Time for a big change - STOP Mono Colour

Why is it terrible? Because it takes away easy mode and makes you actually play the game strategically?

The reason why I think it’s a bad idea to change the math is because of titans. The proposed math change would make the higher level ones next to impossible to take down.

I totally agree with changing the math for raids and war though. Color stacking takes away all strategy, special attack coordinating, team building to combat the enemy, etc. that this game seems to be built around. Color stacking involves no strategy, it’s purely based on luck of the board and I prefer strategy and critical thinking/planning over luck 100%.

This is exactly the issue with color stacking in raids/war. Why even bother building a strong defense over months and months when a color stacked team 1k TP lower than yours can easily win with the right board. What is even the fun in doing that? I just don’t understand. I prefer the strategy of selecting a lineup to combat the enemy defense lineup via counter acting specials, debuffs, etc. instead of the luck of the board.

1 Like

Was just a try.
Doesn’t work at all, since one needs the luck of the boards and one loses 4 of 5 times.

3-2 or 2-2-1 or 3-1-1 work better.
Also :rainbow: doesn’t work well due to minor tile dmg.

At last everybody should play like he/she wants to.

3 Likes

@natefrog You still have not answered my question

3 Likes

^ Ian gets it.

Ian, you sure you’re not a MMOG developer?? : )

2 Likes

Tell us what critical thinking comes in wars? You put a defence up laced with healers and watch field aid do it’s thing against weaker teams 2-6 hits. Mono is there only chance. If they change it half the new players will quit

I disagree, unless your strategy for bad boards is to randomly shift tiles around and hope for the best. No strategy requires skill when the RNGods smile. It’s when things are tough that the skill players really shine.

8 Likes

Try this: go after some 4000+ Guin tank, with a random (not purple strong) 3/2 or otherwise stacked 4* team and no strategy or critical thinking/planning, just hoping that you will get lucky, and see where that leads you… :grinning:. Please come back after and share your thoughts about how stacking colors require no strategic thinking and planing…

3 Likes

Amen to that! :rofl::smirk:

Put the alignment you want, with the heroes you want, 5 *, against a Gin tank and do not put purple and come and tell it. You are demagogues.

And no, it does not require anything, it is the triumph of mediocrity. I have Gin and 4 of the best with her and I lost with ridiculous teams of 4 * and without any synergy.

I raid with one team against any tank or team composition. Inari Evelyn GM Zim and Lianna.

How exactly do you know what teams are you loosing to? How on earth do you presume to know about their synergy level? I’m sure you understand (you are an experienced player, I don’t know to what extent, but possibly even more than me) they are not attacking with their defense teams, which are the only ones you can see, so unless they post videos of the battle there is no way you know what combination of heroes they used to take down your defenses.

The fact that you consider 4* teams to be ridiculous shows your understanding level of this game… of course, it’s easy making ridiculous affirmations while hiding confortably behind a wall of HOTM and event heroes… take away the 5* gods for one week, see how you fair in the mortal world… than brag about 4*'s being ridiculous…

Maybe the demagogy is not on my side here…

4 Likes

Well, it’s very simple, people, when they are not very experienced, usually make a mistake, use the same slot for everything. If you are attacked and you see who has attacked you and is still online attacking, what you see is what you are using. The last I saw of this type, which had taken 52 cups at the first attempt was: tiburtus 3/60, rigard top, merlin 3/60, cypress top and juniper 3/60. The team did not exceed 3400. And I do not take refuge in anything, there is no hotm on my team, there are 2 event heroes, 1 atlantis and 2 at tc20. And a lot of patience and work, which seems to give allergy here. And I repeat, Geneva’s phrase is pure demagogy.

I’m not saying this to antagonize you, but, sorry, I must be missing something cose I’m not making any sense of that… I agree to the first part, where an inexperienced player might (or might not) use his defense team to attack, but there is absolutely no way for you to know if that is or is not so, unless they post a recording of the battle…
As for the second part about the enemy being still online, raiding, and you being able to see his attack team, I can’t make sense of it… I say it again, there is no available tool at this moment that allows you to see the heroes somebody used to attack you or anyone else for that matter… All you ever see is their defense team…

As for the Guin part, I usually avoid her, but when I’m in a mood for a hard fight I hunt her with Proteus, Cyprian, Sabina, Boldtusk and Gormek all maxed up, all with at least level 5 class emblems, and I’m always having a hard time with her, while Vivica, Musashi, Onatel or Drake usually go down a lot easyer. If Guin charges up ahead of Proteus, I loose… If Proteus charges up before her… usually those three turns where she and her flanks can get no mana are more than enough to set the board in my favor (assuming there are tiles to be set right on the board…). So I think I’m close to the truth when I say she is the most dangerous available tank, and will be for while.

1 Like

Here’s roughly the teams I use in War against the 100% top tier yellow-tank defense teams vs top 5 alliances:

1: Rigard Tibertus Ares Khiona Grave
2: Proteus Aeron Sartana Natalya BT
3: Viv evelyn Gregor Guin Zeline (sometimes the two yellows get swapped for Rigard and merlin)
4: Rigard Athena Magni Merlin Ariel
5: Kiril Joon Richard Alasie Delilah
6: Albi Marjana Azlar Zim Redhood (3/70)

all of these teams can and do get one-shots in war not raids (so defense aid is active) and only 2 of them have 3 or more purples. Some of the heroes get moved around a bit with specific defenses, but those are my war shells. Not shockingly team 1 is my most successful team having 3 purples and 3 strong 80s. I haven’t not one shot a team since I started using this (of course I probably just jinxed this). Team 3 is actually 100% as well, though I’ve only used it in 6 wars. 1 Guin team and 5 Del/Drake teams.

I’m just sharing…

@Ber - there is no way to see what team is attacking you. Even if the person is online, etc, all you ever see is what is set at their defense. The only way to know what team attacked you is if they tell you or you see a video after the fact.

1 Like

You do not understand it or I do not explain myself well. If, at times, there is a way to see it, when the game warns you that you have been attacked, you connect, the attack is recent and the player continues to attack using the defense slot, which shows you what defense you use to attack. You, as a high-level player, take for granted that the attacker adapts his team to the opponent, but below that is not the case, they put the strongest single-player team they have and they look for rivals that adapt to it. The team of my example, which had attacked me 2 minutes before, is the same without a doubt. In other cases it is not known, but we all use the best we have for defense, if your defense is 4 *, you do not have one of hotms in the bank.

I play 4000+ teams with Guin tanks all the time using a rainbow team (currently at 3923) and win the majority of the time. Perseus stops her from healing. Victor steals healing and gives DoT. Leonidas delays her from using her special. Those are just some of what I use, there are many other possible counters to Guin other than just stacking purple and hoping the board gives you purple tiles. There is no strategy in that, just luck.

Other options:
Hel/Proteus - stop her from getting mana
Queen of Hearts - protects allies from Guin’s special allowing them to charge faster and attack
The Hatter - Steal all the buffs Guin gave out
Morgan - Effectively cancels out her regen buff
Inari - possibly evade Guin’s special
Onatel - ssteal mana to prevent Guin’s special
etc. etc. etc.

See that is strategy, using specials and team building to counter the enemy. Color stacking is just high risk, high reward, all luck.

Edit - a word

That’s strategy, that’s quality. The other is demagoguery.

Stacking colors is not about mindless tile hurling as some try to imply here… stacking colors is about charging multiple heroes at the same time and unleashing a devastating series of specials against the enemy. If you don’t see that, you are missing a lot about this game…Take for instance my favorite combo: Boldtusk boosts attack sky high, Gormek drops defense (they charge at the same time) and soon after Colen burns everybody. Rarely I face a defense team that recovers from this… But anyway, some are strong enough or lucky enough to survive, so I usualy bring Proteus and Cyprian along… especialy if there are AOE hitters across the field. Proteus blocks the snipers and / or healers to work their magic, while I hurl all available tiles against the AOE heavy hitters in order to make them shoot against Cyprian’s riposte… This is 100% team synergy and battle strategy against green tanks, not mindless tile hurling. So, your theory about stacking being just blind luck doesn’t stand… Of course, good board skills and luck are required whether you use rainbow or heavy stacking…

4 Likes