Tiburtus costume emblem path

I agree, I use Tibs mainly for his defense debuff. Though, I use mine without the costume because I don’t have any Purple AOEs. Seshat is my only other direct damage-dealing Purple 4* or 5*, and so my Purple playstyle is to take one or two targets down at a time. This means normal Tibs’ more targeted, greater damage to one target is more helpful for me.

If I get a Purple AOE, then I will use Tibs’ costume.

1 Like

When I say attacker vs. supporter, for me what I mean is attackers are heroes whose special does damage, while supporters are ones who only boost (heal, boost attack, boost defense, etc.) while doing little or no damage with their special at all. So to me, Tibs is an attacker. He brings defense down, and when I pick a war team I always start with one who does that, but he also attacks. So I’d probably want to buff up that attack, unless he’s particularly squishy, in which case I might think about keeping him alive longer instead.

Hey there. C tibs is great, i use him all the time to def down enemies. He is poor man’s isarnia :slight_smile: Pair him with hit-all heroes for the ultimate effect.

Tips on embleming: whatever you do, don’t prioritize his health, even when you are trying to make him sturdier. Health is least favorable of three main stats in general sense. Defense up contributes more to keep your hero alive. Also specifically, with paladin’s protect talent he can even perform better than many 5* tanks.

Do not take the mana boost, it won’t help him charge one less tile than he already does without (9 tiles). Go with the defense up at that node.

Here are my two tiburti, First one took every sword and chose sword+shield over sword+heart, second one took every path with a shield, and chose sword over heart when faced with that choice.

I emblemed him balanced before and after using him this much, if you wanna know my final verdict, pick one of the versions i use.

3 Likes

I’m not sure I’m parsing that quite right – one less than he already does without? But anyway, the previous poster talked about the mana boost (which is the choice I’m up to now, and I realize now that on the Ranger it’s mid-ladder, whereas on some other classes it’s not until node 19) enabling you to charge up with fewer tiles by leveling your 4* mana troop up to level 11 rather than 19 (IIRC). I do have a 4* purple mana troop and it’s already up to level 14. If I’m going to pair that troop with Tiburtus, would that mean the mana boost would be enough to make him charge up with fewer tiles? If so, then it would probably actually be worth choosing that boost for me.

He charges at 9 tiles with costume bonus and a lvl5 mana troop. The mana node won’t get him to 8 tiles.

This is without the costume bonus. With costume bonus you already cover the 5% mana. You don’t need that mana node ever.

There is a mistake here. Probably 17 instead of 23?

nod I haven’t checked that at all. I was just referring to the previous commenter and wondering whether there was anything to what they were saying. Sounds like probably not. Thanks for your feedback!

I’m glad you gave it some thought! You could have tagged me @sft1965 and I would have been right here to answer that for you as best as I can as I understand things. As it happens, I have been doing the math on Mireweave (very fast) who with a modest 7% mana boost (+ 2% from the talent grid) goes from taking 6.5 tiles (hits or 3.25 ghosted/misses to 6.0 tiles (3.0 ghosted/misses). It doesn’t take that extra hit to get the extra 0.5 of a tile. Now stupidly fast!!!

Lets just start with basics: One tile hit is equal +/-, more or less) to 100 mana points!! (So Average takes 10 tiles/hits). Ghosting tiles is different as these tiles give back double.

Very fast = 650 points
Fast = 800 points
Average = 1000 points
Slow = 1200
Very slow = 1350 points (actually 1440!!)

Using the available math, very slow should be ((20% x 1200) + 1200) OR 1440 points. Too many people have messed with things and incorporated assumptions. The math that goes into mana etc. is consistent with this interpretation until someone convinces me otherwise.

Your Tiburtus has now, the 5% costume mana bonus; your 9% mana troop bonus and the 2% mana bonus from the talent grid: 16% OR 160 points of mana regeneration ability. It seems to me that if you take 1.6 from 10 you end up with ~8.5 tile hits (~4.25 ghosted). How the AI works with that, I have no idea, because i have watched the mana bar (on a very fast hero there is no mistaking progress) and I have seen the mana bar at about 30% and that shouldn’t be possible but when reflections are flying around and attacks are going on things can get a little chaotic.

Another thing that should be mentioned is that people have made observations of their static defense and discovered that a nerf was built in some time ago (an update; speculation as to the goal? No idea! Points were made.) However what was observed was mana regeneration occurring at ~80% +/- of normal speed. They conjectured it might be to do with playability when raiding as the AI deals in increments of whole values that human players have to deal with and can attack without warning if the turn has not passed by them yet. It is basically a mechanism to slow things down so that people have a chance. Is that in place now? No idea at all. I wouldn’t know who to ask. In the case a regular non costume Tiburtus that would make him a solid “slow” on defense from being average on attack.

He may only end up being faster on defense, but that is still a bonus!

Enjoy!

Oddly, the people I talk to most about this and the people I listen to the most ARE STRANGELY people who have similar attitudes and ideas to me. Sorry I did not make that clear!!. When people talk about the talent grid and which route was taken, they might say something like: “I chose attack, defense; OR, defense, health OR attack, health”. What they are telling you is what they profitised.

So there seems (SEEMS!!!) to be two prevailing paths most common AND NO, it does not apply universally across all classes. Attack, health Or defense, health. There is a built in limit to what you can do as you cannot follow different paths and change the power rating of the hero. One of these groups says to prioritise attack above all else and I don’t agree for the most part; I prefer piling on defense.

Hope that cleared things up for you.

Are you saying that very slow actually takes 1350 points, but you think it should take 1440? Because you think the math to get there should be something multiplied by the previous number? But that doesn’t make sense. Look at all the other numbers. Average is 1000. Fast and slow are + and - 200 points from average, and very fast and very slow are + and - 350 points from average. Very slow would not be symmetric with very fast if it was 1440.

The steps from slow to very slow and fast to very fast are smaller than the steps from average to slow and average to fast. You can’t expect the ratio of very slow to slow to be the same as the ratio of slow to average – which is what you’re arguing it should be. Look. None of the other adjacent ratios are the same.
Fast / Very fast = 800/650 = 1.23
Average / Fast = 1000/800 = 1.25
Slow / Average = 1200/1000 = 1.2
Very Slow / Slow = 1350/1200 = 1.125
If it was 1440/1200, it would be 1.2, but why should that be?

What should be symmetric are the ratios of Very Fast and Very Slow TO AVERAGE. AND THEY ARE.
Very Fast / Average = .65 = 1-.35
Very Slow / Average = .35
In other words, Very Fast is 35% faster than Average, and Very Slow is 35% slower than average.
Likewise,
Fast / Average = .8 = 1-.2
Slow / Average = .2
In other words, Fast is 20% faster than Average, and Slow is 20% slower than Average.

See?

16% doesn’t translate into “160 points of mana generation ability”. That doesn’t make sense. What you have to do is add the 16% to the base 100% and then DIVIDE into the number of points needed to fill. So with a 16% bonus, you’re getting 116 points per tile, and if you need 1000 points total, that means you need 1000/116 = 8.62 tiles – which means you won’t get there until 9 tiles.

I didn’t actually take the 2% bonus, so let’s see whether it made any difference. With the hypothetical 9% mana troop (not sure what I actually have in purple and don’t feel like checking at the moment, but 9% is reasonable guess and was assumed above) it’s just 114 rather than 116 points per tile. 1000/114 = 8.77. The same 9 tiles.

That is odd :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m afraid I still don’t understand, though, what you meant when you described your standard ranger path. Your notation isn’t clear. You’re using a shorthand that I haven’t been able to figure out. And I would like to understand what you were talking about.

You said “defense/ health, health/ defense”. In English, please, what does that MEAN? I want to read the first part as prioritizing defense over health, but the second part says the exact opposite, so that can’t be it. So I tried mapping it to choices on the actual path, but I just can’t figure it out. Please just translate for me.

I’m going to break a rule here! Please, for the sake of my sanity, do a basic search on “emblems” and “which path should I take?” I’m not trying to reinvent a wheel here!! What I’m trying to say is “don’t take just my word for anything at all!”. Ask questions, ALL THE TIME!!!

I’m at a loss and I’m in so much trouble for being awful here… BUT PLEASE, listen to what some of the ‘names’ here have to say? (ignore me all you like). The emblem path you choose is up to your individual play style; what I may prioritize may not be an issue to another player (I accept that). I happen to value defense; other worthy people go with attack. Who is who to say who is correct? I have tried to explain perspective but I cannot explain stereo vision to a person born with one eye!

It is not a linear relationship! Just some simple observation (methods of which have been posted here numerous times). Math doesn’t work just one way in one direction (and i am a mathematical moron). If your zero point is the (notianal middle) everything works out on either side regardless of being (lets say) positive or negative! ??? Give me a break here? @Math4lyfe (unless they are bogus which i actually doubt ) could add or clarity from an expert perspective!

What do you mean, “expert perspective”? I have a Master’s degree in Mathematics, Bachelor’s degrees in both Math and Physics, and a Minor in Computer Science. I’ve worked several years as an Actuary before becoming disabled. (Actuarial Analyst, technically – only 3 of 10 exams in, at the time, but only someone else in the field will really know what that means, anyway.) Math is my calling; hence the Mathochist in my username (and the Mandelbrot Set tattoo on my body). So what kind of expert are you talking about, here?

I have done, AS I SAID. And I had already read plenty on the subject before this thread. Some like to prioritize defense. More seem to be on the side of prioritizing attack first, and then defense over health.

None of that tells me ANYTHING about what YOU mean by “ defense/ health, health/ defense ”. IT MAKES NO SENSE, and I don’t understand WHY you are so unwilling to simply TRANSLATE that cryptic notation into plain English when asked! What’s so hard about that??

If I wrote “defense/health”, what I would mean world be to prioritize defense over health – in other words, to choose defense over health every time I had a choice. But you can’t mean that, because you wrote BOTH “defense/health” AND “health/defense” – exact opposites. So you must mean something different by the “this/that” notation. But I have NO IDEA what it is.

I’m not asking you what anybody else recommends. I’m only asking WHAT YOU MEANT when you wrote “ defense/ health, health/ defense ”. Just effing translate it from this weird slash notation of yours into plain English, why don’t you? Just that one thing in plain ENGLISH. That’s all I’m asking.

You deserve a respectful response but I don’t have the mental resources to spare at the moment. Trust me on this please?

I picked attack/defense for the normal Tiburtus. Costume falls as it may. That means I went for attack when available. When needing to choose between defense and health, choosing defense, as is best for nearly all heroes. When first getting costume, I experimented with running the costume version, but the duration of the defense down ailment was too short to make it superior. Tiburtus normal with costume bonus even makes titan team due to attack path. I have Obakan at level 70 going nowhere. Some recommend ascending Obakan due to high attack stat to help with titan. But Obakan won’t have better attack stat than Tiburtus unless going past 7 emblem nodes, which is too expensive for a little gain.

2 Likes

I wound up doing the same. Priorities attack then defense then health, and ignore custome side, as I didn’t expect to use that much (and I was right).

Hey so did we ever decide on whether it is worth taking costume tibs to the 19th emblem nodule for mana?

I am on the fence…

He’s worth it to the 20th for the defense kick (especially with the glut of emblems flowing in now).

Probably not the mana node.

If you have a mana troop it will save you from having to level it to 5, but that is not a hard jump and once your mana troop is 5+ the mana node doesn’t reach the next breakpoint.

If there is a mana boost (Brynhild, Sif etc.) then the costume bonus alone is enough to get you to 8 tiles without the mana node or mana troops. However the duration of the buff may not last long enough to fill, and the mana node and/or troops may help to push the remainder.

The costume bonus and mana node are not enough by themselves to reach any breakpoints, so if you can’t use mana troops (4* tournaments) then it doesn’t help. This includes rush tournaments - although classes with the 4% mana node (not paladins like c Tiburtus) would benefit from getting it in rush when they have the costume bonus to get to 6 tiles.

So the only way it can reliably help you is with a mana troop level 1-4 which is easily outgrown, even when balancing having other higher level mana troops on other heroes. It may situationally help if you occasionally have a mana buff, but honestly don’t think that’s worth it.

Edit: There is good infomation on this here Mana 10% bonus from Costumes [it’s actually 5%] - #2 by Guvnor and I missed another (very specific) case where the mana node can be useful for c Tiburtus. Thanks @Guvnor

• Costume Bonus (5%) + Level 29 Mana Troop (15%) + Elemental Link (+4%) + Class Bonus (2%) = 26%

In this case the elemental link would come from Seshat and c Tiburtus can charge with only 8 tiles during the 4-turn duration after she fires. Still don’t think it’s worth it for such a specific instance.

1 Like