Time for a big change - STOP Mono Colour

Quiet!!! Lol. :scream::scream::scream:

3 Likes

There would be a chance to get a more serious, balanced game, but it seems not all of you are ready for that. So let’s live with that mess…

:cry::sob::tired_face:

I doubt you’d be as happy with a 3-hero stack limit as you think you would, since strong defenses would still get destroyed with great regularity.

Both @Kerridoc and @General_Confusion have offered more integrated counter-proposals to deal with color stacking at all depths of stack. Do you have any thoughts on these?

As a general comment, I’d encourage you to actually engage with the people posting here on the their perspectives and ideas, rather than just dismissing everything, taking your metaphorical ball, and going home. It’s an issue people clearly feel strongly about, and it needs thoughtful voices on all sides.

4 Likes

What about the ppl who raid with 3 of same colour and 2 empty spots. Still a mono team. And I am no game dev. but allowing it for events but not raids and war seems like a hard thing to implement not to mention wildly hypocritical. Can’t have it both ways

Aww no love for cage burrito name?

3 Likes

All I see with this thread is those that want to force others to play there style and the “morally superior” who think their style is the purest with most skill and try put down others (politely ) that they have no skill.
I’ve seen this every game I play .

It is sad.

Everyone is playing within the defined mechanics all have skill and quirks . One way is not more skilful than the other .

Play your high and mighty style but leave others to play how they want

8 Likes

To add to this. Right now, as I understand it (please correct me if I’m wrong) the math for stacking basically adds up all the same color heroes attack, then subtracts the targets defense.

@Kerridoc has proposed that (and again, correct me if I’m wrong) one way to prevent the overpowered impact of stacking would be to take the targets defense from each of the attackers attack and then sum that up. This is still a large advantage for stacking, but is also less than the current way.

My way would also lessen the impact, but keep the current math.

If the above is correct, it doesn’t even make logical sense the way the math works. It would imply that when facing multiple appoints a heroes skills and armor is suddenly ineffective after the first person attacks.

1 Like

Mono team is great when your opponent is all 4* and 5* and all you got is 3*. Gives some chance.

The only thing I want to say is the devs need to make sure the war matches are working correct of they want to even consider limiting stacks. Of you are fed up with all posts to do with unfair matches just wait and see, lol.
Last war our opponent had 15, yes 15 teams at least 300 points stronger than your top teams. The only way for us to win, instead of give up was to try more me no attacks. Some might says it was an easy way, BUT with mono boards it was a huge risk as most of you know - we managed to pull a win:-)

I’m not :100:% opposed to limiting stacking but to do so all other things have to fall into place.

Just my penny in the convo x

It’s actually: “adds up all the same color heroes attack, then divides by the target’s defense.” SolemnWolf’s examples show it working this way.

In essence, the attack stats of multiple heroes of the same color combine in the same way that heroes and troops combine in the damage equation.

The result of the calculation seems to have undergone some linearization at the higher end of the damage curve–like all damage seems to have. I’m still collecting data to try to understand what really happened. Too many irons in the fire, though.

When I was a kid…I actually got mono twice. Low chance but it happens.

2 Likes

And when you’ll realize that you are loosing just as often to 3/2 teams, will you claim that all teams that are not rainbow should be forbidden, because they don’t fit your strategy?!! This is b#lls##it!

4 Likes

Yes, that is a great summation of the arguments.

Mono is kamikaze, you go in not hoping to come back out, just hoping you’ll take your enemy down with you…

1 Like

again, nothing to do with the arguments presented.

And what does the OP got to do with anything? It states that mono teams should be forbidden because the poster feels threatened by them… big deal! He than speaks about game balance :grinning::joy::rofl: Where is the game balance between the big spenders and the f2p or c2p? Is anyone concerned about that? I don’t think so… What is this? Nobody should be able to beat me because I spent a zillion dollars? It’s the stupidest thing I ever heard… And he worries about his precious tank that does not have “any worth with 5 of a kind”. I’ll tell you what this really is… somebody spent a fortune in dollars to get Guin, GM and some other fancy heroes, only to find out that they are vulnerable to a rag tag band of lucky 3* heroes… meanwhile, lots of players work their skins off, grinding and leveling, day in and day out, hoping TC 20 will spawn some decent 5* one day…
I don’t do mono (3-2 is the only acceptable formula as far as I’m concerned), except for when I face a mono defense team. That is impossible to pass, it’s like an all you can eat buffet, of course you go mono in this case… But I definitely am against anything that would further restrain the already slim chances of low spenders…

3 Likes

One big benefit of stacked teams that hasn’t been mentioned is timing of specials. While some hero’s specials are great whenever—e.g. Hel—others are far more effective in combination—e.g. Jackal + Joon or Evelyn + Lianna. With stacking, you (a) put complementary heroes on the same team and (b) assure that they will be charged at the same time. Even when there isn’t a color-specific benefit, an Athena-Richard combo works better than an Athena-Drake combo, because the former always comes up together.

7 Likes

This is the most important part of color staking, who doesn’t see this doesn’t understand the game. Increased tile damage is a bonus, but the real prize is using three specials in the same turn. That’s what wins the raid. Boldtusk boosts, Gormek drops and then Colen burns everyone. It’s a high rate winning combo.

5 Likes

Whenever my mono red team flashes together, I look at Wilbur’s face and know we are on the same vibe.

2 Likes