viable strategy. I’m saying the formula to how this is done is wrong and because of that the damage is way to much. How it should be is this: Stack 3 heroes of a color and each tile of that should generate damage of hero 1 + hero 2 + hero 3, but this is not how it works. Instead since the addition is done inside the ( ) of the damage formula the damage is multiplied way more than it should be.

Simplified, when stacking 3 heroes of a color each tile of that color should damage as if it were roughly 3 tiles. How it is now when stacking 3 heroes of a color each tile of that color does more like the damage of 9 tiles. If you don’t see the flaw in that I don’t know how else to explain it.

Works the same in Magic the Gathering… High risk, high reward… That and no matter how good your defense is… The AI is dumb as a brick in defense. No complaints as I have no control over my defense other than who and where to put them in the hopes that it works out. All I see with all these complaints of too much tile damage is a ton of sore losers… Mommy mommy you HAVE to LET me win.

It’s more like semi-high risk, majorly huge reward. 3-6 tiles to take out a maxed 5* isn’t that high of a risk with 90% of boards. Even with a bad board you can usually get that in a few turns. Just this last war I went full mono with my last attack team for the hell of it. Roughly 2700 green attack team against a 4k team with 2 blues with an OK board (1 green 3 match at the start and a green 4 match a couple turns later and the tank was gone). Guess what, I won easily and it wasn’t even that great of a green board, just an OK one. If I had had a green heavy board I could have won in only a few turns. Even though it was in my favor I felt cheap. A 2700 team of not even maxed 4*s shouldn’t be easily taking out 4k teams.

I’m not a sore loser at all. I truly don’t care if my defense loses raids, I win 90% of my attacks using my rainbow team so I get my cups back and in the end cups don’t amount for jack crap once you’re above 2400 anyways. It does bother me some for war, but still not enough to infuriate me. I’m not even mad when people color stack. It’s currently part of the game, so use it if you must. I’m just stating my opinion that the tile damage formula for color stacking is flawed and should be looked at.

Again no maxed 5* should ever be able to be taken out with one single 3 tile match, ever.

How it is right now the greatest special in this game is a 3 tile match of a stacked mono team and I don’t think it should be that way.

Again my opinion on the matter and not saying those who enjoy it are wrong or that they play the game wrong, just that I don’t like it and it kills allot of the strategic play for me. Why bother building good 5* teams with specials that work with each other when I can just color stack 4*s and win consistently without even considering how the specials work together.

1 Like

This is the part you people don’t seem to get right… you all are under the impression that stacking colors is synonymous with mindless tiles hurling… you are so far from the truth… Actualy turning a bad board in your favor is a lot harder when you are running 3/2 than when you go rainbow and any tile you move does damage and charges mana for someone. When stacking, any tile of the wrong color that you move charges your enemies and does nothing for you… and if the enemy charges before you, it’s game over… And, by the way, stating that color stackers disregard team synergy shows how little you know about the true value of color stacking…

8 Likes

Ian, you are doing yeoman’s work in defending the noble position against the arguments that others are trying to “stack” against you. It’s a good thing their argument stacking formula isn’t as strong as they think it is.

:laughing:

3 Likes

Do you anti mono folks understand that their are multiple heroes out in the game right now that scream to color stack such as Zimkitty etc? You do also realize that ALL heroes made since the introduction of this game were made with color stacking in mind and that all the stats for heroes revolve around these game mechanics correcr? Are we still following? So now all the devs are stupid and you want them to rewrite the code for every hero in this game so they can nerf color stacking damage? Cause thats what would need to happen for me to buy this grand theroy of you CANNOT kill my team with your 5 mono of 4* and 5* heroes, can’t you see i spent good $$ on this HoTM team?! Get over it already, they are not gonna recode the entire roster of heroes cause Soandso destroyed your defense with their mediocre vanilla team.

Sorry, hope i didn’t get to carried away their, but please think outside the box just a little bit. :grimacing:

3 Likes

Nobody wants them to change any hero bonus to stacking. Just the absurd formula for how damage is calculated.

1 Like

For me that is not the point. With my purple stack I tend to lose matches where I take out Guin early but not have purple tiles to follow. Keeping Guin alive and cleaning the board from the bad tiles is the road to success for these bad boards as she will not hurt you and the presence of the tank will stop the flanks from gaining too much mana. There is quite a bit of strategy to know when the tank should be killed. I can live with Guin activating once or twice, but if the flanks activate too often I will lose.

It is all different when facing Azlar for example who will kill you if you throw too many tiles on him.

1 Like

Your not getting it, each and every hero in this game has been created with color stacking in mind. The stats and power of the heroes coincide with this meta. So if you nerf color stacking damage, you need to nerf every single hero in this game. If you don’t understand that im at a loss for words.

1 Like

You need to nerf every single hero in the game? Every single hero in the game becomes overpowered if they change the damage formula? Please explain how every single hero in the game can be overpowered simultaneously. That obviously makes no sense. Some heroes will become stronger and some will become weaker. For most it won’t make much of a difference.

Will some adjustments (nerfs OR buffs) be necessary for heroes that are particularly affected? Yes, very likely. Other than for titans, I don’t think the impact will be as drastic as you seem to think. All of the game’s content is perfectly doable without color stacking including high level raiding. Even without the weird scaling, color stacking would remain a valid strategy; 3 purple heroes would bring 3 times the purple damage… just not 3.5 times the damage (or whatever the actual number is).

While I agree that recent hero design has encouraged stacking, I believe that is a reaction to how people have adapted to playing the game. I doubt the devs intended this years ago when the game (and the damage formula) was first created.

You really think the devs are not aware of this aspect? You really think they don’t read these forum treads? They will not change a thing about stacking, because stacking is one of the main pillars of this game. Hundreds of thousands of lower level players rely on stacking to cut a piece of the pie for themselves, all of them spending a few dollars a month. A few $ a month x a few hundred thousands players makes way more than ONE MILLION DOLLARS a month, as a result of stacking colors keeping the interest of the middle tier players ablaze… Cut stacking in anyway, the middle class will be unable to fight against the 5* gods and that might result in the game crumbling in a few month… What keeps millions of players active for many month is not the low chance of a 5* hero or the almost complete absence of the ascension materials, it’s the fact that in this game, David actually can win against Golliath…

2 Likes

So one person doesn’t like color stacking and we have to change the game? That’s all I hear.

Stacking takes more skill as there is no such thing as a bad board with rainbow.

1 Like

Mono is pure gambling and that’s what most games are made for, gambling.

One shouldn’t take a game too serious to avoid heart attacks.

Even the biggest spenders won’t ever get more than fun for their money.

So let’s have lots of fun going mono or whatever… Just play and have a good time.

There’s absolutely nothing more than having a place to forget monostacked grey reality.

What about a pure purple rainbow? Each color has its nuances… :wink:

Btw, I need :compass:s so much :rofl:

4 Likes

Yes, compasses, me too!

The most fun I have in the wars is when I’m finished my serious hits and can just play around with what I’ve got left. Today I took an all red team (vanilla and Santa) against GUINIVERE as tank with Kashrek and Magni as flanks.

My team was around 3500 and theirs was 3950.

I one shot it … great fun!

3 Likes

3500 vs 3950 doesn’t require mono. 3/2 would solve it easy. Mono (kamikaze) is for going 2700 vs 4000 :wink:

2 Likes

At the top level, stacking makes defenses irrelevant which make cups irrelevant. I personally don’t think that is what the developers envisioned, but so be it… my opinion is that I wont waste time chasing defensive heroes as they have little value compare to offensive/synergy heroes.

4 Likes

Well said

20 characters

This is being over complicated… the boards dictate your win and loss not your team compositions. Why do people insist that there is actual strategy to this game? It’s based on luck not skill stop pretending you are good at a game that’s rng. Or go ahead and keep trying to make this an MLG match 3 :wink:

People who play the game without a strategy will not be very good at it and will most likely quit. By your theory, I get good or great board 90+% of the time as I rarely lose. While you may think you get average or poor board 50+% of the time. If we are getting the same board, then there is most likely a difference in strategy.

3 Likes