Tie A Yellow Ribbon 'Round the Old Oak Tree

(Google the song for the reference to a story about welcoming someone home)

Yesterday, one of our strongest, most dedicated long term alliance members quit the game because ascension mats are so rare, it was no longer worth the frustration. He was such a gentleman about it:. He told us why he was leaving, used his war & Titan flags, and left. We all left messages saying how much we’d miss him & that he was always welcome back. I was surprised how sad & melancholy I was for the rest of the day.

Late last night he came back!!! He said that he realized he needs to not take the game so seriously & play more casually…and that the main reason he loves the game is our alliance. I was surprised how really happy I was to see him back!!!

It colored how I felt about the Atlantis pull this morning. I still set my alarm, but when I pulled Gil-Ra instead of a 4or 5 star, I just figured, “Oh well, I have plenty of others to level up while I’m waiting.”. I wasn’t even tempted to buy gems because honestly, ascension materials ARE rare & I have lots of heroes waiting.

I’m going back to F2P. C2P with VIP gave me a jump start, but I realize now how all this fervor about what everyone “has” to have was making me a little crazy. It took Mitch coming back (not his leaving) to help me pull back the curtain & see what’s important to me. It’s all about the community…for me.

I hope this will help at least one person take a deep breath and recenter.

Blessings on the Empire!

:heart: :coffee: :sunflower: :four_leaf_clover: :fountain: :heart:

12 Likes

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing. After 9 un-purchased pulls and a shameful amount of paid for pulls this month, and not pulling the hero of the month, I’ve spent more money than I planned to spend in a year of playing. I have a 5* of every element, And then some and plenty of 4*, and you’re right, mats are rare.

This post helped me validate my decision to go back to how I played the 1st month of gameplay. I only bought the event and Atlantis offers, and maybe a side offer if it was close to 200 gems per dollar or had an ascension mat I needed. Christmas and having VIP for 3 months has really spoiled me. But I have 2 TC20 and one TC19. I think i can comfortably focus on the heroes I have and stop freaking out over all the 5* that are nearly impossible to get.

I’m lad your ally came back, and I’m glad you both are taking the game more casual and fun. I’m glad I’m not the only one deciding to do this. May the RNG be ever in your favor

2 Likes

It does! :clap: :clap: :clap:
This is something we should do in many aspects of our lives.

2 Likes

Cookie Settings